Jump 50th Anniversary Jumputi Heros

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: Jump 50th Anniversary Jumputi Heros

Post by Arano »

methpring wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:07 am Koga dog spotted!
Saw this on Twitter the other day! Haven't been able to find a better image of it yet. Do you think we might see bears in the game or is it a case of... kougas being the easy option to include using the dog base haha
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Arano wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:51 pm
Saw this on Twitter the other day! Haven't been able to find a better image of it yet. Do you think we might see bears in the game or is it a case of... kougas being the easy option to include using the dog base haha
I hope we can see Akakaboto! Because he's a huge character if we compare to other bears tho. Would be awesome. :akakabuto:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Arano wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:51 pm
I used the number replacement trick and couldn't find any new GNG images, so I assume it doesn't show up on the web page.

My gaming experience makes me suspect that if bears are added, they'll either be bosses or some special one-attack summons because trying to fit something the size of Akakabuto on the battlefield alongside the normal-sized characters would probably be a bit difficult.

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

I need to have chibi Akakabuto in my life
Image Image
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Regnant wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:41 pm I need to have chibi Akakabuto in my life
Imagine chibi Kaibutsu
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Smith wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:52 pm
Regnant wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:41 pm I need to have chibi Akakabuto in my life
Imagine chibi Kaibutsu
I think I'd die
:surprisegin: :P4:
Image Image
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Regnant wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:44 pm
Smith wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:52 pm
Imagine chibi Kaibutsu
I think I'd die
:surprisegin: :P4:
XD
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

https://twitter.com/gyo_p/status/982934458444660737

Here's a video of all 4 of them in action!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Arano wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:54 pm https://twitter.com/gyo_p/status/982934458444660737

Sweet amazing! ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Arano wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:54 pm https://twitter.com/gyo_p/status/982934458444660737

Interestingly, Ben uses the Geki Sentsuuhi Battouga, which makes this the first time the non-Zetsu Battougas have been referenced in decades. I wonder if this means we could see some of the wolves make an appearance. :THOT:

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Ooooh the video looks amazing! Hahah of course Smith would cry. Their attacks are really cool. Looking forward more action of them. And maybe new characters c:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

IS THAT KUROJAKI?!?! *dies*

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

FDQ wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:40 am IS THAT KUROJAKI?!?! *dies*

IT IS! IT IS!!!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Ack, I wish there was a site that had ALL the characters from the game, so we could see who else is in the game!!

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

FDQ wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:32 pm Ack, I wish there was a site that had ALL the characters from the game, so we could see who else is in the game!!
I assume sprite rips and comprehensive guides are going to appear sometime after the game is released. Given the sheer number of fandoms interested in this game I wouldn't be surprised if it got its own Wiki at some point.

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Digsu wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:55 pm
FDQ wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:32 pm Ack, I wish there was a site that had ALL the characters from the game, so we could see who else is in the game!!
I assume sprite rips and comprehensive guides are going to appear sometime after the game is released. Given the sheer number of fandoms interested in this game I wouldn't be surprised if it got its own Wiki at some point.
That would be so cool! I hope we get to see a lot more Ginga characters popping up then

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Okay apparently the game's already out whoops.

I think this is a list of all the currently available characters, but I couldn't see Kurojaki or the Koga dog in there. Maybe they're enemy-only characters?

There's also a tweet about a GNG-themed "Hero Island", whatever that means. It's apparently the 18th island in the game, and assuming it works how games like this usually work you have to clear the other islands before you can tackle this one.

edit: I'm trying to see if I can get the game to work on my phone, meanwhile here's the GNG character stats I managed to glean from that page I linked earlier.

Gin
Attribute: Blue
Type: Balance

Skills:
Killing skill: Zetsu Tenrou Battouga: Deal 250% damage to one enemy and increase attack power by 3% for two turns.
Friendship skill: Receive the blade of the bearhound!(what): Increase attack power by 25% and resilience by 20% for two turns.
Passive ability: Bearhound's blood: When HP is 90% or more, reduce amount needed for killing skill by 1 (I'm... not really sure what Google Translate meant to say here :derpgin: ) and increase attack power by 5%.

