Who's better - GB or Sasuke

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).

Who's the better character

GB
86%
Sasuke
14%

Total votes: 66

Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Who's better - GB or Sasuke

Post by Gingaddict »

I pick GB, generally better written and has a good balance of comedy and seriousness.

Sasuke in my opinion makes too many mistakes (leaving Weed's kids, constantly getting caught, not running too fast, etc) and I think he has attachment issues. Also I HATE his toilet humour!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Who's better - GB or Sasuke

Post by Raki »

Personally I prefer GB, he's a funny dog but he can also be really serious. He's Weed's godfather and he acts like that and really take care of Weed. I like it! I don't think that Sasuke can take care of himself that well and can't take care of other that well as GB. I never liked Sasuke that much, I like GB more in everything so I say GB.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
reenarules
Rookie
Rookie

Post by reenarules »

Gingaddict wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:41 pm I pick GB, generally better written and has a good balance of comedy and seriousness.

Sasuke in my opinion makes too many mistakes (leaving Weed's kids, constantly getting caught, not running too fast, etc) and I think he has attachment issues. Also I HATE his toilet humour!
GB, just hands down for every reason you stated right here.
They at least kinda toned down Sasuke's comedic schtick in the anime version but still, not very much he has over GB.
Hoping that Yoshi explores his character more in GDN, though!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Even though GB and Sasuke are two of my favorite characters, I pick GB as the better character.

GB is a funny and comical dog. But while he is elite in humor development, he can also be serious. He has the role as Weed’s best closest friend and godfather and does what he must do to protect and take care of him. They both have a loving bond.

Sasuke is also funny and comical and elite in humor development. But like Gingaddict said, those toilet humors are really...👎🏾 That’s one negative. However, we’ve seen him run really fast at some points. GDN Chapter 9 is one proof. But overall, he messes up on some things. But I hope he’ll get better development in GDN and have a role.
Last edited by Spirit Tree on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

GB just because he is more fleshed out. Sasuke is great, but he is mostly comic relief. GB has a lot of comic relief aspects to him but he has a lot more substance to him and serves as a nice father figure for Weed.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

GB. I like Sasuke, but he is just too much of a comedy character in a franchise that isn't purely based on humor. Sure, that might mean that we need a character like Sasuke, but I just think that GB is perfectly balanced between his humor and seriousness, whereas Sasuke is just pure humor. Besides, he isn't really that funny either way, but I still adore him because he is so stupid most of the time. Those are the moments I find funny, but the times where he is generally meant to be funny, he just isn't, most of the time.
Have a nice day!
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

GB
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

GB.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

GB, he's better written like others have already said. Sasuke always irritated me to no end.

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

For me it's no question lol
GB-actual character development and impact on the reader.
Sasuke is the person you never really liked but still shows up in your friend group, and no one has the energy to YEET them out.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Hahaha... I'm probably going to be the only to say this but I chose Sasuke.

I just finished re-reading GDW and GB is kinda an ass. People always say Sasuke doesn't do anything but he has done so much compared to any single side character, especially compared to GB (partly because Sasuke is actually still alive and gets to do things). The other characters constantly make fun of Sasuke for being small or reasonably cautious or pretty much anything tbh.
In all honesty, the only actually good moment I remember of GB is him telling Weed off for deciding to stay with Koyuki instead of helping with the war in Hokkaido... His death was sad but at the same time, it was the result of him feeling left out and then him getting stubborn and reckless. Like dude.. you are just proving a point why Weed didn't want to take you along. His story of becoming braver was cool but it was kinda forgotten and was only brought up again when he died.

Sasuke's toilet humor is annoying and gross but so many of the other characters are part of the dumb jokes I can't put all the blame on Sasuke for it.
Last edited by Leomonade on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Leomonade wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:23 pm Hahaha... I'm probably going to be the only to say this but I chose Sasuke.

I just finished re-reading GDW and GB is kinda an ass. People always say Sasuke doesn't do anything but he has done so much compared to any single side character, especially compared to GB (partly because Sasuke is actually still alive and gets to do things). The other characters constantly make fun of Sasuke for being small or reasonably cautious or pretty much anything tbh.
In all honesty, the only actually good moment I remember of GB is him telling Weed off for deciding to stay with Koyuki instead of helping with the war in Hokkaido... His death was sad but at the same time, it was the result of him feeling left out and then him getting stubborn and reckless. Like dude.. you are just proving a point why Weed didn't want to take you along. His story of becoming braver was cool but it was kinda forgotten and was only brought up again when he died.

Sasuke's toilet humor is annoying and gross but so many of the other characters are part of the dumb jokes I can put all the blame on Sasuke for it.
You make a good point! Even in some cases when Sasuke and GB are in trouble, its usually thanks to Sasuke that they get out of the mess. For example, when they had to spy on Sniper's base, Sasuke played along with that random dog's story and GB only jumped in afterwards. Sasuke was the one to help Gin, John and Hiro get snow because of his quick idea of fake acting. GB has loyalty but Sasuke has loyalty and wit.
I still prefer GB over Sasuke in GDW but that's story reasons. Sasuke isnt too bad if you close your mind to his dumb jokes.
I did like Sasukes change in GDWO though. He was a lot more likeable there.

ImageImage
Crystal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Crystal »

Definitely going with GB! I've just never been a huge fan of Sasuke.
Trout
Legend
Legend

Post by Trout »

Poor Sasuke. He has one vote. And I just made it worse by voting for GB
(Probably) GingaBoard's biggest Weed fan.
Cubes

Post by Cubes »

I have always liked Sasuke as a kid obviously cause of his dumb humor but I think GB now adays is better as he has some better characteristics.. though due to childhood I will always have a special fondness of Sasuke too
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

Sasuke all the way. He's silly and jokes around a lot but can be wise and reliable if needed. He's also very caring and tries to stop others from arguing (looking at you Orion and Sirius). For a little shiba he sure has a big heart.
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Sasuke's eyes freak me out.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
John22

Post by John22 »

:gb: GB
:gin: :john: :akame: :andy: :izou: :zion: :kisaragi: :orion: :hakuro: :victor:
juky091

Post by juky091 »

GB
BuddyDog15

Post by BuddyDog15 »

Poor Sasuke, but i pick GB too. I also just love when Weed yells "GB" in the anime.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”