Sniper in GDW (anime)

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
hopper
Rookie
Rookie

Sniper in GDW (anime)

Post by hopper » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:45 pm

This is something i was thinking about this morning and I just had to get it out.
What if Sniper was in GDW (anime)? :sniper:

In my opinion , i think the anime would be somewhat more interesting.
Hopper here! She/him/they | My interets are ginga and beastars! | i will try to be active on here! |
my socials :EXCITE: https://linktr.ee/snarlixcx |

next furcon🔜silverfangcon 2022 :tfw_bella2:

Bluey_Madison
Friend
Friend

Re: Sniper in GDW (anime)

Post by Bluey_Madison » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:25 pm

I think it would have been cool to see him in GDW! His design is interesting, and it brings back another threat to the main characters that they would have to overcome, and for new watchers, more backstory and lore from Gin's time. This time, instead of an old friend describing Weed's mysterious father, it's his old rival and enemy, working together with a new threat. His death, I think, would need to be revised though because as far as I know, Weed drowns him in a river, and I'm not sure where that would fit in the anime's story (this and budget restraints being why they cut him out).

I'm only as far as the English fan translation allows, as well as the wiki, and I haven't seen the anime in forever, so I might not be the best source. But it is a cool thought! (We'd also get a derpy DEEN Murder-S, which is a plus or a minus depending on who you are)
weird looking cat

Siobhan

Post by Siobhan » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:31 am

i think murder s is a little lame in gdw... but it would be kinda cool just to have him.

Tabunne

Post by Tabunne » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:12 am

Once I got to the Murder S chapter, I was kinda bummed we didn't get to see him in the anime. Especially with the DEEN treatment that era of anime got (GDW suffered along with When They Cry and others for sure), all the derp shots of him would have been GREAT. I did find his story to be very interesting and would have liked to see what kind of woman saved him to just put a metal plate over his brain. I'm sure they would have put in a flashback.

I know it was due to budget and time constraints, but I like to think that Blue filled the quota of "Dogs Killed By Truck" set by the team lol Maybe if we get lucky, we can get a remake of GDW by a better animation studio that includes him I donno if DEEN has improved or is still around that can lead into Orion. I can dream!

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”