If the wolf arc were in anime...

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Findog
Potential
Potential

If the wolf arc were in anime...

Post by Findog »

I couldn’t find a topic on this, so I decided to do it. So what if the wolf arc had been made into anime?
What changes would it have made, seiyuus of wolves, etc. I think the opening theme would have been "Hoero Gin" and the final theme "Yoake no Yumeoibito". "Fire" could be an insert song.
Last edited by Findog on Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ginga forever! <3
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: If the wolf arc were in anime...

Post by Dragon »

oh man, itd probably be so heavily censored. Burning pups in lava, beheadings, the bloody fights everyone has 1v1ing the wolves. I know in one of the countries, they cut out a lot of gore, but the wolf arc feels like that's the majority of the plot, since so many wolves die.
I wish it was animated though. Seeing each technique animated would really answer a lot of questions of the physics of these moves. Retsuga's and Hyouma's always confused me, and I want to know if Kurotora's body would turn snake-like using his lol
Also.. Ben's skeleton showing when Mukonga fights him would be really cool to see!

ImageImage
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Dragon wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:40 am oh man, itd probably be so heavily censored. Burning pups in lava, beheadings, the bloody fights everyone has 1v1ing the wolves. I know in one of the countries, they cut out a lot of gore, but the wolf arc feels like that's the majority of the plot, since so many wolves die.
I wish it was animated though. Seeing each technique animated would really answer a lot of questions of the physics of these moves. Retsuga's and Hyouma's always confused me, and I want to know if Kurotora's body would turn snake-like using his lol
Also.. Ben's skeleton showing when Mukonga fights him would be really cool to see!
I've similar thoughts as you.Also we could get to see how exactly was the friendship between Riki and Fuuga.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Phantom Riki wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:03 am we could get to see how exactly was the friendship between Riki and Fuuga.
AAAAA I'd love that flashback!!! Q_Q That'd be an awesome scene I bet if put into animation... oorrr just a picture lol

ImageImage
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I would have liked to the anime to make the story a bit more straight forward because there were some parts I didn't understand too well.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Anime version if the wolf arc I'd love to have seen added fights with the remaining evil wolves at the end before the fight with Gaia :EMPTY: I wanted to see more of Pink Dragon and Red Bull.
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
lizaleminou

Post by lizaleminou »

Idk how it would end up being, I don't know anything about censors back in that day, so I'm not sure how it would pan out, it might've ended up being quite a bit from the original, maybe? who knows, but it would have been cool to see a second arc in that same style
Lover of Animation, especially involving anthropomorphic characters!
:tfw_bella2:
trolltea

Post by trolltea »

I would have liked it. If they didn't censor it too much....

Here in Sweden they censored out really big chunks of the GNG anime to fit a younger audience and then even more to get the story to make sence, not to mention that they dubbed it to swedish. I admit that a lot was gore (blod spraying, heads being decapitated) but some was really big and important to the story. It wasn't until I bought the uncut DVD-box as an adult that I got answers to a lot of questions I had.

One of the biggest is in the end battle with Akakabuto. They cut the scenes between when Gohei shot Akakabuto, hugs Riki and Gin (where Riki is fine), Daisuke says goodbye to Gin.... and.... the scene when Riki lies down covered i blood telling everyone to not mourne the dead but celebrate the living.
:Koyukisweat: :bon3: I always wondered what happened in that time to make Riki all bloody and dying.
MeteorGin

Post by MeteorGin »

The battle with Akakabuto is such a good ending though, I think it would feel weird to continue the story from there. Even more weird than it did in the manga, haha.

It would've been fun to see as an OVA or something. It would even be fun to see a remake someday, though that's pretty unlikely too.
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

MeteorGin wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:46 pm The battle with Akakabuto is such a good ending though, I think it would feel weird to continue the story from there. Even more weird than it did in the manga, haha.

It would've been fun to see as an OVA or something. It would even be fun to see a remake someday, though that's pretty unlikely too.
The idea of an ova would be actually really neat.
It could prob be passed off as a lil spin off or just a side story and not like a straight up continuation from the first arc.
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
MeteorGin

Post by MeteorGin »

OVAs were really big in the 80’s and 90’s too! I’d have loved to see it happen tbh.
AlaskanGingaFan

Post by AlaskanGingaFan »

Let me just say... it would... 'fun' to see Hakuro's leg get cut off *eruption of blood* though would probably be expected by that point in the series, as you see it just get gruesomer by the episode XD But I feel like the main reason that they cut it short was that the Akakabuto arc had a great finale ending and it would be a bit strange to have 'two' endings.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I'd love to see Wolf Arc in anime, cool characters and how Riki was taught Battouga~
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

SHEESH :tfw_sirius1: Imagine watching Shuuga's entire scene animated. Seeing his bone knife arm stab Akame, his collection of dogs, Akame using the corpses against him, and then him stabbing himself in the end... yikes
canisfamiliariz

Post by canisfamiliariz »

Seeing all the other battougas animated would be pretty cool actually ngl
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

When I got done watching the uncut original in my teens for the first time, I was first under the impression that the wolf arc had been made as well, but I'd have to look it up independently. Poor me.

:tfw_orion1:

Regardless, it would have been incredible to see, even if heavily cut down. In fact, I can see the wolf arc being cut completely out and the western release being as it was regardless of its existence (especially if it had more gore and violence).
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Findog
Potential
Potential

Post by Findog »

trolltea wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:04 am One of the biggest is in the end battle with Akakabuto. They cut the scenes between when Gohei shot Akakabuto, hugs Riki and Gin (where Riki is fine), Daisuke says goodbye to Gin.... and.... the scene when Riki lies down covered i blood telling everyone to not mourne the dead but celebrate the living.
:Koyukisweat: :bon3: I always wondered what happened in that time to make Riki all bloody and dying.
Haha, yeah! XD I always thought Riki’s wounds opened and it made sense because he had a lot of deep wounds in the body, so I thought the cold, of course, made them worse :tfw_rigel1:
Ginga forever! <3
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

I'd make it as silly and overblown as possible-its already really crazy, so why not bank on it? Keeping the 80's shouen vibe, expanding on location (they are basically in Aokigahara), and side characters (Pink Dragon should not be used as Queer bait, might as well give them an identity, but this has to be done very carefully) just be over the top as hell and proud of it lol
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I stated something similar before, but here's my best bet. If the wolf arc were to be in anime, a GNG anime reboot might need to be in development for that to happen. Just like making the reboot work exactly like the manga. Unfortunately, it will be hard for GNG, and even GDW, to have anime reboots, unless the series gets a higher quality in popularization.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

I dream of the Wolf Arc being animated and seeing my beloved Pink Dragon on the big screen. I would like his VA to be whoever played Moro in the Japanese version of Princess Mononoke.

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”