GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by Kaiken »

Gingastar wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:06 am
Kaiken wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:30 pm
Limonzy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:34 pm I just realized this today but.. Did Daisuke not give Weed a name?
He calls Gin by his name of course, and he named Sirius, Orion, Rigel, and Bella. But all I remember him ever calling Weed was "Gin's son" or "little guy" etc... Did he really not bother giving Gin's son a name/nickname??? XD
That's just sad. Especially when Weed has been in his and Hidetoshi's care multiple times..

Well, GB named Weed, instead of Daisuke... He couldn't know Weed's name.
No, but I believe Limonzy is saying that they are surprised that Daisuke still didn't give Weed his own, separate name. Sort of like how Benizakura's name is Benizakura, but his human called him "Don".

Ah, I see then. xD
Benizakura was named Benizakura by his first owner through, and then renamed by his second owner to Don...

P.S. Where's your avatar with business Weed from? I love it
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Gingastar wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:06 am
Kaiken wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:30 pm
Limonzy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:34 pm I just realized this today but.. Did Daisuke not give Weed a name?
He calls Gin by his name of course, and he named Sirius, Orion, Rigel, and Bella. But all I remember him ever calling Weed was "Gin's son" or "little guy" etc... Did he really not bother giving Gin's son a name/nickname??? XD
That's just sad. Especially when Weed has been in his and Hidetoshi's care multiple times..

Well, GB named Weed, instead of Daisuke... He couldn't know Weed's name.
No, but I believe Limonzy is saying that they are surprised that Daisuke still didn't give Weed his own, separate name. Sort of like how Benizakura's name is Benizakura, but his human called him "Don".

Ah, I see then. xD
Benizakura was named Benizakura by his first owner through, and then renamed by his second owner to Don...

P.S. Where's your avatar with business Weed from? I love it
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:28 pm P.S. Where's your avatar with business Weed from? I love it
It's from the manga 55 Sai no Chizu by Kurosaki Kazuto, which has a weird two-panel gag depicting Yoshi and his team of assistants as actual dogs.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:42 pm
Kaiken wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:28 pm P.S. Where's your avatar with business Weed from? I love it
It's from the manga 55 Sai no Chizu by Kurosaki Kazuto, which has a weird two-panel gag depicting Yoshi and his team of assistants as actual dogs.

Lol wut, that's so weird XD Weed is Yoshi? :KRUMP:
Favorites:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Why did the russians dogs start a war with ohu dogs? What did Maxime, Victor and Aramu want?
And, what did Maxime say to his father when he returned, what did he tell him about Lydia, Victor and Aramu.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Raki wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:42 pm Why did the russians dogs start a war with ohu dogs? What did Maxime, Victor and Aramu want?
And, what did Maxime say to his father when he returned, what did he tell him about Lydia, Victor and Aramu.
They did not originally start a war with Ohu - they only wanted to invade Hokkaido so they could live there as their homeland Sakhalin (an island north from Hokkaido) was a very harsh place to live. Ohu joined the war to revenge Hakuro and everyone else who were killed by the Russians.

Maxim lied and told his father that everyone starved to death and Hokkaido is barren wasteland where they can't survive.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

YamaDora wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:58 pm
Raki wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:42 pm Why did the russians dogs start a war with ohu dogs? What did Maxime, Victor and Aramu want?
They did not originally start a war with Ohu - they only wanted to invade Hokkaido so they could live there as their homeland Sakhalin (an island north from Hokkaido) was a very harsh place to live. Ohu joined the war to revenge Hakuro and everyone else who were killed by the Russians.

Maxim lied and told his father that everyone starved to death and Hokkaido is barren wasteland where they can't survive.
Now it makes sense! Thank you! :>

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Sorry for a double post!

Why don't they make more editions of russians arc? They already made hougen arc, monkey arc but not russians and hybrid bear arcs? Would be so cool with new cover with them! :<

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Raki wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:40 am Why don't they make more editions of russians arc? They already made hougen arc, monkey arc but not russians and hybrid bear arcs? Would be so cool with new cover with them! :<
Good question! Specially about the Russian Arc for my taste mostly
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

