Shirozaru's, Rara's and Muu's relation

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Post Reply

Cousins or brothers

You may select 1 option

 
 
View results

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14729
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Shirozaru's, Rara's and Muu's relation

Post by Tora » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:14 am

Think it better for them to have their own topic of this to discuss.

So, In beginning of GDWO it's more or less stated that Shirozaru is the cousin of Rara and Muu, with Shirozaru's mum being Akame's daughter, and Rara's and Muu's father being Akame's son. Then later on they're described as brothers and not cousins. Is it so that they're as close as brothers? When exactly did they change from cousins to brothers?
Last edited by Tora on Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Avatar made by overcastsea
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 4831
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Shirozaru's, Rara's and Muu's relation

Post by Digsu » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:37 pm

The character bios from GDWO volume 4 (the first volume to even have a character bios page) refer to them both as "Shirozaru's younger brother" (白申の弟). So their relationship seems to have been changed pretty early on.

Image



User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14729
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Shirozaru's, Rara's and Muu's relation

Post by Tora » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:42 pm

Digsu wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:37 pm
The character bios from GDWO volume 4 (the first volume to even have a character bios page) refer to them both as "Shirozaru's younger brother" (白申の弟). So their relationship seems to have been changed pretty early on.

Image
Is there anymore mention in the manga itself? If they say they're brothers or cousins?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Avatar made by overcastsea
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 4831
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Shirozaru's, Rara's and Muu's relation

Post by Digsu » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:00 pm

Tora wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:42 pm
Digsu wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:37 pm
The character bios from GDWO volume 4 (the first volume to even have a character bios page) refer to them both as "Shirozaru's younger brother" (白申の弟). So their relationship seems to have been changed pretty early on.

Image
Is there anymore mention in the manga itself? If they say they're brothers or cousins?
In volume 3, Shirozaru first introduces himself by saying "I'm Shirozaru" and after that Rara says "I'm Rara and this [standing next to me] is my big brother Muu". It doesn't necessarily have to mean Shirozaru's not their brother, but it does sound a bit stilted otherwise... If Shirozaru was their brother, I think it'd make more sense for Rara to say something like "this is my other big brother, Muu" or something like that.
:THOT:

I couldn't find any other mention of their relationship in the manga proper until volume 30, where Shirozaru says "Bella is living with a good family. My brother [Rara] lives nearby."

And in TLW volume 6, we get this:
Image
:gennai: You're the Shirozaru brothers!
:tesshin: Shirozaru and his brothers!
:izou: Akame's grandkids!
:mangachourou: They're here?!



User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14729
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Shirozaru's, Rara's and Muu's relation

Post by Tora » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:07 pm

Digsu wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:00 pm
Tora wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:42 pm
Digsu wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:37 pm
The character bios from GDWO volume 4 (the first volume to even have a character bios page) refer to them both as "Shirozaru's younger brother" (白申の弟). So their relationship seems to have been changed pretty early on.

Image
Is there anymore mention in the manga itself? If they say they're brothers or cousins?
In volume 3, Shirozaru first introduces himself by saying "I'm Shirozaru" and after that Rara says "I'm Rara and this [standing next to me] is my big brother Muu". It doesn't necessarily have to mean Shirozaru's not their brother, but it does sound a bit stilted otherwise... If Shirozaru was their brother, I think it'd make more sense for Rara to say something like "this is my other big brother, Muu" or something like that.
:THOT:

I couldn't find any other mention of their relationship in the manga proper until volume 30, where Shirozaru says "Bella is living with a good family. My brother [Rara] lives nearby."

And in TLW volume 6, we get this:
Image
:gennai: You're the Shirozaru brothers!
:tesshin: Shirozaru and his brothers!
:izou: Akame's grandkids!
:mangachourou: They're here?!
Hmm, that's pretty interesting. Wonder if they're cousins bur just later they reflect each other as brothers (headcanon territory now lol)
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Avatar made by overcastsea
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
kahooton
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 7:39 pm
Location: United States

Re: Shirozaru's, Rara's and Muu's relation

Post by kahooton » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:51 pm

Oh wow I never thought about this! I feel like it would make more sense for them to be brothers, but I wish we got more cousin interactions like this instead. It looks like they changed their minds after originally making them cousins, and just said nah they're brothers now.
~ :bon: ~
Image
~ :chutora: :raiga: :john: :izou: :gin: :orion: :sniper: :tesshin: :akame: :ben: :gb: :gaia: ~
other favorites
Banner made by me

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14729
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Shirozaru's, Rara's and Muu's relation

Post by Tora » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:12 pm

I know when I look in vol 2, I look at page 44 and this panel. Shirozaru talks about his mother and Rara's father.

Gosh complicated XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Avatar made by overcastsea
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 4831
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Shirozaru's, Rara's and Muu's relation

Post by Digsu » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:37 pm

Tora wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:12 pm
I know when I look in vol 2, I look at page 44 and this panel. Shirozaru talks about his mother and Rara's father.

Gosh complicated XD
Maybe they're actually half-brothers with the same mother but different fathers, and Shirozaru's mom and Rara's dad used to be in a relationship despite... y'know, being siblings. :THOT:

If you want it to get even more complicated, there's a scene in GDWO where Shirozaru calls Akame his uncle instead of grandfather. :surprisegin:
Digsu wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:53 pm
Image

Shirozaru calls Akame "uncle" (ojiki/伯父貴) here, even though Akame is his grandfather. Because the family relations of Shirozaru and his two cousins/brothers (who may or may not be brothers to each other) weren't confusing enough as it is.

Interestingly, it seems the Finnish translator caught this and thus in the Finnish version of GDWO 27 Shirozaru correctly calls Akame "grandfather" in this panel.



User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14729
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Shirozaru's, Rara's and Muu's relation

Post by Tora » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:00 pm

Digsu wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:37 pm
Tora wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:12 pm
I know when I look in vol 2, I look at page 44 and this panel. Shirozaru talks about his mother and Rara's father.

Gosh complicated XD
Maybe they're actually half-brothers with the same mother but different fathers, and Shirozaru's mom and Rara's dad used to be in a relationship despite... y'know, being siblings. :THOT:

If you want it to get even more complicated, there's a scene in GDWO where Shirozaru calls Akame his uncle instead of grandfather. :surprisegin:
Digsu wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:53 pm
Image

Shirozaru calls Akame "uncle" (ojiki/伯父貴) here, even though Akame is his grandfather. Because the family relations of Shirozaru and his two cousins/brothers (who may or may not be brothers to each other) weren't confusing enough as it is.

Interestingly, it seems the Finnish translator caught this and thus in the Finnish version of GDWO 27 Shirozaru correctly calls Akame "grandfather" in this panel.
Oh damn XD

So damn complicted XD
Think I will go with Shirozaru being the older cousin of Muu and Rara and they just call themself brothers later on, and the rest just goes with it lmao



Edit:
I made it a poll for people to vote
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Avatar made by overcastsea
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Post Reply

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”