General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Re: Crisp HD GNG videos

Post by Wolpard »

PhantomWolf wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:46 pm
Wolpard wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:54 am
Gingaddict wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:55 am Great! I wish these were on Youtube and I'd use my catcher to download them as I don't seem to have a driver for Google drive files.
You should be able to make an account with google and download them directly from drive :p
i'm on windows & but i can't play GNG on my computer because the file type is .MKV and thats not accepted by the player i use :tfw_aokabuto2:

i can play the raw GDW anime tho since their the usual .avi
I have Windows 10 and it plays just fine? What are you trying to open them in?

You can also use an online converter if you need to, I needed to do that to import the files into premiere for an AMV I was working on
PhantomWolf
Potential
Potential

Post by PhantomWolf »

Wolpard wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:20 pm
Wolpard wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:54 am

You should be able to make an account with google and download them directly from drive :p
i'm on windows & but i can't play GNG on my computer because the file type is .MKV and thats not accepted by the player i use :tfw_aokabuto2:

You can also use an online converter if you need to, I needed to do that to import the files into premiere for an AMV I was working on
im using windows 7. i was gonna upgrade it to 10 but after i heard of new malware attacks, i decided to hold off on upgrading until it's safe
made by Dragon!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

PhantomWolf wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:45 pm
Wolpard wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:20 pm

im using windows 7. i was gonna upgrade it to 10 but after i heard of new malware attacks, i decided to hold off on upgrading until it's safe
Dunno if Windows 7 has any built in software to play .mkv files but I would just convert them.
lolsen
Recruit
Recruit

Post by lolsen »

Hi PhantomWolf, I would recommend that you just go ahead and upgrade to Windows 10. I don't know where you've heard that Windows 7 is the most secure of the two, but fortunately that is not really the case as Windows 10 is arguably nearly twice as secure: https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-1 ... as-secure/

In addition Microsoft have completely stopped their support of Windows 7 since January 14th 2020 (which includes updating the security, for the ever expanding range of newer and newer malware): https://venturebeat.com/2020/01/14/micr ... d-to-know/

If you however do decide to stay with Windows 7 or face the same problem with Windows 10, I would highly recommend you - instead of going through the process of converting the videos - to simply install a media player which supports the .mkv format, e.g. VLC: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Happy watching :D
PhantomWolf
Potential
Potential

Post by PhantomWolf »

lolsen wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:10 am Hi PhantomWolf, I would recommend that you just go ahead and upgrade to Windows 10. I don't know where you've heard that Windows 7 is the most secure of the two, but fortunately that is not really the case as Windows 10 is arguably nearly twice as secure: https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-1 ... as-secure/

In addition Microsoft have completely stopped their support of Windows 7 since January 14th 2020 (which includes updating the security, for the ever expanding range of newer and newer malware): https://venturebeat.com/2020/01/14/micr ... d-to-know/

If you however do decide to stay with Windows 7 or face the same problem with Windows 10, I would highly recommend you - instead of going through the process of converting the videos - to simply install a media player which supports the .mkv format, e.g. VLC: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Happy watching :D
well, i know windows 10 is the most secure, but there was some malware stuff earlier this year so that drew me off
made by Dragon!
lolsen
Recruit
Recruit

Post by lolsen »

Microsoft have literally stopped supporting the OS since January 2020, rendering Windows 7, de facto, not safe.
It basically translates to:

Neighboor A (W10): Has an okay front door, you wouldn't rely on it if you're running a business from your address, but otherwise it works kinda fine.
Neighboor B (W7): Doesn't have a frontdoor... at all...

Anyways, it is your computer and therefore of course your choice,
and happy watching regardless which solution (converting, updating, installing codecs (vlc), or something else) you choose :D
PhantomWolf
Potential
Potential

Post by PhantomWolf »

lolsen wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:19 am Microsoft have literally stopped supporting the OS since January 2020, rendering Windows 7, de facto, not safe.
I KNOW IT'S NOT SAFE!!!! YOU DON'T NEED TO TELL ME!!! :bella4:
made by Dragon!
lolsen
Recruit
Recruit

Post by lolsen »

I was not commenting annoy you, not at all, and I can only apologize if you read it that way.

The reason I further clarified the issues with safety, was simply because you originally stated and then after I replied, restated not having upgraded to W10, due malware security issues earlier this year:

"im using windows 7. i was gonna upgrade it to 10 but after i heard of new malware attacks, i decided to hold off on upgrading until it's safe"

"well, i know windows 10 is the most secure, but there was some malware stuff earlier this year so that drew me off"

Since this is plainly wrong, you have apparently been sticking with a highly insecure OS, due to being falsely informed. Personally, if that was me, I would be happy for someone to elaborate upon, the importance of data security taken into account. That was the only reason behind it, anyways, you apparently took it as me being annoying, and again, I can only apologize for you reading it that way.

Have a nice day.
PhantomWolf
Potential
Potential

Post by PhantomWolf »

lolsen wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:18 pm I was not commenting annoy you, not at all, and I can only apologize if you read it that way.

