GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Tora
Legend
Legend

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by Tora »

Thanks. ^^
Now to update the Wiki.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
gingafan1

Post by gingafan1 »

why didnt they adapt the wolf arc for the anime?
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

gingafan1 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 pm why didnt they adapt the wolf arc for the anime?
Im assuming it has to do with it being kind of tacked on/unnecessary. I know Yoshi doesnt like the wolf arc. I think the anime flows better/feels more satisfying without it.
gingafan1

Post by gingafan1 »

wolves could have been cool to see in the 80s tho
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Either it wasn't popular enough, or they had to fit into set episodes. However, it's weird how there is just 24, not full 26 episodes for GNG. Wolfarc could easily have fitted in the last two ones. Maybe it was planned, but never produced? Or just 2 extra episodes was too short to start and end a whole new story arc?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:45 pm Either it wasn't popular enough, or they had to fit into set episodes. However, it's weird how there is just 24, not full 26 episodes for GNG.
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin anime is only 21 episodes.

Still a weird number for an anime series, and it is likely the remaining five episodes could've been the wolf arc, but it never happened unfortunately.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

YamaDora wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:28 pm
Kaiken wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:45 pm Either it wasn't popular enough, or they had to fit into set episodes. However, it's weird how there is just 24, not full 26 episodes for GNG.
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin anime is only 21 episodes.

Still a weird number for an anime series, and it is likely the remaining five episodes could've been the wolf arc, but it never happened unfortunately.
Oops, my bad! Well, 5 is definitely more easier to fit into than 2! Even less of a reason to abandon wolfarc.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

We already have some evidence, namely a studio sheet for Kisaragi's pups, that the GNG anime was planned to have more content than it ended up having, so it's not impossible that the wolf arc was planned to be included.

Now, I'm just going to go into full :THOT: mode for a bit and think if it could be possible to actually prove one way or another whether or not this was the case (sorry, I recently kind of binged on lost media-related videos on Youtube and this is making my imagination run a bit wild):

1. Studio sheets or other production materials related to the arc, similar to the case of Kisaragi's kids. Finding reference sheets for any of the wolves would be undeniable proof that they were planned to be featured in the anime, but the chances of that actually happening, especially literal decades after the show aired, are slim to none. On top of that, I'm pretty sure one of the lost media videos I watched mentioned that Toei is notorious for not really archiving old production materials, so unless those hypothetical wolf arc studio sheets were smuggled outside their studios back when the anime was still running/recent, there's a decent chance they don't even exist anymore. Assuming they ever existed in the first place, of course.

2. A contemporary source mentioning the wolf arc's inclusion in the anime, eg. a magazine article or something like that. Maybe there's some obscure Japanese magazine from back in the day that has an article about the then-upcoming anime that includes a throwaway line like "all 18 volumes of the manga will be adapted!" or, conversely, "according to the producers, the entire manga was originally intended to be adapted, but because of [reason X] the wolf arc will not be included", who knows. The chances of actually finding evidence of the sort probably aren't that good, though, and hunting down every possible magazine that's known to have mentioned the GNG anime before its release would probably be a difficult - not to mention costly - endeavor.

3. Reaching out to people who were involved in the making of the anime. Basically, someone would have to go through the credits of the anime and try to find contact info for people who worked on it, then ask them directly if the wolf arc was ever meant to be included. Again, trying to find a person who both has public contact information available and actually knows what the initial plans for the anime were is probably a tall order, and that's without mentioning the language barrier. Of course, it's also possible that someday some fan is going to ask Yoshi himself about this, but given how he's admitted that he didn't really have much involvement in the creation of the anime it's entirely possible he doesn't know (or remember) if they were planning to adapt the whole manga or not.

Conclusion: if any proof exists that the wolf arc was meant to be in the anime (or, alternatively, proof that it most definitely was not ever intended to be included), the chances of finding it aren't very good. But it's not totally impossible, either.

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Does anybody know when the different episodes of GNG aired? I've always wondered.
Have a nice day!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:20 am Does anybody know when the different episodes of GNG aired? I've always wondered.
Wikipedia has a list of episodes and their original air dates.

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Digsu wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:25 am
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:20 am Does anybody know when the different episodes of GNG aired? I've always wondered.
Wikipedia has a list of episodes and their original air dates.
Thank you:)
Have a nice day!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

I'm just gonna drop this realistic Gin from first edition GNG Volume 8 chapter list. :jeromeder:

He even has a little dew claw!
Favorites:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:47 am I'm just gonna drop this realistic Gin from first edition GNG Volume 8 chapter list. :jeromeder:

I think he is so adorable there! :bon1:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Raki wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:02 am
Kaiken wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:47 am I'm just gonna drop this realistic Gin from first edition GNG Volume 8 chapter list. :jeromeder:

I wonder what's the story behind him being suddenly realistic, but it's very cool to see an official material of how Gin would look irl.
Favorites:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:45 am
Raki wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:02 am

I wonder what's the story behind him being suddenly realistic, but it's very cool to see an official material of how Gin would look irl.
He maybe wanted to give it a try. He did it to John too. And Lassie 😄

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Awh man he's so cute here :tfw_orion1:
I wanna pet him....
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

and now they are oversized chihuahuas... :bella4:
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Gin looks like such a good boy!
Favorites:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

So.... I was thinking about something. When we saw wild dogs for first time, with John and Hidetoshi. Did they really ate the bear which Hidetoshi shot? :jeromeder: then.. How about all bears after the last fight? That's a lot of bodies. Much meat right?
I thought only Gin could eat because he was raised in that way. But wild dogs like Ben and Cross?

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Raki wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:06 pm So.... I was thinking about something. When we saw wild dogs for first time, with John and Hidetoshi. Did they really ate the bear which Hidetoshi shot? :jeromeder: then.. How about all bears after the last fight? That's a lot of bodies. Much meat right?
I thought only Gin could eat because he was raised in that way. But wild dogs like Ben and Cross?
Other dogs can eat the meat just fine, if they can stomach it. As part of their trap for Moss's platoon, the Mutsu bros gave them a whole bear to eat and while the subordinates ended up throwing it up, Moss could eat it just fine. Uzuki also says that bear meat is the "local specialty" of Aomori, implying the local wild dogs eat it (and GDW outright shows Kisaragi's sons hunting bears for food).

Not to mention that wild dogs probably can't be too picky about what they eat in general.

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”