GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by YamaDora »

Nexuz wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:34 am I just got the idea to reanimate the whole first episode of gdw. In the school i go to the last years get a big project that take up the whole last year. If i understand it correctly the last years choose what they want to do, everyone can choose what they want to do. So i was thinking for my project i would animate and dub the whole first episode (maybe more). i'm currently just in second year so i don't have this project now.
Is it a good idea? Should i do it?? should i animate the plot from the manga or anime??? sorry for the bad english..
I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not, but if you want to do it, then go for it!

And it's totally up to you which one you animate - pick just the one you like more.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Nexuz wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:34 am I just got the idea to reanimate the whole first episode of gdw. In the school i go to the last years get a big project that take up the whole last year. If i understand it correctly the last years choose what they want to do, everyone can choose what they want to do. So i was thinking for my project i would animate and dub the whole first episode (maybe more). i'm currently just in second year so i don't have this project now.
Is it a good idea? Should i do it?? should i animate the plot from the manga or anime??? sorry for the bad english..
I think it's a wonderful idea! I really hope you will share it here on forum once it's done, too! I think animating plot from comic would be better choice, because it's very different from the tv series, besides redoing the first episode would result in pretty much the same as it already is. Still, I'd be very excited to see whichever one you choose to do!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Its gonna be pretty rough animating full a 22 minute episode by yourself within a year. Not to shoot you down because if youre passionate I say you can try but my senior thesis is two years for a 2 minute film lol.
Nexuz

Post by Nexuz »

Wolpard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:04 pm
Its gonna be pretty rough animating full a 22 minute episode by yourself within a year. Not to shoot you down because if youre passionate I say you can try but my senior thesis is two years for a 2 minute film lol.
Ooof i didn't think about the time it would take :tfw_sirius1: But idk i still have some time to think about if i'm gonna do it or not. If i don't do it in school i might do it on my free time (not that i have much of that :tfw_orion1: ) because it think it might be a fun project to do.
Nexuz

Post by Nexuz »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:56 pm
I think it's a wonderful idea! I really hope you will share it here on forum once it's done, too! I think animating plot from comic would be better choice, because it's very different from the tv series, besides redoing the first episode would result in pretty much the same as it already is. Still, I'd be very excited to see whichever one you choose to do!
I'm probably gonna go with the manga plot if i'm gonna make it. :tfw_aokabuto1: And if people want me to i can of course upload it so everyone can watch it. But its a long time until i'm done with it.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Does anyone know would it actually be realistically possible for dogs like Red Bull and Aram to actually live? Can they breathe (through nose)? I've been thinking about this for a while. They seem to be missing all the skin and soft tissue, but the muscle beneath is still intact and the bone isn't exposed, but is that enough? :redbull: :aram:

Warning: description of extreme animal torture in real life below.
There was a case when two terrible humans destroyed dog's muzzle by blowing up fireworks in it, and poor dog was still alive, but she had to be later euthanized, because damage was too much (but then again it was said that the lethal damage was to her belly(they had blown up fireworks there as well), not muzzle).
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Kaiken wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:19 pm Does anyone know would it actually be realistically possible for dogs like Red Bull and Aram to actually live? Can they breathe (through nose)? I've been thinking about this for a while. They seem to be missing all the skin and soft tissue, but the muscle beneath is still intact and the bone isn't exposed, but is that enough? :redbull: :aram:

There was a case when two terrible humans destroyed dog's muzzle by blowing up fireworks in it, and poor dog was still alive, but she had to be later euthanized, because damage was too much (but then again it was said that the lethal damage was to her belly(they had blown up fireworks there as well), not muzzle).
I believe so! I've actually seen a lot of dogs like your example that survived even with the whole top jaw missing. It's been so long I can't find the dogs from the old board topic that had exact muzzles like Red Bull / Aram but "mirabel_a_no_nose_fairytale" "Khaleesi, the Dog With No Snout" and a cat "Chase No Face" (warning: especially graphic) and this hyena 1 2 are the closest I could find right now.

