GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
mangamies91

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by mangamies91 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:08 am

Why did the anime differ so much from the manga? So many little things were modified. Low budget?

Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Post by Gingastar » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:23 pm

mangamies91 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:08 am
Why did the anime differ so much from the manga? So many little things were modified. Low budget?
I assume that it has a lot to do with time constraints of anime episodes (episodes which are only around 30 minutes long) + how many episodes there were in GDW. With only 26 episodes both scenes and characters would have to be cut from the manga for the more important scenes/characters and to have the story flow in a way that would get it wrapped up within 26 episodes, while also telling the story smoothly.
Banner by me

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 am

A small question, is it ever said that Mari is a saluki?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:09 am

Tora wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 am
No, her breed isn't mentioned at all.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:10 am

Digsu wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:09 am
Tora wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 am
No, her breed isn't mentioned at all.
Thank you ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Spirit Tree
Defender
Defender

Post by Spirit Tree » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:52 am

I know most of the Hybrid Bear arc hasn’t been translated yet, but one thing that I’m seriously curious about.

In GDW Vol. 57, when the hybrid bear suddenly takes a nap, why are Weed and other dogs sleeping with it?!
:mangariki: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel:
:sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon: :izou:
WARNING
Jyoushiro
Physically/sexually assaults puppies & flings feces at dogs! Keep away! Or better, KICK HIS ASS!

methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:30 am

Spirit Tree wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:52 am
I know most of the Hybrid Bear arc hasn’t been translated yet, but one thing that I’m seriously curious about.

In GDW Vol. 57, when the hybrid bear suddenly takes a nap, why are Weed and other dogs sleeping with it?!
Joe says that because they're all tired, they should take a rest too. Because their goal is just to chase Hybrid to the cliff and into the river, not kill it with their fangs, because it's proven to be impossible. As Kyoshiro is suggesting that Weed should use the Battouga, Weed says that he isn't sure he could kill it with one blow, and Jerome says that Battouga with halved power is more dangerous to Weed than it would be to the enemy. And after that we get to learn more of the bear hound superiority by the narrator: "their most remarkable ability is to control their bodies alertness", and so Weed and Joe are able to fall asleep instantly, while others just lay restless.

My Ginga collections:
DeviantArt - GingaMerch

Team Sirius :sirius:

Spirit Tree
Defender
Defender

Post by Spirit Tree » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:17 pm

methpring wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:30 am
Spirit Tree wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:52 am

Joe says that because they're all tired, they should take a rest too. Because their goal is just to chase Hybrid to the cliff and into the river, not kill it with their fangs, because it's proven to be impossible. As Kyoshiro is suggesting that Weed should use the Battouga, Weed says that he isn't sure he could kill it with one blow, and Jerome says that Battouga with halved power is more dangerous to Weed than it would be to the enemy. And after that we get to learn more of the bear hound superiority by the narrator: "their most remarkable ability is to control their bodies alertness", and so Weed and Joe are able to fall asleep instantly, while others just lay restless.
Thank you for the answer, methpring! Appreciate it! :tfw_bella2:

But still...even to rest themselves...sleeping/resting near a vicious bear for a little bit is really scary and creepy. :tfw_sirius1:
:mangariki: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel:
:sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon: :izou:
WARNING
Jyoushiro
Physically/sexually assaults puppies & flings feces at dogs! Keep away! Or better, KICK HIS ASS!

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”