Favorite and Least Favorite GDW:O Characters

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Favorite and Least Favorite GDW:O Characters

Post by Gingastar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:05 am

A topic to discuss your favorite and least favorite Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion characters!

My favorites are:
Orion
Sirius
Izou
Bon
Yamabiko
Kenshin

Least Favorites:
Bella

So why Bella?
While I certainly don't hate Bella I just don't think there's much to her. Yoshi tends to push her in the back or make her cry, always taking her away from the action.

Feel free to discuss why you think of certain characters as your favorite or least favorite!

Please be sure to remain respectful of others! We all have different favorites and least favorites! :D
Last edited by Gingastar on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by me!
Art & Banner by me!

DeviantArt l Twitter l Tumblr

Dragon
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite GDW:O Characters

Post by Dragon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:57 am

Izou, Tesshin, and Shirozaru for top fav answers. Izou just .. I felt like I really bonded with him and his brothers. It was probably one of the nicest experiences, him and his bros raising Orion, I've felt in a Ginga manga yet. He's not afraid to cry, he's not afraid to give Orion a chance and then regret it, he's not afraid to give a hug when it's needed, and not afraid to die for his family. He taught Orion that being a great 'male' can sometimes mean knowing when to run away. And to top it off, it's refreshing to see characters kill really bad villains when they deserve it.
It took GDWO for me to realize how interesting Tesshin is. He's skilled, raised by all three biggest ranks of Ohu, but still makes mistakes (when he failed his Battouga). His extreme fascination of the Battouga is really interesting too. To teach so many people that and also gather up a pack, like he should have had long ago, is really nice to see.
As for Shirozaru, I like seeing him not be as OP as most ninja dogs. Yeah, he can jump high, but he was never taught ninja moves or skills. He seems calm and quiet, but still able to mess up, which isn't common in Akame's bloodline. Nothing's wrong with being imperfect but still cool. He's a better Akame, in my opinion xD

Honorable mentions go to Orion, Sirius (how sad how he turned out to be as a grown up), Akakamakiri, and possibly Heizou (the guy's dedicated), Rigel, Terumune, and Bon.

As for least favs.... hard to say... I didn't really hate anyone. Maybe Bon's dad? He was pretty spineless. Maybeeee.... the new kai bros? Though there were two trios of them in this lol both were evil though. Ah, okay. Maybe the ones who killed Terumune.

Kasi
Admin
Admin

Post by Kasi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:59 am

Favourites:
Kenshin
Masamune
Kawasemi
Terumune
Matheus
'The Triplets' Kai brothers
Izou
Sirius

Dislike:
Gennai
Masashige (before helping Rigel & Kotetsu)
Ryo
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW: Volume 19 now available!

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:10 am

Sirius is definitely my favourite in the series, his endless devotion despite unpopular opinion around him caught my heart.
Kamakiri I like for being a ginga villain that actually slowly starts to redeem himself, going all the way to forgive his mother for leaving them.
I adore Bon's dumb but jolly face.
Kotetsu! He's grown up from a stupid fanboy to a mature adult who knows how to go undercover and hold in his feelings.
Yamabiko I'm also fond of. He's got a lot on his plate (fond feelings for his brother, leadership) but he is still level headed. A little too devoted to Orion though.

I dislike Orion's violent saviour complex, and Izou's cold heartedness rubbing off on him (remember Kisaragi was no saint, and the way of thinking carried down).
The killer Kai brothers disgust me.
Terumune, acutally. I found him to be too little too late, in raising Masamune in abuse and then casting him off for Yamabiko. And then turning to go down as if he is honourble!

Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:15 am

Favorite:
:unsai: Unsai
:gennai: Gennai
:tenka: Tenka
:masamune: Masamune
:yamabiko: Yamabiko
:izou: Izou
:rigel: Rigel
:orion: Orion

Least Favorite:
:masashige: Masashige
:matheus: Matheus
:bon: Bon
Last edited by Tikikata on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

That One Lloyd Fangirl™
:belmond: :gama: :gdwkurotora: :lloyd: :george: :ken: :unsai: :masamune: :hyakkiga: :suiga:

My Ginga Characters
Momo | Hakkou | Gracia | Mamushi

Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:05 pm

Favourite
Andy
Rigel
Izo

Least Favourite
Unsai
Gennai
Kenshin
Bon
Masashige (until he redeemed himself)
Tenka
RIP Charlie. A happy-go-lucky sprocker spaniel with a heart of gold. 2007 - May 2016
RIP Jack. Indeed a Springer to the very end. Good luck, buddy. We'll miss you. 2006 - November 2016
Banner by Tikikata :D

Kaiken
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kaiken » Fri May 11, 2018 11:41 am

Favorites: Blanca, Mattheus (my favorite character in the entire ginga together with John, Jerome and Kamakiri) Bonn, Rigel, Orion, Andy, Akakamakiri, Kurokamakiri, Kamajiro, Kenshin and Masashige

Least favorites: Masamune (he's ugly), Bellatrix (Ew), Unsai (Just no), Yamabiko (annoying brat) Sasuke (his name means 'bitch' in my language, lol), Kotetsu (ugly + annoying) Gennai (my most hated character in entire GDWO, and only because I hate his eyebrow sooo muuuch).
:FLY:
Image Image
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :yamato: :madara: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :smith: :jerome: :gdwjohn: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama:
YAMATO4EVER

Katsudon

Post by Katsudon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:06 pm

Favourites:
Sirius
Bon
Unsai
Kamajiro
Kenshin
Masamune
Matheus

Least favourites:
Orion
Gennai

Honestly It's so hard to think of any least favourite characters... Maybe that's just a good thing heh
:gamu: The great warrior Gamu :gamu:
:weed: The great leader Weed :weed:
:orion: And then there´s Orion... :orion:
A fan since 2014

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”