Smith
Attribute: Yellow
Type: Physical

Skills:
Klling skill: Nimble fang: 200% damage on one enemy.
Friendship skill: Here I am! The mighty Smith has arrived!: increases all allies attack power by 20% for two turns.
Passive ability: None

Akame
Attribute: Red
Type: Attack

Skills:
Killing skill: Iga ninja skill, Raikaken: 240% damage to all enemies.
Friendship skill: Receive the fang of the Iga ninja...!: Increase allies' attack power by 20% and lower enemies' attack power by 15% for two turns.
Passive ability: Leader of the Iga ninja dogs: increase resilience by 10% when in a boss battle.

Ben
Attribute: Red
Type: -

Skills:
Killing skill: Geki Sentsuuhi Battouga - Morohajuu Resshuken: Deal 240% damage to one enemy, reflect back 14% damage dealt to allies for two turns.
Friendship skill: Power can only be controlled with power! (again, something's probably a bit funny here :derpgin: ): Red attribute attack power increased by 25% and recovery increased by 20% for two turns.
Passive ability: Fudou Myoou of Ohu: When HP is 90% or more, increase damage done by killing skills by 30%.

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

I tried getting the game to work on my phone, but I couldn't get past the startup screen. I tried with a Japanese VPN aswell, but no difference. Hopefully you have more success than me

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

FDQ wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:02 pm I tried getting the game to work on my phone, but I couldn't get past the startup screen. I tried with a Japanese VPN aswell, but no difference. Hopefully you have more success than me
I used Qooapp to download it and I'm currently playing through the tutorial, with no VPN in use. I have no idea what the trick is to get it working as a quick search shows a lot of people having the "stuck at start screen" issue :derpgin:

edit: The Koga dog appears in the tutorial!

Hi-rez for science:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Apologies for the double post but here's a bunch of stuff I've managed to glean from the game.

The game uses a "gacha" style system for collecting the characters. Wikipedia has an entire article on the subject, but to put it briefly, characters are gained randomly by spending Rubies, the game's currency of choice. Rubies can be earned either through gameplay or by buying them for real money, and you can either spend 100 Rubies for a single character or 1000 Rubies for a pack of ten. The packs of ten always have at least one rare character in them, so it's better to save up Rubies for the ten-packs.

There are also tickets that can be redeemed for one character, with three types being available: 80s, 90s, and 2000s tickets, with each giving you a character from the appropriate time period.

There's also "friendship points" that can be redeemed for (again, random) items that can be used to level up your characters. You can also level characters up by winning battles and "feeding" other characters to them.

You have a limited amount of stamina, which is depleted every time you attempt a battle. After it's completely gone, you can either spend Rubies to replenish it or just wait for it to recharge.

This is basically the exact same model used by every single other gacha-style mobile game out there, so if you're familiar with one of them, you'll know how it works.

But that's enough of the boring technical stuff, let's talk about cartoon dogs! :EXCITE:

After you clear the tutorial, you can choose one five-star character of your choice, with Gin being possible choice. The other three available GNG characters - Ben, Akame, and Smith - are only available through the gacha lottery.

The game is nice enough to list the chances of you pulling any specific character from the gacha packs... and it's not terribly reassuring.

For reference, Gin's odds are the same as Ben's, so I recommend picking him as your freebie if you want him.

Through some eldritch coincidence, I managed to get Ben and Smith from the first pack I opened (the game gives you some rubies and tickets to get you started), so have some gifs of chibi doggies!

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Finally, here are videos I recorded of all three using their finishers/killing techniques.

I will do Akame as soon as I obtain him but given how gacha games are that may or may not actually happen.

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”