GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
davidefenara

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by davidefenara »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:47 am I'm just gonna drop this realistic Gin from first edition GNG Volume 8 chapter list. :jeromeder:

He even has a little dew claw!
wow so cool!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Has anyone else ever wondered how Gaia lost his eye? :gaia:
I suppose my headcanon has always been that he lost it during training with Juga to become the next Emperor, but then I have a lot of conflicting counterarguments to my own theory... :tfw_aokabuto1:
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

I should have asked this one a long time ago.. is Akakabuto a grizzly bear or typical brown bear?
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:15 pm Has anyone else ever wondered how Gaia lost his eye? :gaia:
I suppose my headcanon has always been that he lost it during training with Juga to become the next Emperor, but then I have a lot of conflicting counterarguments to my own theory... :tfw_aokabuto1:
Yeah I have wondered the same thing!! There are so many characters in Ginga who are one eyed. Some have their reason explained and some have not.
Maybe Yoshi really likes one eyed characters :rigel4:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Phantom Riki wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:02 pm I should have asked this one a long time ago.. is Akakabuto a grizzly bear or typical brown bear?
His species is unknown. Meteor Gin says that he's "possibly an Asian black bear", while in GDR it's speculated that he might be a brown bear.

JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Maybe he's a hybrid :eyes:
mangamies91

Post by mangamies91 »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:47 am I'm just gonna drop this realistic Gin from first edition GNG Volume 8 chapter list. :jeromeder:

He even has a little dew claw!
Cute!
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

JazzyJazz wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:20 pm Maybe he's a hybrid :eyes:
I was wondering about this exact same thing. Glad I found this instead of making a new topic.

I've always wondered about Akakabuto's species. I would find it... Fitting, more formiddable if he indeed was a hybrid species. Sort of the best traits of two species, explaining his natural ferocity and strength (before the whole nervous system thing with Gohei's bullet).
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Is Gin and others in his family related to wolfs? Battouga is attack of the wolves and Gin's family seem to do it pretty easily so I thought it might explain it?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Jinto wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:38 pm Is Gin and others in his family related to wolfs? Battouga is attack of the wolves and Gin's family seem to do it pretty easily so I thought it might explain it?
Not that we know of. In the wolf arc, it's claimed that only descendants of the original Hakkenshi could learn the Battougas, which would mean that Gin, Akame, Kurotora, and Ben all have some wolf blood in them, but given how the arc's canonicity is kind of questionable these days and how even within the arc this is kind of brought to question (Juga claims that he made up the entire legend surrounding the Battougas himself, though whether he's lying or not isn't clear), it's hard to say if that's actually the case. There's also the whole "there can be only one living user of a Battouga at a time" rule, which seems to be directly contradicted by Gin knowing both the Geki Sentsuuhi Battouga used by Ben and the Retsu Genmu Battouga used by Fuuga, so it seems at least some parts of the legend aren't true.

Anyway, the current explanation the canon seems to go with is that the Zetsu Tenrou Battouga is the "secret art" of the bearhounds and that's why only Riki's descendants can fully master it and why they can do it so easily.

Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Digsu wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:50 pm
Jinto wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:38 pm Is Gin and others in his family related to wolfs? Battouga is attack of the wolves and Gin's family seem to do it pretty easily so I thought it might explain it?
Not that we know of. In the wolf arc, it's claimed that only descendants of the original Hakkenshi could learn the Battougas, which would mean that Gin, Akame, Kurotora, and Ben all have some wolf blood in them, but given how the arc's canonicity is kind of questionable these days and how even within the arc this is kind of brought to question (Juga claims that he made up the entire legend surrounding the Battougas himself, though whether he's lying or not isn't clear), it's hard to say if that's actually the case. There's also the whole "there can be only one living user of a Battouga at a time" rule, which seems to be directly contradicted by Gin knowing both the Geki Sentsuuhi Battouga used by Ben and the Retsu Genmu Battouga used by Fuuga, so it seems at least some parts of the legend aren't true.

Anyway, the current explanation the canon seems to go with is that the Zetsu Tenrou Battouga is the "secret art" of the bearhounds and that's why only Riki's descendants can fully master it and why they can do it so easily.

I think it's that Juga just lied
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Did anyone else knew that Iga and Koga ninjas were actually real? I came across this on youtube a while ago and thought it was pretty cool fact.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Jinto wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:51 pm Did anyone else knew that Iga and Koga ninjas were actually real? I came across this on youtube a while ago and thought it was pretty cool fact.
Yes, all ninja clans in Ginga are based on real ninja clans! ^^
Image Image
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

That's pretty cool that there is stuff from Japan's history in Ginga. I did know that Masamune was based on real person but not so much that these ninja clans were real
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

What happened to the other Iga ninja dogs in GNG anime? I remember seeing others when Gin came back carrying Akame. Jinnai and Kirikaze died later on that I know but what about the rest of them.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I've started to wonder how many of the Iga dogs there were, like before joining Ou Army...we know Hayato, his brother, Jinnai, and Kirikaze. Then we have the dead Iga Ben's platoon saw being eating by the Koga dogs, the dead head of one thrown after swimming through the water tunnel. The fourth Iga that watched the mansion burning down (in anime replaced by Gin). Is there anyone else I've forgotten?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:32 am I've started to wonder how many of the Iga dogs there were, like before joining Ou Army...we know Hayato, his brother, Jinnai, and Kirikaze. Then we have the dead Iga Ben's platoon saw being eating by the Koga dogs, the dead head of one thrown after swimming through the water tunnel. The fourth Iga that watched the mansion burning down (in anime replaced by Gin). Is there anyone else I've forgotten?
The Kogas also had several Iga corpses stashed in a cave as "food stockpiles" and the one that throws the head at the Iga dogs mentions how "all the Igas patrolling the mountains" had been killed and eaten by them. There are also a lot of Iga dogs in the scene where they ambush Ben's platoon with the Raikaken.

methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:50 am
Tora wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:32 am I've started to wonder how many of the Iga dogs there were, like before joining Ou Army...we know Hayato, his brother, Jinnai, and Kirikaze. Then we have the dead Iga Ben's platoon saw being eating by the Koga dogs, the dead head of one thrown after swimming through the water tunnel. The fourth Iga that watched the mansion burning down (in anime replaced by Gin). Is there anyone else I've forgotten?
The Kogas also had several Iga corpses stashed in a cave as "food stockpiles" and the one that throws the head at the Iga dogs mentions how "all the Igas patrolling the mountains" had been killed and eaten by them. There are also a lot of Iga dogs in the scene where they ambush Ben's platoon with the Raikaken.
In Finnish volume 5, page 176, it's mentioned that Iga has less than 20 dogs.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

methpring wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:38 am
Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:50 am
In Finnish volume 5, page 176, it's mentioned that Iga has less than 20 dogs.
Looked up the Japanese and MangaPlanet translation.
MP: "The Igas only have a dozen or so dogs""
Jap: "たかが伊賀忍犬十数頭"

With 十数 as translated "ten-odd; a dozen or so".
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Do any of you have a clean version of this?

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”