Your Favorite GNG Episode

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
AlaskanGingaFan

Your Favorite GNG Episode

Post by AlaskanGingaFan »

What is the best episode of GNG in your opinion? Mine is episode 13, which I will watch separately from the rest of the show because SO much happens in it, it's very dramatic and exciting also. Kurosaki and his pack ambush Akame, Jinnai, Kirikaze, and Gin while they are collecting medicine, Gin saves Akame, Ben loses his sight, John joins Gin and the others in their fight against the Koga, Wilson gets introduced, and Kurojaki and his followers kill themselves in order to save Akame's ninja documents. A lot goes on. Best episode, I think!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Your Favorite GNG Episode

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

EP 1, but that is purely because of nostalgia. Nostalgia is just such a powerful feeling, and knowing that the first time I ever stepped into the Gingaverse was by watching this episode, it just has more power than any other part of Ginga for me.
Have a nice day!
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Episode 8 for me. Gin meeting his dad after that incident was a nice thing. Gin being hopeful that his father will recognize him really made my eyes teary.
Riki being not able to spend time with his son after recognizing him always makes me sad😞
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I’d say episode 8 as well because that’s when GNG really starts popping off for me, meeting the OG Ohu Army and seeing Riki again :weary:
Fino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fino »

This is a difficult one, the first episode absolutely has a strong nostalgic effect. It's what got me into Ginga from watching online 3 part episode segments on YoutTube as a kid. But if I had to pick my favorite is probably episode three, where Gin get's his iconic scars. It really shows his bond with Daisuke and it makes me think of my strong bond with my own dog. It's been awhile since I've watched GNG from start to finish so I may be getting the episode wrong but I'm pretty sure it was the third episode?
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Cool, Im not alone in loving episode 7/8! Honestly, 7-9 is just 💗💗💗 to me. The start of the talking, the start of the journey, seeing John's smugness and then meeting the kais. Love it all *-*

I also like the episode when Gin challenges Benizakura. I dont care a lot about him, but their interaction was really fun for some reason! Had a nice vibe.

ImageImage
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I like the episode (Was it Episode 10, if I remember correctly?) where Gin and Smith save each other during their encounter with Sniper. It marks the beginning of the great friendship between the two. And it’s really sweet.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

I find it difficult to decide on a single favorite episode... because I find so many parts of GNG to be awesome! :bon2: Well, except the first episodes, I guess I don't care much about the human characters :KRUMP:

I think episode 13 is great for the reasons you mentioned: all these events going on! Ninja dog action! :akame: :kurojaki: I also agree regarding the episode on which Gin joins the pack and the few episodes after it. Also the whole part of Sniper and Hyena tricking Moss into attacking the Ohu dogs, it shows the most how evil and manipulative Sniper is and it's the one episode where Sniper became my favorite villain and overall one of my top favorite characters! :sniper:. And between these episodes I like the character development that goes on with John, how he initially looks down upon the pack and leaves it, then he comes back with a changed perspective about them and a humbler mindset! This is very similar to how my personality developed on real life, which is why I chose John as my GingaBoard identity! :john:

Also, while not an episode, one of my favorite things of GNG is the Opening. The song is too awesome!! :bon2: I remember that when I was watching GNG, I would loop the intro a few times before actually watching the episode, I just love it that much. It sorta gives me memories of when I first watched GNG on 2015: when I didn't like it as much as I do now but I did love the Opening scene and the music for it :EXCITE:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
DweZie Hype

Post by DweZie Hype »

I don't remember the exact episodes because I have watched some other animes for about a year now.

But I love the first time Gin meets john. and when he meets with Akame in episode 12 I think?

But he one that gives me the best vibes is when Daisuke and Gin is training for their first real bear hunt.
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

A difficult question, but i think it could be:

Ep. 3 because of the amazing part where Gin rescues Daisuke from the chasm and their friendship is stronger than ever. When someone brings up Ginga it's the first thing along with Ou army adventures that pops into my mind

also probably 12-13 because it's where Igas and Kogas appear for the first time and who became Akame my favorite character, and also with those being among the darker episodes. Of course Gin becoming the new leader of the pack is a bonus.

Of course the other episodes are great too but these are my top ones i think.
LarsT89

Post by LarsT89 »

The episode when the battle between Moss army and bens army begins.
And the encounter with the four heavenly kings.
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Episode 10, because it has a unique animation style and sticks out in my mind. Really, all of the beginning half of the journey with the Kai-brothers, Moss, Iga and Koga, it's really hard to decide but the animation is what tips the balance for me.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Episode 17. Long journey coming to end when the dogs start going back to Ou. And they meet Hakuro along the way. I think it has more wholesome moments than other episodes like when Gin thinks about his father before Hakuro arrives. It's also calm before the storm kind of episode
canisfamiliariz

Post by canisfamiliariz »

I honestly really love episodes 11-13. The Iga and Kouga dogs were really interesting to me and i loved the fact that we got a scythe-wielding dog (dogs wielding weapons is always a thumbs up for me)
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

I like Episode 9 since we get to meet the kais and start this massive journey for the first time
GangstaGuru
Mentor
Mentor

Post by GangstaGuru »

I'd say Episode 9 as well.

I liked the cutaway flashback for the Kais and their three-on-three battle. I appreciated how they each got as much screen time and character development as each other, considering after that episode the spotlight hierarchy was basically Akatora and Kurotora > Chutora. Also one of the better animated episodes.

I do prefer episode 13 in terms of it's story and outcome with the battle of the Igas v Kogas. I really enjoyed the Akame v Kurojake battle in particular, as well as the burning of the Iga house.
But in my opinion, I did not like the animation style and that's what gave episode 9 the edge over that for me.
FurAffinity
DeviantArt
Twitter

If you want to change the world, start off my making your bed

:akame: :EXCITE:
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Episodes 9 and 10 have always been my favorites!! I love the Kai brothers and Moss' introduction is very good, too!!

...okay, also, because Lloyd shows up in Episode 10, too, but... y'know!! :3
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

Episode 13 is my favourite
you know I love those ninja dogs lmao
A red pandolar bear pandolar bearing along

Pfp and sig by Akame <3
Tabunne

Post by Tabunne »

Episode 9 is my favorite. The Kai brothers are my Boys, and whenever I feel down, I find that episode and watch it. I love the fighting animation, and Cross gets some good shots in too. I also love the song that plays when they're running.
thunderinghowls

Post by thunderinghowls »

Episode 9, I think. I really like the Kai Brothers! But I really love the Episode where Gin receives his iconic scars as well, though I can't remember which one it is exactly I think it's episode 4?

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”