GDW:O General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Digsu »

Sketch-San wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:19 pm Akame's daughter and grandsons:

Forgive me if this has been asked before since I don't keep up with the Ginga questions topics all that much. So I may be misremembering, but for several years I came to the conclusion that Shirozaru, Muu, and Rara weren't Akame's biological children but his adopted ones, and their mother seen in GDWO was Akame's adopted daughter.

However looking at the Ginga Wiki, there doesn't seem to be any indication that they're adopted, only the fact that the trio's mother was adopted by humans under the Iga's orders, but it's still unclear what their relationship to Akame is.

So are they related to Akame by blood or adoption?
By blood. There's no indication anywhere that they'd be adopted.

Sketch-San

Post by Sketch-San »

Digsu wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:28 pm

Forgive me if this has been asked before since I don't keep up with the Ginga questions topics all that much. So I may be misremembering, but for several years I came to the conclusion that Shirozaru, Muu, and Rara weren't Akame's biological children but his adopted ones, and their mother seen in GDWO was Akame's adopted daughter.

However looking at the Ginga Wiki, there doesn't seem to be any indication that they're adopted, only the fact that the trio's mother was adopted by humans under the Iga's orders, but it's still unclear what their relationship to Akame is.

By blood. There's no indication anywhere that they'd be adopted.
Ah, okay. I don't know how the hell I've been misreading them as adopted all these years.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Related by blood. Akame had abandoned left his pups to live with humans. He wanted the Iga clan to... kinda end? He even forbid his pups from seeking him out or joining the Ohu army. Shirozaru, Muu and Rara are Akame's grandkids. When the Volcano erupted, the Ohu army was thought to have perished. Thinking their Grandfather is dead, the trio decided to check the Ohu paradise out. Akame ended up being alive but he isn't shown to be angry at his grandkids... tho they only meet at the end of the series and Akame hardly acknowledges them lol
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I happened to stumble upon this Japanese fanart of Andy and something in the description caught my attention: it says that "apparently, in the Goraku he was said to be the son of John's younger sister, but since it didn't make sense age-wise, the book version just says he's John's relative".

Can anyone here confirm or deny this? Andy's exact relation to John is a bit murky even in the book versions, with him either being referred to as being descended from John's siblings or straight up being his nephew (and the Finnish translation muddies things further by specifically saying he's the descendant/son of John's brother), but afaik this would be the only time it's been mentioned that Andy is descended from John's sister, or that John even had a sister.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

OOOH?

Why didn't we start with Goraku before! Anyone knows what Goraku year and number it would be?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Tora wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:15 am OOOH?

Why didn't we start with Goraku before! Anyone knows what Goraku year and number it would be?
The chapter is in volume 19, and the chapter is number146. The Goraku that contains the chapter was published between June-July of 2012.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

I just re read GDWO and I was thinking what litter Andy could be from. It could be that John parents had second or third litters, and one of those had Andy at some point. Which would still make Andy Johns nephew, right?
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I wanna know what it's said about Unsai and Cross in vol 29 ch 231, around pages 190-197.
Like in how many years and such. Did it happen right after Cross was abondend by her owner and her friends killed, or some time after?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:41 pm I wanna know what it's said about Unsai and Cross in vol 29 ch 231, around pages 190-197.
Like in how many years and such. Did it happen right after Cross was abondend by her owner and her friends killed, or some time after?
Cross says it happened 10 years ago. It's said that she'd been "injured while hunting and didn't want to go back to the humans", but it doesn't specify if it's the injury she got from Akakabuto or some unrelated injury after that. It also doesn't mention Cross or Ben's ages, only that Unsai was 3 years old and Kawasemi was "a puppy" (so presumably 0,5-1 year old).

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:01 pm
Tora wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:41 pm I wanna know what it's said about Unsai and Cross in vol 29 ch 231, around pages 190-197.
Cross says it happened 10 years ago. It's said that she'd been "injured while hunting and didn't want to go back to the humans", but it doesn't specify if it's the injury she got from Akakabuto or some unrelated injury after that. It also doesn't mention Cross or Ben's ages, only that Unsai was 3 years old and Kawasemi was "a puppy" (so presumably 0,5-1 year old).
Interesting! She joined Ben later and the Ou Army? As I guess Ben still lived with his owner?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:55 pm
Interesting! She joined Ben later and the Ou Army? As I guess Ben still lived with his owner?
Yeah, it's said that Ben was still living with his owner at the time. He brought Cross to Unsai because he had heard of his good reputation.

It's not specified how Ben found Cross, though.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:02 pm
Tora wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:55 pm

Yeah, it's said that Ben was still living with his owner at the time. He brought Cross to Unsai because he had heard of his good reputation.

It's not specified how Ben found Cross, though.
Thank you for the answers ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Meetu

Post by Meetu »

where i can read gdwo in english
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Meetu wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:51 pm where i can read gdwo in english
Due to a new rule, you will need to increase your non-spam posts to 20. Then you'll have access to scanlations and (I think) Silver Fang Reader. You'll find English translations from there.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Meetu

Post by Meetu »

ok
Meetu

Post by Meetu »

does enyone have GDWO vol 27-30 in english i cant find them
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Meetu wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:54 pm does enyone have GDWO vol 27-30 in english i cant find them
I sent you a PM about that.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I'm currently re-reading GDWO for a work reason. But one question. Lake Gyouja, which is the old home of the Koga dogs, is in Shiga Prefecture. Is that correct?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:44 pm I'm currently re-reading GDWO for a work reason. But one question. Lake Gyouja, which is the old home of the Koga dogs, is in Shiga Prefecture. Is that correct?
Which volume is Lake Gyouja named in? I'd like to take a closer look but can't find where it's named.

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Digsu wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:56 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:44 pm I'm currently re-reading GDWO for a work reason. But one question. Lake Gyouja, which is the old home of the Koga dogs, is in Shiga Prefecture. Is that correct?
Which volume is Lake Gyouja named in? I'd like to take a closer look but can't find where it's named.
It's in Chapter 48. Sasuke calls it "Lake Gyouja" when he remembers from his GDW time that the Koga Elder lives there. The narrator also says it in Chapter 53.

It's the same lake with the underwater cave.

EDIT: Searched online. Both chapters are in Volume 7.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”