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Sandatora wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:22 pm
Kaiken wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:19 pm Does anyone know would it actually be realistically possible for dogs like Red Bull and Aram to actually live? Can they breathe (through nose)? I've been thinking about this for a while. They seem to be missing all the skin and soft tissue, but the muscle beneath is still intact and the bone isn't exposed, but is that enough? :redbull: :aram:

I believe so! I've actually seen a lot of dogs like your example that survived even with the whole top jaw missing. It's been so long I can't find the dogs from the old board topic that had exact muzzles like Red Bull / Aram but "mirabel_a_no_nose_fairytale" "Khaleesi, the Dog With No Snout" and a cat "Chase No Face" (warning: especially graphic) and this hyena 1 2 are the closest I could find right now.
Ooh, interesting. The cat is the closest to Aram's condition from your examples, so looks like that proves it. Thanks!
Favorites:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

When Buruge died in the Russian war, Kyoushiro bit him and 'ate' his fur? Why? :tfw_aokabuto1:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Raki wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:46 pm When Buruge died in the Russian war, Kyoushiro bit him and 'ate' his fur? Why? :tfw_aokabuto1:
His last request was asking Kyoushiro to eat his flesh (because they had been starving in the gorge and his thought process was if he's gonna die anyway, he should replenish his comrades). Eating dog meat is of course taboo since its cannibalism so Kyoushiro eats his fur to fulfill Buruge's last request without actually eating his meat.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Wolpard wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:51 pm
Raki wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:46 pm When Buruge died in the Russian war, Kyoushiro bit him and 'ate' his fur? Why? :tfw_aokabuto1:
His last request was asking Kyoushiro to eat his flesh (because they had been starving in the gorge and his thought process was if he's gonna die anyway, he should replenish his comrades). Eating dog meat is of course taboo since its cannibalism so Kyoushiro eats his fur to fulfill Buruge's last request without actually eating his meat.
Actually, he wanted the surviving soldiers eat his flesh so that they could "carry a part of him" within themselves, allowing him to still participate in the fight against the Russian dogs in spite of his death. They obviously didn't feel comfortable with that, so Kyoshiro, out of respect, bit off and ate some of his fur to make Buruge "a part of himself", technically fulfilling his last request.

It's possible he also had the food issue in mind, but he only mentions the "I want to keep fighting" thing.

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:01 pm
Actually, he wanted the surviving soldiers eat his flesh so that they could "carry a part of him" within themselves, allowing him to still participate in the fight against the Russian dogs in spite of his death. They obviously didn't feel comfortable with that, so Kyoshiro, out of respect, bit off and ate some of his fur to make Buruge "a part of himself", technically fulfilling his last request.

It's possible he also had the food issue in mind, but he only mentions the "I want to keep fighting" thing.
Huh, coulda sworn there was something about them having been starved but maybe Im just imagining it cause I know that would have made more sense. But we know Ginga isnt very reasonable.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Wolpard wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:59 pm
Digsu wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:01 pm

Huh, coulda sworn there was something about them having been starved but maybe Im just imagining it cause I know that would have made more sense. But we know Ginga isnt very reasonable.
The fact that they went a pretty long time without food or water was brought up pretty frequently during the "trapped in a gorge" sequence, just not during Buruge's death. I suppose a fallen soldier demanding his comrades to eat his flesh to regain their strength after days of starvation wasn't quite poetic enough for Ginga so cannibalism-fueled soul transfer it is.

Milli

Post by Milli »

i know this is really strange to ask but, are gdw or gng items cheaper in japan, or is it really so expensive, i mean official gdw manga is still coming out so, wouldn't merch still be coming out because of how popular the series is?
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Milli wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:10 pm i know this is really strange to ask but, are gdw or gng items cheaper in japan, or is it really so expensive, i mean official gdw manga is still coming out so, wouldn't merch still be coming out because of how popular the series is?
It doesn't have a whole lot of merch coming out in Japan because it's not super popular. A lot of the JP merch is older/discontinued/limited release so it can get pricey (such as the Japanese plushies which can go for a couple hundred in US dollars). Things tend to run for the same prices, but you will usually have to pay shipping from Japan which can add a good chunk of money to your purchase.
Jeromesan

Post by Jeromesan »

Does anyone know where I can watch all the episodes of gdw online? I had a website for it awhile back but its no longer on there. :tfw_sirius2:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Jeromesan wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:34 am Does anyone know where I can watch all the episodes of gdw online? I had a website for it awhile back but its no longer on there. :tfw_sirius2:
SilverFang Reader
Jeromesan

Post by Jeromesan »

I was trying to find the anime, not the manga
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Jeromesan wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:49 pm I was trying to find the anime, not the manga
The Silver Fang Reader has the animes too
Image Image
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I started to thinking about Jerome, is he really dead in anime? Because his spirit didn't show up when Weed fought against Hougen. And all other spirits showed up for support but not Jerome.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”