What do you think was Johns attitude towards females and do you think he may have been in a relationship?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Vicutooru
Potential
Potential

What do you think was Johns attitude towards females and do you think he may have been in a relationship?

Post by Vicutooru »

I was always kind of sad that Gin and Akame all had children but John did not.
So i was wondering what his attitude towards females and mating would be, do you think he just absolutely did not care about females or possible children? Do you think he might have been in contact with females but just never mated?
I could well imagine that as a high ranked and strong soldier he was popular among females.
:EMPTY:
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Re: What do you think was Johns attitude towards females and do you think he may have been in a relationship?

Post by Sonichu »

I've seen a headcanon saying he was neutered and thus acted out a lot and had no heirs :tfw_rigel1:
Personally, I feel John would be unemotional about the whole ordeal and simply do the act with whatever female-in-heat that presented herself to him.
I can also see a lot more puppies being born than just in canon-but the rate of infant mortality claiming a lot of them. That and lack of vet care (one scape can end up being life-threatening).
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: What do you think was Johns attitude towards females and do you think he may have been in a relationship?

Post by Digsu »

It's my (admittedly kinda silly) headcanon that since there were at least two dogs running around Ohu who looked exactly like John (and Hidetoshi claims he shot several other dogs mistaking them for John, so there could be others as well), he used to have a lot of one-night stands and sired a lot of secret bastard children.
Also regarding the theory that he's neutered, at the end of GDW, when Hidetoshi hears about a litter of German shepherd puppies in Ohu, he hopes they're John's so it's actually canon that he's intact. Or at least was back when Hidetoshi owned him.

GingaDensetsuItalia
Friend
Friend

Post by GingaDensetsuItalia »

He traveled a lot, due to his owner and his hunting role, so i think he never went engaged.
But I think John would really appreciate a female, he is 100% true male! Anyway a relationship would be subordined to his job/mission, and he has a strong commanding attitude that would prevail on his partner's will. Also, he would not be a romantic one.
Skirio

Post by Skirio »

Not sure why, I imagine him as a good partner and possibly father. Cold from time to time, but very caring. The one, who would proufly stand with his mate in the distance watching their kids playing/training.

Kinda off-topic, but I also believe He'd be a good uncle for Orion, since he's also pretty harsh, but would be the only dog able to actually talk to him and be listened.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I guess I always pictured John as being on the ace/aro spectrum. I can imagine him being a tall, dark and handsome figure among the ladies, but him just being dismissive, like 'Nah, this isn't for me'.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

I think he’d be non romantic
Tesshin-san
Potential
Potential

Post by Tesshin-san »

I think he could have gotten a mate if she was a tough warrior type maybe

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”