Pound for Pound the strongest characters in GNG

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Pound for Pound the strongest characters in GNG

Post by Phantom Riki »

Which are some of the characters in ginga nagareboshi gin franchise that possess the great pound for pound strength? I have some characters in mind :-
Ben- lifted and slammed a much heavier Moss with ease into a boulder. Himself lifted a boulder on to his head.
Gin- lifted a much heavier Benizakura. Spun around Sniper with ease.
Can you mention some other characters?
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Trout
Legend
Legend

Re: Pound for Pound the strongest characters in GNG

Post by Trout »

I don't remember where this is mentioned. It may be in the anime itself. I think Benizakura is in canon the strongest character in GNG.
(Probably) GingaBoard's biggest Weed fan.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Well, if I'm understanding this right, we have:
-Orion, who lifted the grand giant Shuou, ran some yards while holding him, and then tossed him off the cliff with ease! (the same guy who couldn't even walk that far with a boar on his back...)

-Benizakura took the rope that was wrapped around Mosa and ran with him, jumping into the lake while dragging the bear, and then tied him to a branch.

-Ben should also be mentioned being the one to knock Akakabuto off his fortress

-Weed tossed Ken over easily around the very beginning of GDW (manga only). He also headbutted and turned Kaibutsu (though it was in midair, still gotta be pretty strong to do that right?)

-Hougen lifted Moss and Toubee and tossed them easily.

-Gennai, if I'm remembering right, toppled over Monsoon.

-Masamune dragged Gennai around, jumped to a tree branch, and hung him for a good amount of time (until Gennai passed out) with his scarf.

-Hiro was called Ohu's strongest dog in TLW, broke a giant tree stump with his head and ripped off a bear's scalp.

I know who can't be on this list.... Poor Blanca, who lifted Gennai's heavy body and then crushed his own self to death for trying :sob:

ImageImage
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Pretty sure Benizakura is the strongest, especially for his own size. He's not the biggest character in GNG, I mean Moss is bigger than him, but he still manages to be the strongest, capable of fighting with a bear or a bull as a relative equal in terms of strength. I'm pretty sure he could have fought with Kaibutsu too, considering the size of the aforementioned opponents.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Aha, I googled what Pound for Pound means!
So for everyone else, Pound for Pound means ranking fighters' strength relative to their weight. So .. say someone like Sasuke was able to lift the giant Hybrid Bear easily. He'd be considered possibly the strongest dog in the gingaverse, cause even if Benizakura was able to lift something heavier than the Hybrid Bear, he's bigger than Sasuke so it'd be less surprising. It's technically subjective, so everyone's judgement can be different from each other.

In my opinion, the ranking would probably be this:

1. Orion
2. Ben
3. Benizakura
4. Gin
5. Masamune
6. Hougen
7. Hiro
8. Gennai
9. Moss
10. Weed/Sirius

Benizakura might be muscular, but he's not giant like Moss. Yet, he still took on a giant bull and an even bigger bear. Gennai and Hiro are huge and their heaviest opponents have been bears, but Hiro didn't exactly pull them or anything, while Gennai made Monsoon topple over (out of attacking him, not fully by strength). Moss has taken on things just a bit over his weight, like boulders and logs, but nothing too surprising for his weight. Weed and Sirius feels pretty equal, because they haven't done lots of super strength stuff. They had handicaps (like using momentum of someone else's attack against them or being in free fall and moving someone heavy) so they're not as impressive as kid Gin.

ImageImage
skinklegs
Friend
Friend

Post by skinklegs »

Don't forget Oliver! He beat up those two dogs for Cross. For a little dachshund that must count for something.
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

I think Kurotora deserves a spot on this list!
:kurotora:
- He ripped bark straight off a tree with his jaws in GNG
- Learned one of the battougas in the wolf arc
- absolutely destroyed the dogs beating up Mel in GDW with his nephews despite his age
- Got ripped apart by a bear and is still going strong
- on a mental note, he lost both of his older brothers, mate as far as we know, all his nephews, and multiple friends in battle and from age. He only really has his sons, and the older guys to relate with now
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

I going to go off of just GNG characters since I'm not sure if this is meant to be all ginga(?). This is also going for pure strength, not tenacity (Riki, Gin, Akatora have more gameness than brute strength, they do not tire and that is how they win)

Benizakura: A tie between gameness and brute strength(they often go hand and hand).
-Yokozuna rank to begin with
-Able to break out of his kennel and swim across to find Tsuna Arashi, and kill the two fighting youngsters.
-Flip a bull using force and not just taking advantage of gravity/balance (Gin/Riki flipping bears)
-Whilst bleeding heavily, was able to both drag AND hold Mosa. I think the bear could have broke free of the rope if Beni was not also laying his full weight on it
-Punched Gin back up to the surface on top of drowning Mosa.

