GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by Raki »

Tora wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:48 pm
Flanoir wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:42 pm
Raki wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:37 pm I probably missed that one but who is Aka?
He is one of Gohei's hunting dogs, killed by Akakabuto. He is often believed to be Riki's son, but I can't remember whether it was confirmed or not.
In Meteor Gin it's said that he's Riki's son but not Fuji's
Is that so? So Riki probably had a "wife" before Fuji? :derpgin:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Riki got around
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Raki wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:50 pm
Flanoir wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:42 pm

He is one of Gohei's hunting dogs, killed by Akakabuto. He is often believed to be Riki's son, but I can't remember whether it was confirmed or not.
Popular with the females. As a famous bear hound. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Tora wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:52 pm

What if Fuji had puppies with another male because Gin is a silver-fur. Because both Fuji and Riki have brown fur, eh?
Wolpard wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:52 pm Riki got around
XD

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

This does make me wonder how Ginga dogs feel about non romantic matings imposed by humans. Are they like "well, at least it's...fun?" or "let's just make it quick to get out of here". :D

Perhaps Sasuke would have got a girl if he stayed with his human
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Raki wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:55 pm
Tora wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:52 pm

What if Fuji had puppies with another male because Gin is a silver-fur. Because both Fuji and Riki have brown fur, eh?
And we know Riki's parents are white, or one white and one light red/golden (depending who you ask lol). We don't know about Fuji's parents and such. So who knows. Gin's litter was her first litter after retiering as a bear hound, if I remember correctly

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Flanoir wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:56 pm This does make me wonder how Ginga dogs feel about non romantic matings imposed by humans. Are they like "well, at least it's...fun?" or "let's just make it quick to get out of here". :D

Maybe they do feel romantic about their mate?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Flanoir wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:56 pm This does make me wonder how Ginga dogs feel about non romantic matings imposed by humans. Are they like "well, at least it's...fun?" or "let's just make it quick to get out of here". :D

These things were explored a bit in GDW manga at the beginning of the Russian arc.

Before Weed made up his mind about his feelings, Koyuki's owner was going to give her to another person for breeding purposes. The dogs seemed to treat this as an arrangement marriage - there's the whole "dogs getting married" thing that's been mentioned in the manga couple times. It's weird but I guess Takahashi would feel too uncomfortable with something that doesn't reflect human traditions with these human-like dogs because otherwise it'd be too unmoral for him or something like that. But that's just me guessing at this point.

Sasuke actually got a girlfriend (Chako) for a short period of time and even moved to live with her and her owners. However, the shiba was dumped very quickly when Chako found out that Sasuke had lied about his position in Ohu army and she lost her interest in him.
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Yes, I remember those parts. But I do wonder about the dogs that did see it through - especially studs - and are more accustomed to human ways than the Ohu dogs.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Doragon wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:37 am Before Weed made up his mind about his feelings, Koyuki's owner was going to give her to another person for breeding purposes. The dogs seemed to treat this as an arrangement marriage - there's the whole "dogs getting married" thing that's been mentioned in the manga couple times. It's weird but I guess Takahashi would feel too uncomfortable with something that doesn't reflect human traditions with these human-like dogs because otherwise it'd be too unmoral for him or something like that. But that's just me guessing at this point.
I agree that Yoshi most likely doesn't want to delve too deep into the whole "humans forcing dogs to have pups" thing, because when you're dealing with animals with human-like intelligence, it... gets really weird really fast. However, judging by the way Koyuki almost getting "wed" to another pet dog is treated, I'm guessing he's currently trying to treat it less as forced baby-making and more arranged marriage, which, while not necessarily good, is still generally more accepted among humans than essentially forcing two people to have babies and then selling them to other people.

Of course that still leaves Riki and his baby-making shenanigans (and possibly Shiro, since we don't know if he and Yamabuki were romantically involvded or if their litter was purely the humans' idea), but that can probably be chalked up to early-installment weirdness. Especially since the decision to make the dogs talk, and thus think like humans, came after the first chapters of GNG.

