(Poll) Manga or anime? GDW

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).

Manga or anime?

The manga
74%
The anime
26%

Total votes: 89

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Re: (Poll) Manga or anime? GDW

Post by Wolpard »

striker32 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:39 pm ok i'm gonna check it out but is it translated to english ? or do i have to translate it ? :bon3:
It isnt finished being translated, but 3/5 arcs are fully translated and the other two are partly translated.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

striker32 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:39 pm ok i'm gonna check it out but is it translated to english ? or do i have to translate it ? :bon3:
BTW, you need a password. Go to this link https://gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=18 and then you will get the password (unless you already know about the password) :)
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:45 pm oh ok thanks :bon1:
No problem :P4:
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:55 pm it's not letting me in . is there another password ?
What do you mean?

Just tell me what password you used so I can confirm if you used the right one in the first place.
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:28 pm oh ok thanks again :tfw_bella2:
You're welcome :P4:
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:16 pm the manga is turning out good so far :bon1:
It is:) There is of course gonna be some weird and small little mistakes in the manga (some that don't affect the story so far up until chapter 171), but that is inevitable when creating a story. It will always be.
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

I'm just gonna give you the answer here as well:)

If we talk about the version of Hyena we see in GNG, then GB would win, but if we talk about who Hyena is in GDN then I think that Hyena would win.
Have a nice day!
Jiro-san
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Jiro-san »

I had watch recently the anime again and I started to read the manga, I totally prefer the manga over the anime (for the style and drawings lol).
The anime still got nice OST tho.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Jiro-san wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:35 am I had watch recently the anime again and I started to read the manga, I totally prefer the manga over the anime (for the style and drawings lol).
When we talk about the style and drawings, then the manga is the best. The anime is just so frickin' clumsy with its animations, and it looks like the anime doesn't stick to the designs of the characters! Look at the first time we see Gin, and then the last time. It's not the same design!
Have a nice day!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:02 pm
Jiro-san wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:35 am I had watch recently the anime again and I started to read the manga, I totally prefer the manga over the anime (for the style and drawings lol).
When we talk about the style and drawings, then the manga is the best. The anime is just so frickin' clumsy with its animations, and it looks like the anime doesn't stick to the designs of the characters! Look at the first time we see Gin, and then the last time. It's not the same design!
Have you noticed the faces of the characters at the start of episode 4? squashed toad like faces....creepy. And then we get those inconsistent face and head sizes along with lazy eyes. And weird running animations too. I always lose it at these points, it's so funny. I wonder who hired those animators? was there a strike or did they have a acid trip when drawing them at times?
Jiro-san
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Jiro-san »

Yeah it's very different. And why he has blue eyes and blue fur seriously, the original Gin was better! I miss him :surprisegin:
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

WolfKing wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:59 pm
was there a strike or did they have a acid trip when drawing them at times?
I honestly don't know. I usually don't care about what stuff looks like when it comes to movies, series, and other stuff, but when it happens so frequently as it does in GDW the anime, then I just can't do anything else then notice it and dislike it. And as you said, the running animation. Damn. It's so funny XD
Have a nice day!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Jiro-san wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:35 amThe anime still got nice OST tho.
More like "the shows/movies where GDW anime stole their music from got good soundtrack"

I am never going to let Studio Deen walk away with their music plagiarism in GDW anime
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

YamaDora wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:41 pm
Jiro-san wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:35 amThe anime still got nice OST tho.
More like "the shows/movies where GDW anime stole their music from got good soundtrack"

I am never going to let Studio Deen walk away with their music plagiarism in GDW anime
Wait, they stole the music?
Have a nice day!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:42 pmWait, they stole the music?
Yes (at least some of it is confirmed for being plagiarized from other shows). There is even an entire topic about it.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

YamaDora wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:46 pm
Yes (at least some of it is confirmed for being plagiarized from other shows). There is even an entire topic about it.
Well if that's the case, then how is it that the anime still has these soundtracks? Wouldn't there be some kind of copyright law preventing them from having these soundtracks and tell them to make their own or something else?
Have a nice day!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:51 pm
Well if that's the case, then how is it that the anime still has these soundtracks? Wouldn't there be some kind of copyright law preventing them from having these soundtracks and tell them to make their own or something else?
If you go read the topic, there are some good guesses how this was allowed at all, but we really have no solid answer for it.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

YamaDora wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:01 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:51 pm
If you go read the topic, there are some good guesses how this was allowed at all, but we really have no solid answer for it.
I'll go read it. Even if it's not a solid answer, it's still an answer.
Have a nice day!
Jiro-san
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Jiro-san »

Wow seriously? The OST was stolen?! I didn't know :o
Coconut-Tea

Post by Coconut-Tea »

Manga, definitely :surprisegin:

Alone the fact that it includes Daisuke, Sniper,... (and Thunder and Lector being Sniper's apprentices makes me like them instantly a lot more somehow). The manga dives deeper into the story of the characters, and everything is more connected.

And the anime's animation is... not... so good

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”