Favorite GDW Episode?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Favorite GDW Episode?

Post by Dragon »

So there's already a Favorite GNG episode thread, but GDW is another option!
And honestly, much harder. I noticed lots of people mention the same couple episodes, but it makes sense because those were some of the most impact scenes. GDW provides a lot of scenes and plot points to choose from with lots of varying characters involved c:

Some of my favs:
Episode 1- something about it is just so calming. Maybe from how simple the show started off.
Episode 5 - One of the few well animated episodes, I can't resist how cool everyone looked in it <333 The action was intense too
Episode 9 - RIP John, your fight was one of the best parts of the anime u-u
Episode 11- Kyoshiro stole the episode~

What about you guys? o:

ImageImage
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Favorite GDW Episode?

Post by SoullessDog »

Hmm, this is a tough choice. I mostly focus on fanon stuff instead of the canon.

Maybe episode 26? Sorry, after I see the whole thing, I only watch bits and pieces later, moments that I like. Episode 26 had good moments that I like.

I think also Episode 11, purely because I like seeing Lector and Thunder.

I didn't realize how boring my reasons would be.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Would have to be episode 9, for obvious reasons.

But besides the spoilery stuff, I believe the animation was at some of its best at that time. I literally just days ago got done watching it and I don't recall anything sticking out too bad in my memory.

I also enjoy the earlier episode where we see Gin, Akame and John at their full strength and Hougen is properly introduced. I find that memorable and compelling as well. This would be episode... 6, I think.

Besides these, I also love the episode when Kurotora and Chutora's sons arrive at the Gajō. The mood, combined with the music in that scene gives me such chills. I believe this is episode 12.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

For me,it is episode 6. With the death of P4,Ohu was once again at peace. Jerome's speech towards the humans sounded so natural it looked like they were the real feelings of dogs. Then the arrival of the big three(Gin,John and Akame) and finally the introduction of Hougen (I still laugh at how Hougen pooped).
It was stacked with drama from start to end.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Probably episode 5 because just look at it :weary: Also it's one of the best episodes in the fandub :smirk:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I once wrote an entire post in the LOTPW about how much I like episode 19 so I'mma just copy/paste it here.
Digsu wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:51 pm
SPOILER

Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Digsu wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:29 pm
But yes GDW episode 19 is great, thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Dunno if you believe me, but I watched this episode, just about a minute ago. What a coincidence?
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Digsu wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:29 pm I once wrote an entire post in the LOTPW about how much I like episode 19 so I'mma just copy/paste it here.
Digsu wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:51 pm
SPOILER
Episode 19 is also my favorite for pretty much the same reasons. But GB’s big role is why I love it.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Episode 22. Great action and they finally rescue Gin. Even tho it's different from manga.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Oh fantastic! Always wanted to talk about my favourite episodes!

Episode 22 - FATHER AND SON- I love the build up to the big fight against Hiro and Kamakiri and it had a big pay-off! It includes my favourite scene in the anime where Gin and Weed hug! :bon2:

Episode 26 - A TRUE GINGA LEGEND - finally we get to the big boss battle and all the ghosts appear! EPIC! :tfw_orion1:

Episode 5 - RELEASED DISCISION - I love the battle sequences and the fact everyone gets a part to play and Jerome truly shines, this is when he become one of my favourites!

Episode 12 - AN HONORABLE PROMISE - Teru's dad finally redeems himself and Mel fights back

Episode 23 - THE WAR FO FUTAGO PASS BEGINS - the big fight finally begins and Kyoshiro finally finds it in himself to forgive and understand Weed's sense of Justice and like episode 5, everyone gets a part to play in the big fight.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

Episode 5 just because of the animation
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
GangstaGuru
Mentor
Mentor

Post by GangstaGuru »

I'd say it's a tie between episodes 5 and 6

In episode 5 we got the real, full-on part of the battle with Kaibutsu. I particularly liked Kagetora's little speech he gave to him towards the end of the episode as well. Plus as others have mentioned, the animation was great and probably the best throughout the anime (even more than the people who did episode 1 and 26).

Episode 6, P4 is finally defeated and you have that little bit with Jerome afterwards. Also love the introduction they gave to Gin, John and Akame. It was somewhat accurate with how they came across Nero in the manga, so I'm happy enough with that. Can't forget Hougen's intro as well, and the first faceoff between him and the Ohu leaders. Animation was decent on that episode too.
FurAffinity
DeviantArt
Twitter

If you want to change the world, start off my making your bed

:akame: :EXCITE:
Tabunne

Post by Tabunne »

In terms of animation, I love the first and last episodes of GDW. But Episode 5 stands out as a favorite because the animation is actually not half bad, and P4 is a sympathetic victim, despite his atrocities.
But so far, I have to say my fave above them is episode 19 I think, where GB and the others pretend to be an oncoming army to scare away Kamakiri's troops. It's such a clever tactic and it's something I'm looking forward to in my current rewatch of the series.
waruiwolf

Post by waruiwolf »

Episode 5 and the final episode are just amazing.
Even though animation and stuff can be a bit...on and off, I really have an appreciation for the studio in general, and when they put their best foot forward (which is, in my opinion, episode 5. The expressions on P4 and Jerome are top notch. Even Kagetora's speech is wonderfully animated.)

I really, really wish we could have gotten more anime. I watch both anime as a yearly tradition at this point!
Image drawn by me. OC owned by me.
https://twitter.com/fellfond
Wulf
Friend
Friend

Post by Wulf »

First one is really nice! It set up a good pace for the show then it sort of fell apart. I remembered how excited the first episode made me as a teenager.
Professional Artist for Animation + Kids Lit
Owner of Futago Kennel (Japanese Akita breeding program in Ohio)
PrimevalYautja

Post by PrimevalYautja »

Hmm, I Don;t Know to Be Honest...
TigerSoda

Post by TigerSoda »

Episode 26. I love the ending battle so much!
ken - w.i.p
GingaLegend

Post by GingaLegend »

My favorites are episode 5, episode 9, episode 16 and episode 26. I really like the quality of the animations on these episodes.
Findog
Potential
Potential

Post by Findog »

Episode 26 - Epic final battle and amazing animation

Episode 24 - The battle of Tesshin and Kite! 🔥🔥🔥

Episode 22 - The decisive battle of Hiro and Kamakiri and touching final scene

Episode 19 - Funny and original with GB being the "star" of the episode :P

Episode 15 - Weed Learns Battouga! A mostly casual "Hot Spring" episode

Episode 13 - Chutora's sons fight to the death

Episode 10 - Kyoshiro's first appearance and a funny Ben scene

Episode 9 - John!!! :(

Episode 5 - Great animation throughout the episode and the sad past of Kaibutsu!

Episode 1 - A great start to the series
Ginga forever! <3
Hikari

Post by Hikari »

EP 9 for emotional reasons

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”