Ben: More game than pure strength, but a 30/70 mix.
-Boulder lifting scene.
-When he fought Sniper, Sniper was in prime condition. Being a Doberman, his jaw strength was much more than Ben's, to begin with and he was far more agile. Ben had few issues defeating him and physically dragging him off the cliff. And never loosening his hold.
-Fight with Mukonga is Ben's shining moment! He took multiple hard hits from the wolf that radiated down to the bone. And then was able to use/predict Mukonga and defeat him on top of that. And after this, Ben continued on the quest. No rest, at least on screen.

Moss: Decently strong. Can push boulders, but this is much easier than Ben lifting them straight up.
-Most of his strength is more so in GDW, protecting the youngsters from the invading Russians and taking a lot of hits.
I really think Moss is overrated strength-wise.

I also think the jumping power of Kurotora (no ninja training like Akame/Kurojaki's families) deserves a shout out, since his hindquarters were powerful enough to propel him against Hykkaiga despite the rest of his body becoming paralyzed.
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Dragon wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:04 am Aha, I googled what Pound for Pound means!
So for everyone else, Pound for Pound means ranking fighters' strength relative to their weight. So .. say someone like Sasuke was able to lift the giant Hybrid Bear easily. He'd be considered possibly the strongest dog in the gingaverse, cause even if Benizakura was able to lift something heavier than the Hybrid Bear, he's bigger than Sasuke so it'd be less surprising. It's technically subjective, so everyone's judgement can be different from each other.

In my opinion, the ranking would probably be this:

1. Orion
2. Ben
3. Benizakura
4. Gin
5. Masamune
6. Hougen
7. Hiro
8. Gennai
9. Moss
10. Weed/Sirius

Benizakura might be muscular, but he's not giant like Moss. Yet, he still took on a giant bull and an even bigger bear. Gennai and Hiro are huge and their heaviest opponents have been bears, but Hiro didn't exactly pull them or anything, while Gennai made Monsoon topple over (out of attacking him, not fully by strength). Moss has taken on things just a bit over his weight, like boulders and logs, but nothing too surprising for his weight. Weed and Sirius feels pretty equal, because they haven't done lots of super strength stuff. They had handicaps (like using momentum of someone else's attack against them or being in free fall and moving someone heavy) so they're not as impressive as kid Gin.
Excellent answer,Dragon!
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

KremlinJill wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:06 pm I going to go off of just GNG characters since I'm not sure if this is meant to be all ginga(?). This is also going for pure strength, not tenacity (Riki, Gin, Akatora have more gameness than brute strength, they do not tire and that is how they win)

Benizakura: A tie between gameness and brute strength(they often go hand and hand).
-Yokozuna rank to begin with
-Able to break out of his kennel and swim across to find Tsuna Arashi, and kill the two fighting youngsters.
-Flip a bull using force and not just taking advantage of gravity/balance (Gin/Riki flipping bears)
-Whilst bleeding heavily, was able to both drag AND hold Mosa. I think the bear could have broke free of the rope if Beni was not also laying his full weight on it
-Punched Gin back up to the surface on top of drowning Mosa.

Ben: More game than pure strength, but a 30/70 mix.
-Boulder lifting scene.
-When he fought Sniper, Sniper was in prime condition. Being a Doberman, his jaw strength was much more than Ben's, to begin with and he was far more agile. Ben had few issues defeating him and physically dragging him off the cliff. And never loosening his hold.
-Fight with Mukonga is Ben's shining moment! He took multiple hard hits from the wolf that radiated down to the bone. And then was able to use/predict Mukonga and defeat him on top of that. And after this, Ben continued on the quest. No rest, at least on screen.

Moss: Decently strong. Can push boulders, but this is much easier than Ben lifting them straight up.
-Most of his strength is more so in GDW, protecting the youngsters from the invading Russians and taking a lot of hits.
I really think Moss is overrated strength-wise.

I also think the jumping power of Kurotora (no ninja training like Akame/Kurojaki's families) deserves a shout out, since his hindquarters were powerful enough to propel him against Hykkaiga despite the rest of his body becoming paralyzed.
Very well explained,KremlinJill.
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

I think some of you guys are confusing pound for pound strength for physical strength. For example Antonio Cesaro(a professional wrestlers) weighs about 232 lbs. But he lifts people much bigger than him with ease like he slammed a 450 lbs Big Show. Something that wrestlers of his weight class simply can't do it. Hence he is considered to be the strongest pound for pound wrestler.

In my opinion guys like Gin,Orion,Riki,etc. deserve much higher regard than they are given.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Hogen, Ben, and benizakura

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”