I guess they wanted to keep costs low due to the length of the series and focused on the arc covered by the anime.
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Ive been thinking... is there any reference in GDW (or other sequels) about the Koga clan's past habit of being cannibals? Tesshin must know something, or did the elder leave that out too when he went back to Koga? I feel as though Tesshin would have been skeptical from the start if the elder mentioned that the Koga clan ate other dogs and wouldn't have turned on Ohu as easily. I 100% do not recall there being any mention of it but I forget things.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Wolpard wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:11 pm Ive been thinking... is there any reference in GDW (or other sequels) about the Koga clan's past habit of being cannibals? Tesshin must know something, or did the elder leave that out too when he went back to Koga? I feel as though Tesshin would have been skeptical from the start if the elder mentioned that the Koga clan ate other dogs and wouldn't have turned on Ohu as easily. I 100% do not recall there being any mention of it but I forget things.
It's very briefly touched on in the manga; when Kyoshiro is first telling Weed and company about the Koga dogs, he mentions there's a rumor that they used to (or possibly still do) eat their opponents.

It's unknown whether or not Tesshin knew about his father forcing the clan into practicing cannibalism, but judging by the fact that he talks about "the sins of [his] father" and how he's spent his whole life seeking to atone for the crimes of his father (which... makes zero sense when you consider his introductory chapters in GDW, but anyhow) after Sniper slices his gut open, it's possible he was aware of it.

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:33 pm
Wolpard wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:11 pm Ive been thinking... is there any reference in GDW (or other sequels) about the Koga clan's past habit of being cannibals? Tesshin must know something, or did the elder leave that out too when he went back to Koga? I feel as though Tesshin would have been skeptical from the start if the elder mentioned that the Koga clan ate other dogs and wouldn't have turned on Ohu as easily. I 100% do not recall there being any mention of it but I forget things.
It's very briefly touched on in the manga; when Kyoshiro is first telling Weed and company about the Koga dogs, he mentions there's a rumor that they used to (or possibly still do) eat their opponents.

It's unknown whether or not Tesshin knew about his father forcing the clan into practicing cannibalism, but judging by the fact that he talks about "the sins of [his] father" and how he's spent his whole life seeking to atone for the crimes of his father (which... makes zero sense when you consider his introductory chapters in GDW, but anyhow) after Sniper slices his gut open, it's possible he was aware of it.
I actually vaguely remember now when Kyoshiro mentioned it. Though I guess it doesn't go into much more detail than that... Does Sniper mention something then when he attacks Tesshin in the final parts of the Hougen arc?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Wolpard wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:41 pm
Digsu wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:33 pm

I actually vaguely remember now when Kyoshiro mentioned it. Though I guess it doesn't go into much more detail than that... Does Sniper mention something then when he attacks Tesshin in the final parts of the Hougen arc?
No, he just says that Tesshin shouldn't have made him his enemy and Tesshin starts talking about Kurojaki on his own. Sniper also calls Tesshin "Chibi" before correcting himself, which also sort of just raises additional questions but I digress.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I don't remember what happened in manga but did Jerome kill Lector and Thunder? Come to think that he actually killed two spies and got kicked out. And in anime he killed Lector and Thunder. What happened?

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Raki wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:29 am I don't remember what happened in manga but did Jerome kill Lector and Thunder? Come to think that he actually killed two spies and got kicked out. And in anime he killed Lector and Thunder. What happened?
In the manga, Jerome killed the two hound spies. Lecter and Thunder are never seen again after Weed and Kyoshiro defeat them and it's unknown what became of them.

Starstriker-K9

Post by Starstriker-K9 »

Alright, so in Ginga Fandom Wiki, it’s stated that Ryō, Ryū, Hanji and Heita (Jerome’s Assistants only showed in GDW Anime) are Shikikoku Inus but they mostly resemble a Kuro Shiba Inu.
They could be Shiba Inus or mixes but their actual breed isn’t announced in anime at all as i remember.

[Image
• 犬子犬 · ᵏ⁹
i am Inukoinu!
she · they | feral gay loser | p5 nerd

ImageImage
𓃦 carrd
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

While their breed isn't stated in the anime itself, they're labeled as Shikokus in production materials.

Starstriker-K9

Post by Starstriker-K9 »

Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:43 pm While their breed isn't stated in the anime itself, they're labeled as Shikokus in production materials.

Ohhh! I never really looked at those sheets before.
Sorry for the misunderstanding ^^;
• 犬子犬 · ᵏ⁹
i am Inukoinu!
she · they | feral gay loser | p5 nerd

ImageImage
𓃦 carrd
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

So the boars and dogs were able to understand/speak each other right? During the scene at the healing spring.

As far as I know this is the only time when two different species didn't speak a different language. So did Yoshi forget for a bit that different animals cant talk to each other? Unless they learn each other's language, which we see later with Bob, Zion, and Chibi.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”