The reason I further clarified the issues with safety, was simply because you originally stated and then after I replied, restated not having upgraded to W10, due malware security issues earlier this year:

"im using windows 7. i was gonna upgrade it to 10 but after i heard of new malware attacks, i decided to hold off on upgrading until it's safe"

"well, i know windows 10 is the most secure, but there was some malware stuff earlier this year so that drew me off"

Since this is plainly wrong, you have apparently been sticking with a highly insecure OS, due to being falsely informed. Personally, if that was me, I would be happy for someone to elaborate upon, the importance of data security taken into account. That was the only reason behind it, anyways, you apparently took it as me being annoying, and again, I can only apologize for you reading it that way.

Have a nice day.
I do apologize for snapping at you; I do no like being told things i'm already aware of again and again.

That being said, I chose to hold off on upgrading because the NSA warned of a flaw that could be used by hackers earlier this year.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... sa-warning

Maybe I'll talk to my dad about upgrading today after he's done working on our backyard.

Again, I apologize for snapping at you in the way I did.

also this is getting wayyyy off topic
made by Dragon!
lolsen
Recruit
Recruit

Post by lolsen »

Just to clarify regarding the NSA, they're not recommending using W7 or W8 as alternatives, they're simply issuing a warning due to the identification of a severe security issue in W10. To reference the previous analogy, its similar to informing neighbor A, that the doors latch slide is broken. However, neighbor B, still doesn't have a door, so...

Don't worry it's fine, it happens, textual communication is incredible prone to cause misunderstandings, since facial expressions, tone of voice etc. cannot be conveyed through it. So no hard feeling :)
PhantomWolf
Potential
Potential

Post by PhantomWolf »

lolsen wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:40 pm Just to clarify regarding the NSA, they're not recommending using W7 or W8 as alternatives, they're simply issuing a warning due to the identification of a severe security issue in W10. To reference the previous analogy, its similar to informing neighbor A, that the doors latch slide is broken. However, neighbor B, still doesn't have a door, so...

Don't worry it's fine, it happens, textual communication is incredible prone to cause misunderstandings, since facial expressions, tone of voice etc. cannot be conveyed through it. So no hard feeling :)
And that id of that severe security issue is why I haven't upgraded yet. Yes, I know that continued use of Windows 7 is a bad idea, but I want to be sure that when I do upgrade to windows 10, i don't get hacked or get infected with malware. And i'm going on the usual sites i go on with W7 btw
made by Dragon!
lolsen
Recruit
Recruit

Post by lolsen »

I am sorry - it is really not to keep digging in the topic - but I am truly puzzled by your reply, and I am not sure if what I wrote before regarding the security issues made sense, it seems like it might have been misunderstood, which possibly could be due to my formulation (I am after all, not a native English speaker).

But "I want to be sure that when I do upgrade to windows 10, i don't get hacked or get infected with malware", basically translates to
not having a door in your house, and at the same time declining the carpenters offer to install a door for free, due to it having a temporarily faulty latch lock.

Anyways, that'll be my last message regarding the security of W7 vs. W10. And again, it is not to walk all over it, I was just really puzzled by your reply, and I think it could be down to my previous formulation. So, with that said, happy watching :D
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

My friend has (as an experiment) tried to upscale a random one of the HD videos to 4k, using a software they have at his workplace. Apparently, it took him 15 hours to do one episode. I tried convincing him to do the rest of the anime, but he was reluctant cause it takes so long.

I'll share the episode in 4k once I get back from work. I'm currently uploading it to my google drive, but it takes a little while 'cause it's now a 5gb episode xD

Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I tried to getting it through the drive with my account, but it said it failed due to 'Network Error'
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Gonna take a while with the 4k video. There's no sound, so we need to do some fixing on that

Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Gingaddict wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:56 pm I tried to getting it through the drive with my account, but it said it failed due to 'Network Error'
I couldn't download the as a zip either... had to download them one by one and even then some had to be downloaded twice.
Image Image
werewolf
Potential
Potential

Post by werewolf »

I run windows 7 and was able to play the files just fine (and I'm not updating either). Super excited to see GNG in 4k tho. That's hilarious about the conversion time.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Leomonade wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:09 pm
Gingaddict wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:56 pm I tried to getting it through the drive with my account, but it said it failed due to 'Network Error'
I couldn't download the as a zip either... had to download them one by one and even then some had to be downloaded twice.
Thank you for the advice! I GOT THEM ALL DOWNLOADED!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Nawulf
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nawulf »

Awesome find! Thank you for bringing this knowledge to us! :sasukehearts:
AlaskanGingaFan

Post by AlaskanGingaFan »

:THOT: I downloaded those raws, funny thing is, all the typical subtitle files don't work with those episodes. The lower-quality commonly-seen raws work fine with the srt. files I downloaded, but with the colorful episodes, the timing is way off? It's odd :THOT:
Might be because these episodes run at a different speed

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”