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:56 am Of course that still leaves Riki and his baby-making shenanigans (and possibly Shiro, since we don't know if he and Yamabuki were romantically involvded or if their litter was purely the humans' idea), but that can probably be chalked up to early-installment weirdness. Especially since the decision to make the dogs talk, and thus think like humans, came after the first chapters of GNG.
I definitely agree that this is probably due to the fact the dogs weren't originally going to talk or have human-like intelligence. They were just normal dogs, so studding wasn't weird.
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

I think it may still be a thing, it's just not touched upon, some potential hints aside.
Shiro and Yamabuki don't seem to be in a relationship in GDR and knowing Gohei he wouldn't have qualms about selecting matings to get good hunting dogs. Don't know if I remember correctly, but we also have Koyuki and Chako who are roughly the same age, yet are only supposed to be half-sisters. I also suspect Cross may not have had her first litter from a romantic relationship?
Baby-making in itself also may be a big deal, but not as big as in humans. For instance Hiro and Reika had pups only three months into their relationship, which would be way too quick in a human relationship.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

In wolf arcs, dogs learned wolves's attacks. Like Ben Mukonga's attack, Kurotora Hyakkiga's attack. But why did they never use them in GDW???

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Raki wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:31 pm In wolf arcs, dogs learned wolves's attacks. Like Ben Mukonga's attack, Kurotora Hyakkiga's attack. But why did they never use them in GDW???
Takahashi isn't too fond of the wolf arc, and does not consider it as canon. This is very obvious by him ignoring everything related to the said arc later in the series.
There are technically two mentions/references to wolf arc in GDW: Smith talking about the two big wars Ohu won (Akakabuto and Gaia's army) and Hakuro missing the leg he lost to the wolves in wolf arc. Also Bill and Bemu remaining dead and appearing as spirits probably counts as well.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

YamaDora wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:19 pm
Raki wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:31 pm In wolf arcs, dogs learned wolves's attacks. Like Ben Mukonga's attack, Kurotora Hyakkiga's attack. But why did they never use them in GDW???
Takahashi isn't too fond of the wolf arc, and does not consider it as canon. This is very obvious by him ignoring everything related to the said arc later in the series.
There are technically two mentions/references to wolf arc in GDW: Smith talking about the two big wars Ohu won (Akakabuto and Gaia's army) and Hakuro missing the leg he lost to the wolves in wolf arc. Also Bill and Bemu remaining dead and appearing as spirits probably counts as well.
Tesshin also mentions the Ohu army's "two great wars" once.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the arc non-canon since its events clearly happened (Hakurou's missing paw and Bill and Bemu remaining dead being the most glaring examples), though. It's... more like some sort of limbo between canon and non-canon, being ignored waaay too much to be considered proper canon but referenced just barely enough to keep it from being 100% non-canon either.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Digsu wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 pm
YamaDora wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:19 pm
Tesshin also mentions the Ohu army's "two great wars" once.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the arc non-canon since its events clearly happened (Hakurou's missing paw and Bill and Bemu remaining dead being the most glaring examples), though. It's... more like some sort of limbo between canon and non-canon, being ignored waaay too much to be considered proper canon but referenced just barely enough to keep it from being 100% non-canon either.
Is that so? I see! That could explain why he never used the attacks. That's a bit sad, could be cool if Gin did Retsuga's attack or something on Hougen XD

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I have a question: Daisuke's friend.

Where is his name stated in manga? If ever? In anime I hear Shinji and not Shinsuke (like it says on Gingapedia and GingaWiki, and reason for asking is to get it right).

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Was it ever confirmed that Don, the Gohee's dog at the start of GNG that gets killed, is NOT a relative of Riki?
In the Finnish translation of their introduction, it is kinda unclear if Don is another one of Riki's pups. (he is mentioned right after Aka, Riki's son)
Image Image
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Leomonade wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:55 pm Was it ever confirmed that Don, the Gohee's dog at the start of GNG that gets killed, is NOT a relative of Riki?
In the Finnish translation of their introduction, it is kinda unclear if Don is another one of Riki's pups. (he is mentioned right after Aka, Riki's son)
Nah, his lineage isn't mentioned at all.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Is it really said in the GNG anime that John is from North America?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”