Favorite and Least Favorite GDW Characters

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
loveloveslove

Favorite and Least Favorite GDW Characters

Post by loveloveslove »

Favorite Characters-
Bob :bob:
Kenshin :kenshin:
John :gdwjohn:
kyoushiro :kyoushiro:
zion :zion:

Least Favorites-
Orion :orion:
geroge :george:
joe :joe:

:KRUMP: :KRUMP: :KRUMP:
Also i didn't mean to post this as a reply sorry
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite GDW Characters

Post by Dragon »

loveloveslove wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:10 pm Favorite Characters-

Least Favorites-

Ooooh, George? I'm curious as to why ouo!

ImageImage
Ookanu Sayuri
Potential
Potential

Post by Ookanu Sayuri »

Favorite:
:GDW gin:
:izou:
:ben:
:akame:
:tesshin:
:rocket:
:jerome:
:sasuke:
:kyoushiro:
:smith:
:yukimura:
:kagetora:
:saheiji:
:gdwcross:
:reika:
:gb:
:rocker:
:kisaragi:

Least Favorite:
:weed:
:gdwsniper:
:terusfather:
:lecter:
:thunder:
:victor:
:hougen:
:genba:
:kamakiri:
:banken:
:shougun:
:kaibutsu:
:hybrid:
loveloveslove

Post by loveloveslove »

Dragon wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 4:31 am
loveloveslove wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:10 pm Favorite Characters-

Least Favorites-

Ooooh, George? I'm curious as to why ouo!
George is just so rude when you first meet him dunno
AlphaSpice

Post by AlphaSpice »

I'm not quite finished with GDW (both manga or anime) but here's my list so far!

Favorite:
- Kyoshiro: I have a soft spot for the angry types in general, he seems to be pretty independent so far and I like that he doesn't seem to feel like he needs to be BFFsies with everyone ;w;/
- Hougen: Like, sometimes there's just someone that's just so terrible and you want to see them get punched in the face so bad that it actually works. He's got big shoes to fill as the villain from GNG and I think he does so with flying colors.
- Tesshin: I don't know if he's going to be too different in the manga than the anime but I think I really like his motivation and what became of him after the events of GNG so far! I was looking forward to what happened to little Chibi after the end of GNG and I haven't been disappointed so far ;w;
- George: This guy is just. So cool. I've only seen a little of him so far, but I already love his character and I'm excited to see more of him!

Least favorite:
- Weed (anime only): Although the pacifistic character approach is different and has potential to be interesting in this harsh world, I just...wish it was handled differently, I guess? I just wish he wasn't always right and that his pacifism gets him into more trouble than it does, perhaps more exploration of how it could put him at odds with his own soldiers, sort of like what happened with Jerome. I find that it also makes his motivations confusing; by the end of every episode, I'm unsure if he's fine with killing Hougen or not. Again, I feel it has the potential to be something cool, but so far the manga has been handling it waaaay better for me and I definitely like him more in the manga. Maybe something changes later on in the anime that I just haven't gotten to see yet? I hope so, I'm just not digging him all that much so far ;w;
- Gin: I find the plot of him being taken as Hougen's prisoner interesting, and the trouble it causes Weed as he becomes stuck between saving his father and risking his friends' lives is certainly a conflict I feel the weight of, but I wish we got to see more of the same little hero from GNG before all of this happened. I find difficulty remembering that this was the same brave little Gin that I just got done watching/reading. Hopefully he doesn't get back into the action too late!
- Sniper: As much as I was totally shocked to see him make a return in the manga (those wheels have got to be tiring to drag around in the snow, omg) I sort of wish he didn't. There was something alluring about the mystery of his and Hyena's whereabouts at the end of GNG and I think it would've been fine to leave it like that. I'm hoping he gets a little more interesting later on!

Might do some updates to this list as I progress along in GDW! ;w;
frisbee
Recruit
Recruit

Post by frisbee »

My fav list is gonna be a little weird. I really like baddies and some minor characters. :derpgin:

Favorites
Buruge
Kamakiri
Hougen
Batto
Kite
George
Ken
Kagetora
Smith
Toube
P4
Victor
Rocket
GB
Jerome
Lydia
Robert
Heuler
Hiro
Mel
Moss
The Foxhound spies
Hakuro
Hook
Jerome's helpers (anime)
Kyoshiro
Kintaro- He looks really cool.
Teru's Dad - I don't know why, but I like him.
Lefty- I really really like his design. I also like that he helped John.
Harutora- Honestly, he's the coolest looking Kai.
Lucy- I don't know why I like her. I know about what she's done, but I like her anyway. D:

