Riki's revenge

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Riki's revenge

Post by Gingaddict »

When I first saw Riki's story in GNG, I almost began to think it was a tale about the cautions of revenge.

Think about it, Riki only remembers the rage he feels towards bears and starts killing them that he never goes back to his owner. Come to the end, Riki does remember that he has something else in his life (his son) but is killed by the very thing he set out to destroy.

So what do you think? Could part of Riki's story be warning about taking revenge?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Riki's revenge

Post by Phalene »

I don't find it that way, since killing the bears would keep his close ones safe. I think it's about sacrificing yourself for the other 😱
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Riki's revenge

Post by Dragon »

I like both of your messages for it! I think Nuulo's might be what the story was going for, but you could still also say revenge did inevitably take him out as well.
Another message that Ginga said very early in its story I believe is to never approach a bear unless you know for sure it's dead. Gohei and Riki, both hunting vets, forgot this rule and celebrated too early, causing Riki's death and Gohei to get injured as well again I think. Not a deep message, but definitely a cool callback.

ImageImage

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”