GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by Digsu » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:40 pm

Raki wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:23 pm
I started to thinking about Jerome, is he really dead in anime? Because his spirit didn't show up when Weed fought against Hougen. And all other spirits showed up for support but not Jerome.
I don't think it's possible to say for sure. It's heavily implied he's dead, what with his dramatic internal monologue about getting to see his friends again and Weed (possibly) seeing his ghost after the battle, but like you said we don't see his ghost confronting Hougen and the Shikoku siblings mention that they couldn't find his body so it's not really confirmed one way or another.

My guess is that it was left ambiguous on purpose so that the viewer can decide for themselves whether he's dead or not.

Banners and avatar by me

Kaiken
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Kaiken » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:24 pm

Digsu wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:40 pm
Raki wrote:
I started to thinking about Jerome, is he really dead in anime? Because his spirit didn't show up when Weed fought against Hougen. And all other spirits showed up for support but not Jerome.
I don't think it's possible to say for sure. It's heavily implied he's dead, what with his dramatic internal monologue about getting to see his friends again and Weed (possibly) seeing his ghost after the battle, but like you said we don't see his ghost confronting Hougen and the Shikoku siblings mention that they couldn't find his body so it's not really confirmed one way or another.

My guess is that it was left ambiguous on purpose so that the viewer can decide for themselves whether he's dead or not.

I heard he was meant to be left believed dead, so he can return with a wow in sequel series, GDWO, which got cancelled.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YAMATO4EVER

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Kaiken wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:24 pm
Digsu wrote:
Raki wrote:

I heard he was meant to be left believed dead, so he can return with a wow in sequel series, GDWO, which got cancelled.
Unless you've got a source for that, I'm pretty sure that's just a rumor.

Banners and avatar by me

Raki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Raki » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:36 pm

Digsu wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:33 pm
Kaiken wrote:
Digsu wrote:

It's interesting. Why did they cancel the show? Would be nice to see him alive but well. I think that he survived and met Weed for last time before going away on solo trip. Because he still is "banned" from Ohu army. :tfw_aokabuto1:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:05 pm

Raki wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:36 pm
Digsu wrote:
Kaiken wrote:

It's interesting. Why did they cancel the show? Would be nice to see him alive but well. I think that he survived and met Weed for last time before going away on solo trip. Because he still is "banned" from Ohu army. :tfw_aokabuto1:
As far as I'm aware there is no proof that GDWO was ever even planned to be made into an anime. So it wasn't "canceled", it just never happened in the first place.

Banners and avatar by me

Kaiken
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Kaiken » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:14 am

Digsu wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:05 pm
Raki wrote:
Digsu wrote:

As far as I'm aware there is no proof that GDWO was ever even planned to be made into an anime. So it wasn't "canceled", it just never happened in the first place.
There was a source. It was in studio's website or some of their social media site, I don't remember anymore, but it was confirmed that the ''next project'' which was announced at the end of GDW ep26 was indeed meant to be GDW ''sequel series'' (which I assume must be GDWO, but it could have been another arc as well, now that I think about it). After that there was nothing, but that confirmation was definitely there for a bit. That was years ago through, when GDW ending was first released.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YAMATO4EVER

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:59 am

Kaiken wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:14 am
Digsu wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:05 pm
Raki wrote:

There was a source. It was in studio's website or some of their social media site, I don't remember anymore, but it was confirmed that the ''next project'' which was announced at the end of GDW ep26 was indeed meant to be GDW ''sequel series'' (which I assume must be GDWO, but it could have been another arc as well, now that I think about it). After that there was nothing, but that confirmation was definitely there for a bit. That was years ago through, when GDW ending was first released.
It could not have been GDWO. The GDW anime was originally made and broadcast in 2005 and 2006, while GDWO began its run in 2009. Though I agree that them leaving Jerome's fate ambiguous in case they needed to animate other arcs in GDW is definitely a possibility.

Also I realize it's an old piece of news, but I'd really appreciate some tangible source for the whole "a sequel was announced for the anime" thing, especially since I can't for the life of me find one myself (haven't had any luck with Google and neither Wikipedia nor Studio Deen's website from 2006 say anything about it) and now I want to know more about it.

Banners and avatar by me

Dragon
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Dragon » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:06 am

In the Russian arc, during the Russian army's first attack on Hakuro, Maxim says a signal in Russian very abruptly to alert everyone to escape. I don't believe anyone ever questioned him up front about why he did this signal after the scene.

For a long time, I wondered to myself what the reason was... The only two theories I have are:
1. With the overwhelming numbers the Hakuro army had, it was to risk not having any casualties at all and strike later, when positioned better.
or
2. Maxim noticed Lydia was attacked and he didn't want to risk her getting further hurt in the fight. Sometimes the theme of 'brother-sister relationship' gets brought up between these two in this arc, so I wouldn't be shocked if this was it.' Lydia later doesn't get put in the front lines, so probably even more hints to this being the reason.

What do you believe it is? Maybe there's another reason I forgot to think about. I'm curious to know.

YamaDora
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YamaDora » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:04 am

Dragon wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:06 am
In the Russian arc, during the Russian army's first attack on Hakuro, Maxim says a signal in Russian very abruptly to alert everyone to escape. I don't believe anyone ever questioned him up front about why he did this signal after the scene.

For a long time, I wondered to myself what the reason was... The only two theories I have are:
1. With the overwhelming numbers the Hakuro army had, it was to risk not having any casualties at all and strike later, when positioned better.
or
2. Maxim noticed Lydia was attacked and he didn't want to risk her getting further hurt in the fight. Sometimes the theme of 'brother-sister relationship' gets brought up between these two in this arc, so I wouldn't be shocked if this was it.' Lydia later doesn't get put in the front lines, so probably even more hints to this being the reason.

What do you believe it is? Maybe there's another reason I forgot to think about. I'm curious to know.
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that Russian army did that because they wanted to kill everyone in Hakuro's alliance - including females and puppies. By letting Hakuro's army go and return to protect their families was all part of their strategy and way to just find them easier so the Russians could kill them faster.

Dragon
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Dragon » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:36 am

YamaDora wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:04 am
Dragon wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:06 am

or

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that Russian army did that because they wanted to kill everyone in Hakuro's alliance - including females and puppies. By letting Hakuro's army go and return to protect their families was all part of their strategy and way to just find them easier so the Russians could kill them faster.
Ooohhh!! Smart! ....Evil, but smart.
Thanks for the info!

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Is it said somewhere that Ram is a Collie or a Collie mix?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Raki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Raki » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:48 pm

I wonder if it's possible to upload Russian arc on SilverFangReader? I usually read at phones and can't download files.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:04 am

With the Hybrids, where is it stated they're males? Specially the third and biggest hybrid. As that one I find as Hybrid parent, not mother or father.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

YamaDora
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YamaDora » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:28 pm

Tora wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:04 am
With the Hybrids, where is it stated they're males? Specially the third and biggest hybrid. As that one I find as Hybrid parent, not mother or father.
No gender ever mentioned for any of them, at least not in the Finnish version. The third one is only referred as the parent.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:06 pm

YamaDora wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:28 pm
Tora wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:04 am
No gender ever mentioned for any of them, at least not in the Finnish version. The third one is only referred as the parent.
Thank you ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”