Least Favorites
Weed- mostly just anime Weed.
Murder S
Joe
The Hybrid bears
Shougun- He's' just a meh villain. I think he does look cool though.
Vegas and Atlas siggy made by Mako
oblood

Post by oblood »

Favorites:
Moss
John
Tessin and Koga dogs
Jerome
Kagetora

Least Favorites:
Weed
Kyoshiro
Sniper
Koyuki - suicide attempt while you are pregnant, seriously?!
Hougen
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Favorites:
Tesshin, Kyoushiro, Kaibutsu, John

Least Favorites:
Koyuki (I wish Yoshi was just better at writing female characters.......)
Hybrid Bears
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Favourites

WEED - He never gives up on his kinds ways no matter what, very noble

JEROME - He always there to help Weed and isn't afraid to get his paws dirty

KYOSHIRO - headstrong and goes through a interesting change as he tries to understand Weed's ways

GB - He can be brave, comedic and is very loyal to Weed through thick and thin

JOHN - Great friendship with Gin and talks back despite getting beaten for it.

TERU - he forgives his father despite the bad things he did to him and grows up to become a strong fighter, just like some people in real life, truly inspiring!

HIRO - good heart with wife and kids but still badass and gets rid of Kamakiri

SAKURA - a brave mother who is willing to give up her kids even if it means giving up her life

MANGA ONLY CHARACTERS

GIN - He manages to escape by himself and cares deeply for his sons, even if he doesn't have much time to know them

YUKIMURA - A complex character, badass yet loyal to family and friends

JOE - Interesting relationship with his family and a true bearhound, not one just mentioned with blood (looking at you, Weed!)

KOYUKI - Loyal to Weed and cares alot about Ohu that she's willing to be on her own without him

mixed

GEORGE - as people pointed out, he feels very similar to Kyoshiro but can't find much reason to dislike or like him.

KAIBUTSU - sympathetic backstory and interesting dynamic with Jerome but he just killed too many creatures

SNIPER - cool to see how hell-bent he is on revenge but I feel there was a bit of wasted potential there

JEROME(AFTER HOUGEN ARC) - I just don't like how he looks for a place to die all the time as he just gets himself into trouble everytime he does it! :EMPTY:

TESSHIN (MANGA ONLY) - Yeah, just believe a random dog over the dogs that raised you into adulthood about your douche-bag dad! If that hadn't happened, he would've been a favourite. In the anime though, he taught all the dogs his tricks and had a cool fight with Kite in a fire! :surprisegin:

hates

ALL THE RUSSIAN DOGS - they wiped out all of Hakuro's army and forced their families to suicide! :bella4:

MAXIM - participated in killing Hakuro and his sons and treats his sister like dirt and doesn't tell her he's leaving her forever! :tfw_aokabuto1:

HOUGEN'S ARMY - Why does this beast have so many dogs on his side? seriously, they would give up their families just to give into him? Don't make me laugh! Also they beat John to death so they get no sympathy from me! :tfw_sirius4:

SHOGUN - He eats pups and baby monkeys and he kills Yukimura! WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST DIE??? :tfw_orion1:

HYBRID BEAR - Kills GB and Joe's family!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Rose Marina

Post by Rose Marina »

Favorites:
Gin
Weed
Lydia
John
Jerome
Joe
Tesshin
Koyuki

Least Favorites:
Yukimura
Kurotora
Kagetora
Kotetsu
Akame
Last edited by Rose Marina on Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

The best:
Weed
Tesshin
GB
Joe

The worst:
That cop that went on a dumb revenge mission against a dumb dog like my dude get therapy
Kamakiri
Hybrid Bear because that arc was awful

Characters that I used to hate but honestly I'm really warming up to them and perhaps... even loving them?
Yukimura aka thank you for having a personality
Hougen aka Matsunaga Hisehide aka thank you also for having a personality and being a really fun villain
A red pandolar bear pandolar bearing along

Pfp and sig by Akame <3
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Favorites since the start (2018):
:weed: Weed: A kind and forgiving protagonist, a bit too much sometimes, but that's what distinguishes him as a character :EXCITE:
:gb: GB: He's funny and lovable ^^
:sasuke: Sasuke: Same ^^. Even better in the anime where the more... questionable "humorous" aspects about him are absent!
:ken: :kagetora: Ken and Kagetora: They're an awesome duo! 😎
:blue: Blue: I wish he managed to survive :tfw_orion1:... Design-wise his dark fur blending with the night background is awesome, my Blue signature is themed around this! :jeromeder:
:hougen: Hougen: So hateable that I love him :p
:nero: Nero: Same :jeromeder:
:kaibutsu: Kaibutsu: RAW DESTRUCTIVE POWER!!! :P4: ...And a heck of a painful backstory :tfw_orion1:
:kyoushiro: Kyoushiro: Before he became Jyoushiro, of course!
:batto: Batto: The Mind's Eye!

