GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Tora
Legend
Legend

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by Tora »

A small question, is it ever said that Mari is a saluki?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 am A small question, is it ever said that Mari is a saluki?
No, her breed isn't mentioned at all.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:09 am
Tora wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 am A small question, is it ever said that Mari is a saluki?
No, her breed isn't mentioned at all.
Thank you ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I know most of the Hybrid Bear arc hasn’t been translated yet, but one thing that I’m seriously curious about.

In GDW Vol. 57, when the hybrid bear suddenly takes a nap, why are Weed and other dogs sleeping with it?!
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:52 am I know most of the Hybrid Bear arc hasn’t been translated yet, but one thing that I’m seriously curious about.

In GDW Vol. 57, when the hybrid bear suddenly takes a nap, why are Weed and other dogs sleeping with it?!
Joe says that because they're all tired, they should take a rest too. Because their goal is just to chase Hybrid to the cliff and into the river, not kill it with their fangs, because it's proven to be impossible. As Kyoshiro is suggesting that Weed should use the Battouga, Weed says that he isn't sure he could kill it with one blow, and Jerome says that Battouga with halved power is more dangerous to Weed than it would be to the enemy. And after that we get to learn more of the bear hound superiority by the narrator: "their most remarkable ability is to control their bodies alertness", and so Weed and Joe are able to fall asleep instantly, while others just lay restless.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

methpring wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:30 am
Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:52 am I know most of the Hybrid Bear arc hasn’t been translated yet, but one thing that I’m seriously curious about.

Joe says that because they're all tired, they should take a rest too. Because their goal is just to chase Hybrid to the cliff and into the river, not kill it with their fangs, because it's proven to be impossible. As Kyoshiro is suggesting that Weed should use the Battouga, Weed says that he isn't sure he could kill it with one blow, and Jerome says that Battouga with halved power is more dangerous to Weed than it would be to the enemy. And after that we get to learn more of the bear hound superiority by the narrator: "their most remarkable ability is to control their bodies alertness", and so Weed and Joe are able to fall asleep instantly, while others just lay restless.
Thank you for the answer, methpring! Appreciate it! :tfw_bella2:

But still...even to rest themselves...sleeping/resting near a vicious bear for a little bit is really scary and creepy. :tfw_sirius1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

not sure if this should go here, but, does Hidetoshi still think he shot John (Tony)?
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

sabrus wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:27 pm not sure if this should go here, but, does Hidetoshi still think he shot John (Tony)?
In GDW volume 60, when Daisuke tells him that there's a litter of German shepherd puppies in Futago Pass, Hidetoshi wonders if they could be John's and is disappointed to see they're actually Jerome and Lydia's. So he apparently did start assuming that John was still alive sometime afterwards. Maybe he saw that Gin and Akame were still alive and assumed that the "John" he shot must have been a fake, too?

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I have a question, when is Koyuki's owner mentioned by name? As I wanna know if it's truly Shinmei or Nobuaki

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Y'all know what exactly Tesshin is throwing around in the anime at Kaito? Not sure if that happens in the manga as well, but it stuck in my mind from the anime. It's like throwing knives, except... What throwing knives? Where did he get them? Is Tesshin throwing rocks?

I for some reason thought about icicles, not sure why. :'D
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Arctic Ranger wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:57 pm Y'all know what exactly Tesshin is throwing around in the anime at Kaito? Not sure if that happens in the manga as well, but it stuck in my mind from the anime. It's like throwing knives, except... What throwing knives? Where did he get them? Is Tesshin throwing rocks?

I for some reason thought about icicles, not sure why. :'D

That scene where Tesshin jumps down? I think he throws sharp icicles.
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Jinto wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:00 pm
That scene where Tesshin jumps down? I think he throws sharp icicles.
Yes, that scene exactly. I see we think alike, on the icicles.

Words to truly live by.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Arctic Ranger wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:57 pm Y'all know what exactly Tesshin is throwing around in the anime at Kaito? Not sure if that happens in the manga as well, but it stuck in my mind from the anime. It's like throwing knives, except... What throwing knives? Where did he get them? Is Tesshin throwing rocks?
I guess you mean this?

I assume it's a rock/rocks, as Tesshin was shown throwing a rock at Kite earlier, and the blue laser look is just to make them easier to see and/or show how fast they're being thrown.

Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Digsu wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:20 pm
I guess you mean this?
Yes, this exactly. And previously, when Tesshin shows up to unexpectedly to fight Kaito (and splits the log in half), he also throws these 'throwing knives' with increased focus on the act itself. I guess it makes sense that it was rocks, but the color might make one suspect icicles instead.

Words to truly live by.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I've been wondering about that crocodile in vol 53 (and partly talked about by humans/narrator in vol 54)... In Ginga Yondai, it's says "日文会のワニ" (hifumikai no wani) meaning the "crocodile of Hifumikai" or something. But what is Hifumikai?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

What happened to Takeshi? He just disappeared from his important roll with Toubei? :derpgin:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:45 pm I've been wondering about that crocodile in vol 53 (and partly talked about by humans/narrator in vol 54)... In Ginga Yondai, it's says "日文会のワニ" (hifumikai no wani) meaning the "crocodile of Hifumikai" or something. But what is Hifumikai?
I guess Hifumi is the name of the crime syndicate whose boss owned the crocodile, with the "kai" at the end basically being a suffix that means "group" or something like that. In volume 53, the owner of the crocodile is identified as "leader of the widespread crime syndicate Hifumi" (広域暴力団 日文会会長).

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:14 pm
Tora wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:45 pm I've been wondering about that crocodile in vol 53 (and partly talked about by humans/narrator in vol 54)... In Ginga Yondai, it's says "日文会のワニ" (hifumikai no wani) meaning the "crocodile of Hifumikai" or something. But what is Hifumikai?
I guess Hifumi is the name of the crime syndicate whose boss owned the crocodile, with the "kai" at the end basically being a suffix that means "group" or something like that. In volume 53, the owner of the crocodile is identified as "leader of the widespread crime syndicate Hifumi" (広域暴力団 日文会会長).

Thank you! What does it says in Finnish, btw?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:42 pm

It simply calls him "the leader of the crime syndicate" for some reason.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:11 pm
Tora wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:42 pm

It simply calls him "the leader of the crime syndicate" for some reason.
That's bit weird

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”