Which Anime Studio Would be the Best in Creating a New Ginga Anime?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Which Anime Studio Would be the Best in Creating a New Ginga Anime?

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

I thought about this a couple of minutes ago, and I thought it would be MAPPA. Despite all of the drama surrounding the studio (I haven't caught up to how it is currently looking), the kind of anime that they create plus the quality of it seems to be something that would fit Ginga very well. They have also adapted some old manga before like Dororo, so they have some experience adapting the old.

My only big concern is that it's about dogs. I don't know if MAPPA has any experience drawing and animating animals, cause they'll need that here. Besides that, I think it would be a great studio to pick up Ginga. I also thought about Wit Studio and MadHouse, or possibly even Toei again, but I think that MAPPA would be the best.

Just a quick thought I had. What do you think?
Have a nice day!
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Which Anime Studio Would be the Best in Creating a New Ginga Anime?

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Idk much about anime or studios making them, but I'd say Toei is a safe bet considering their history with GNG.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

Arctic Ranger wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:10 am Idk much about anime or studios making them, but I'd say Toei is a safe bet considering their history with GNG.
I agree.
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Probably Studio Bones since they did Wolf's Rain :triumph:
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I'm gonna have to agree with Jazz, there aren't a whole lot of anime studios that specialize in animals. However, I'm going to go with the animators for the first and second seasons of Beastars, Orange. If there's any kind of realistic hope (and maybe a bit of fantasizing) I'd say that Studio Orange would be the best bet, not only because it's proven that CGI works well when in the right hands, but animals in anime combined with a very bloody/dark plotline can be successfully pulled off and accepted by a wide audience, thus making it profitable.

Beastars looked really good for having animal characters, and stayed close to the art style of the manga, and the overall composition looked really good in action. I feel like if there's anyone who can consistently represent Takahashi's art style, it would be them. However, four legged characters are always harder to animate, and it would be a challenge considering that Orange uses a kind of rotoscoping for Itagaki's characters, which are anthropomorphic.

On the other hand, I feel like in recent years Ginga has been seeing a lot of spotlight, with new musical adaptations, merchandise releases, the celebration of the 50th anniversary, and the continuing release of Ginga Densetsu Noah. With GNG being a cultural classic not only in Japan but widely known for being popular in Nordic countries, there is no saying there wouldn't be an audience, at least a sizable one of both adults who grew up with reading and watching GNG, younger adults who read/watched GDW, and kids who read Orion and TLW. It's a very big franchise, not to mention being one of Shonen Jump's popular series, which is not easy to accomplish. In the right hands and with proper planning, I feel like a reboot of GNG would go over well, and might even pave the way towards future interest in the series.

This is all being incredibly optimistic of course, considering that the manga has been less popular since the end of Weed's run and well into Orion, not to mention the big flop of TLW. I'm not sure about the current reception of Noah, but I know the guidebook did abysmally. Still, worth dreaming about.
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
FlickaBee
Legend
Legend

Post by FlickaBee »

I'm going to have to second Studio Bones. They've been around a long time for good reason and have been involved in some major titles like Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, Noragami, Eureka 7, and My Hero Academia. They have a high quality animation art style, have proven they can confidently animate qudrapeds and humans, make solid fight scenes, and excel at pacing and storytelling.

Personally I'd like to see ginga stay 2D as that's what I personally think it'd shine best at but if It had to be 3D I'd go with Studio Orange.
ZackThePuppy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZackThePuppy »

FlickaBee wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:12 am I'm going to have to second Studio Bones. They've been around a long time for good reason and have been involved in some major titles like Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, Noragami, Eureka 7, and My Hero Academia. They have a high quality animation art style, have proven they can confidently animate qudrapeds and humans, make solid fight scenes, and excel at pacing and storytelling.

Personally I'd like to see ginga stay 2D as that's what I personally think it'd shine best at but if It had to be 3D I'd go with Studio Orange.
YES, Bones is my favorite anime studio!!! I would love for them to do a Ginga series, although it'll probably never happen because they only do major animes and Ginga isn't very popular at all.

And yes I agree, Studio Orange would be good at doing it as well.
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Torn between Studio Bones and Studio Trigger (BNA & Promare.)
I'd like the good, classic animation from Bones but a new, stylized version from Trigger
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

No studio could ever do better than DEEN, I don't know what you’re all talking about. :FLY:

Bones is a good one. I don't think the wolves in Wolf's Rain were drawn particularly good most of the time except for key closeups, but the animation itself was fine. I think if they were given an art style easier to replicate than "realistic wolf" they'd be golden.

Of course Madhouse is another MVP but their stuff almost seems too quality for Ginga lol, it needs to have a little bit of that 80s/90s crust on it to truly be itself.
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

I think Orange (Beastars 1 +2 ) would do beautifully in a 2.5/almost 3D style. Perhaps even a stop motion opening or ending?
I personally would like to see Yoshi's style blended with CGI, never seen it attempted while also staying majorly with his style (a lot of Disney or Bluth styles out there that are drastically different from Yoshihiro's).

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”