Dogs that became my favorites after rewatching GNG and GDW two years later:
:gdwjohn: John: Yeah, my current all-Ginga favorite character and the one whose name I have as my username. At first I cared very little about him, I just thought of him as "another character more"... Then I rewatched GNG and came to realize how his character development is very similar to how my personality and mindset has developed with the time!

:smith: Smith: Just like with John, I started liking him after rewatching GNG and remembering his role here, and how he changed.

:shingo: Shingo: Idk, I just developed a soft spot for this irrelevant minor doggie who had to witness Hougen's cruel past :jeromeder:. that folded ear tho :3

:rick: Other minor characters that barely ever appear: Because it's interesting to think what could it have been like if they had more of a major role! I'm putting Rick as the emoticon for this just to give a example, but this also applies to his friend Hachi/Hatch (who has no GingaBoard emoji :tfw_orion1:), and Kurotora's nephews and other sons, and Jerome's assistants, yay minor doggies!

Dogs that used to be my favorites and stopped being so:
:jerome: Jerome: When I first watched GDW he was my top favorite. Now... he basically switched positions with John in regards to the german shepherd that I don't care much about :jeromeder:. Maybe if I had joined GingaBoard back then my username would have been "GSDJerome" xD

Least favorites:
Wait, what's a least favorite? What's hating characters??? :surprisegin:

Hmm... I guess :terusfather: Teru's father is the one I found the most dislikable, and not in a "so hateable he's likable" way like Hougen :jeromeder:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
mangamies91

Post by mangamies91 »

Favorites:
Weed
Gin
Jerome
Moss
Hiro
Kyoshiro
Least:
Hougen
Jersokoi

Post by Jersokoi »

Favorites:
Kyoushiro
Toube
Jerome
Rocket
Hiro
Reika
Hook
GB

Dislike:
Weed
Sniper
Smith (I LOVE Smith in GNG, but in GDW he doesnt feel like the same character which makes me sad, wish we had a goofy old man Smith)
:gin: :riki: :ben: :gdwcross: :great: :kurotora: :akatora: :chutora: :moss: :chibi: :benizakura: :kurojaki: :fuji: :john: :minazuki: :hazuki: :kisaragi: :uzuki: :hakuro:
:tesshin: :kyoushiro: :jerome: :toube: :rocket: :hiro: :george:
chance

Post by chance »

favorites: toube, kyoshiro, kagetora, tesshin, george, tokimune, joe, yukimura, jerome, gb

least favorites: weed, teru's dad, murder s/sniper, mel (anime only)
Wisp
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Wisp »

Favorite: Jerome, John, Rocket, Kyoshiro, GB
Least favorite: Hougen, Kamakiri, Hiro (because of his ''attack'')
DweZie Hype

Post by DweZie Hype »

Favourites: Akame and Gin

Least Favourites: Genba and Kamakiri
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Top favourites:
Kaibutsu
Rocca
Sakura

Favourites:
Weed
Yukimura
Teru
Lydia
GB
Kyouki
Takeshi
Edit: Forgot those kogas that are always with Tesshin.. can't remember their names but it's not like I could tell them apart anyways xD
Edit: Whoops, forgot Rick too!

Least Favourites:
Sasuke
Kurotora
John
Joe
Kotetsu
Kisaragi
Lucy
Jerome (after Kaibutsu arc)
Really didn't care much for Gin after gng either
Last edited by Sandatora on Tue May 25, 2021 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Not including GNG characters:

Favourites:
Weed, Hook, Mole, Reika, Koyuki, Kagetora, Blue, Rocket, GB, Toube, Tesshin, Kaibutsu, Hougen, Genba, Pepe, Shouji, Shigure, Lenny, Ramu, Mukku, Shaeji, Batto, Toshimitsu, Tsukikage

Meh:
Kotetsu, Kyoushiro, Ken, Hiro, George, Teru, Elder Koga, Maxime, Lydia, Aram, Mel, Sakura

Hate:
Jerome, Kamakiri, Yukimura, Joe, Sasuke, Izou, Viktor, Shougun, Chako, Harutora, Nobutora, Nero
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Favorites only including new chars from GDW:
Ken
Kagetora
Tesshin
Kyoushiro
Shigure
Izou