GDW: Orion SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

GDW: Orion SPOILER THREAD

Post by Arano » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:20 pm

I wish this was a spoiler: Bella plays an actual role in the story

Marchosias
Comrade
Comrade

Re: GDW: Orion SPOILER THREAD

Post by Marchosias » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:20 pm

The greatest spoiler for GDW:O Orion is Weed's son and Masamune is the bad guy

methpring
Friend
Friend

Post by methpring » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:19 pm

In the latest Finnish-translated Orion, volume 27, there was one scene that made me facepalm.

Jouji has Matheus pinned down, biting his throat. Then, he lets go. The reason: some other enemy dog bited him in the ear. Jouji was enraged and yelled that his ears are his pride. No, Jouji, not in the middle of the battle...
My Ginga collections:
Team Sirius :sirius:

Atha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Atha » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:48 pm

methpring wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:19 pm
In the latest Finnish-translated Orion, volume 27, there was one scene that made me facepalm.

Jouji has Matheus pinned down, biting his throat. Then, he lets go. The reason: some other enemy dog bited him in the ear. Jouji was enraged and yelled that his ears are his pride. No, Jouji, not in the middle of the battle...
Why did every GDW character with potential turn into a comic relief since GDWO...?

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:07 pm

Atha wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:48 pm
methpring wrote:

Why did every GDW character with potential turn into a comic relief since GDWO...?
tbh I just found the whole thing both legitimately hilarious and a nice indication that George has character traits other than "generic hot-blooded tough guy" (his barely-discussed and quickly forgotten fear of water notwithstanding). Yeah, he maybe should sort out his priorities but being that self-conscious about his ears is definitely unique.

Banners and avatar by me

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm

And in Japanese, Jôji calles then his "charm point" (チャームポイント), meaning "most attractive feature of a person". XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Dragon
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Dragon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:28 pm

methpring wrote:

Digsu wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:07 pm
tbh I just found the whole thing both legitimately hilarious and a nice indication that George has character traits other than "generic hot-blooded tough guy" (his barely-discussed and quickly forgotten fear of water notwithstanding). Yeah, he maybe should sort out his priorities but being that self-conscious about his ears is definitely unique.
Tora wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm
And in Japanese, Jôji called them his "charm point" (チャームポイント), meaning "most attractive feature of a person". XD
Omg LOOL that's so great. I like that. And Digsu has a point. I thought he was Kyoshiro clone, but if he cares about his looks and is hot-headed enough to protect his beauty [that he gets from his mom], then that's a really interesting and cool trait. Imagine him as a human, he'd have long beautiful white hair, and kill anyone who dares ruins it LOL

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:51 am

Dragon wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:28 pm
methpring wrote:

Digsu wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:07 pm
Tora wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm
And in Japanese, Jôji called them his "charm point" (チャームポイント), meaning "most attractive feature of a person". XD
Omg LOOL that's so great. I like that. And Digsu has a point. I thought he was Kyoshiro clone, but if he cares about his looks and is hot-headed enough to protect his beauty [that he gets from his mom], then that's a really interesting and cool trait. Imagine him as a human, he'd have long beautiful white hair, and kill anyone who dares ruins it LOL
I can totally see that in front of me XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

methpring
Friend
Friend

Post by methpring » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:50 pm

Finnish Orion 28 was released today!

And we got new info about Masamune's scarf. Yamabiko says that it belonged to their mother, and that Masamune would gone insane without the scarf.
But earlier Masamune's owner Jin'emon said that it was his scarf...

My theory: Jin'emon is Masamune's mother! O_O That explains Masamune's hair...
My Ginga collections:
Team Sirius :sirius:

Limonzy

Post by Limonzy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:54 pm

Plot twist, Jin,emon gave the scarf to Masamune's mother and then she gave it to Masamune! XD
Last edited by Limonzy on Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Limonzy wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:54 pm
Plot twist, Jin,emon gave the scafr to Masamune's mother and then she gave it to Masamune! XD
I go with that. XD
And maybe their mother has some hair on the haid too, that's why their mother got it to begin with when she became part of Kurohabaki and Masamune got it before she died, and the after the mother died, that's also when Masamune took over and their mother would never know.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:40 pm

methpring wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:50 pm

And we got new info about Masamune's scarf. Yamabiko says that it belonged to their mother, and that Masamune would gone insane without the scarf.

Masamune's scarf coming from his parents was already hinted at as early as volume 7, where he refers to it as "the scarf [he] inherited from [his] predecessor". Unless it's legitimately a retcon I assume it just means that Jin'emon originally gave the scarf to Masamune's mother, who then passed it onto her son.

As an aside, that exchange also finally puts to rest the "are Masamune and Yamabiko brothers or half-brothers" fan debate thanks to Yamabiko specifically saying it was their mother's scarf.

Banners and avatar by me

Atha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Atha » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Digsu wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:40 pm
methpring wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:50 pm

Masamune's scarf coming from his parents was already hinted at as early as volume 7, where he refers to it as "the scarf [he] inherited from [his] predecessor". Unless it's legitimately a retcon I assume it just means that Jin'emon originally gave the scarf to Masamune's mother, who then passed it onto her son.

As an aside, that exchange also finally puts to rest the "are Masamune and Yamabiko brothers or half-brothers" fan debate thanks to Yamabiko specifically saying it was their mother's scarf.
If by that he means that she's their biological mom, then that means that Yamabiko isn't purebred?

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:03 pm

Atha wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm
Digsu wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:40 pm

If by that he means that she's their biological mom, then that means that Yamabiko isn't purebred?
Yep. Though judging by the fact that Yamabiko and Terumune look markedly different from the characters confirmed to be purebred Kais, it's entirely possible that the Kurohabaki "Kais" haven't been pure for the past century or two.

Banners and avatar by me

Flanoir
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Flanoir » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:06 pm

Yoshi couldn't be bothered showing us another female character XD Same with Bon's mother.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”