GDW:O General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
User avatar
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin
Posts: 7122
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm
Contact:

GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Arano » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Here you can ask any question you like about GDW:O, and hopefully you'll get an answer from someone!

Can I ask as many questions as I want?
There's no limit to how many questions you can ask, but please remember to not double-post.

If you are going to answer a question:
Please remember to quote their post in your reply if possible.

What if someone's asked a question that's been answered before?
It doesn't matter - you can answer it again or you can quote the previous answer for them.

User avatar
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:49 am

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Marchosias » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:14 am

Is the iga clan still a thing or are they long gone by this point except for Akame

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3124
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Digsu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:22 am

Smith wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:14 am
Is the iga clan still a thing or are they long gone by this point except for Akame
They're still around, at least technically. Akame took all the young Iga pups to human families to keep them safe some time before GNG, but forbade them and their future descendants from becoming ninjas. So some dogs of the Iga clan are still alive, but most of them aren't and never will be ninjas (Shirozaru, Muu, and Rara, whose parents were among the Iga dogs taken in by humans, are the only known exception since they believed that Akame died when the volcano erupted in Ohu and his death would end the ban on them becoming ninjas).



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:49 am

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Marchosias » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:43 am

Digsu wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:22 am
Smith wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:14 am
Is the iga clan still a thing or are they long gone by this point except for Akame
They're still around, at least technically. Akame took all the young Iga pups to human families to keep them safe some time before GNG, but forbade them and their future descendants from becoming ninjas. So some dogs of the Iga clan are still alive, but most of them aren't and never will be ninjas (Shirozaru, Muu, and Rara, whose parents were among the Iga dogs taken in by humans, are the only known exception since they believed that Akame died when the volcano erupted in Ohu and his death would end the ban on them becoming ninjas).
I was actually curious about that since they weren't prevalent in GDW

User avatar
Shiruba
Legend
Legend
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 pm
Location: Grimsby, England

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Shiruba » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:13 am

ok so... I was reading Vol 16 and noticed this panel
qhut.png
I checked the Last Wars too, and all 6 of Jerome's pups are alive until 3 are killed by the bears. Also, all four of Hiro and Reika's pups are also alive
qhut2.png
so is this Yoshi completely forgetting something, a translation error or did the rest of the pups appear later on in GDWO?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RIP Nan February 1929-May 21st 2019. I'll never stop loving you, and I'll never stop missing you. Take care of yourself.

RIP Nanna, I'll never stop loving you either. Look after each other

Image
Image
Banner by Tikikata :D

User avatar
Kasi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4975
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:34 am

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Kasi » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:26 am

They respawned.

I think Yoshi forgot. I'm pretty sure all pups are seen in the last few volumes of Orion, but I'm not sure if there'll be any explanation about why they're all back again.
Image
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW: Volumes 20 and 21 now available!

User avatar
Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator
Posts: 6976
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:04 pm
Location: Canada

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Gingastar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:33 am

I was wondering if he forgot, or maybe he regret it and just decided to change it in hopes people would forget what he previously said, or hoped people would just assume that they were found safe.
Image
Banner by me

Image
Art by RefinedRaven

DeviantArt | Twitter | Tumblr

User avatar
methpring
Friend
Friend
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by methpring » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Maybe, because of the darkness, the dogs couldn't count how many and who's pup were running around, so they came to this conclusion the narrator said by themselves? And when they were released, they just were like 'oh, never mind, all our puppies are alive, dear'.

The best explanation ever! XD
Image
My Ginga collections:
Team Sirius :sirius:

User avatar
Platina
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 1815
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:06 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Platina » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:51 pm

Shiruba wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:13 am
ok so... I was reading Vol 16 and noticed this panel
qhut.png

I checked the Last Wars too, and all 6 of Jerome's pups are alive until 3 are killed by the bears. Also, all four of Hiro and Reika's pups are also aliveqhut2.png
so is this Yoshi completely forgetting something, a translation error or did the rest of the pups appear later on in GDWO?
I realized the same thing. OK Yoshi... :/
Banner by me.

Image

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13784
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Tora » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm

When is Hiro's and Reika's as well as Jerome's and Lydia's pups last showned in GDW:O?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
methpring
Friend
Friend
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by methpring » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 pm

Tora wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm
When is Hiro's and Reika's as well as Jerome's and Lydia's pups last showned in GDW:O?
They are seen quite often around others, and all ten are in the same picture in volume 27, page 175.
Image
My Ginga collections:
Team Sirius :sirius:

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13784
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Tora » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:39 pm

methpring wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 pm
Tora wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm
When is Hiro's and Reika's as well as Jerome's and Lydia's pups last showned in GDW:O?
They are seen quite often around others, and all ten are in the same picture in volume 27, page 175.
I know I at least see Hiro's and Reika's 4 kids in vol 30 page 153 (and might even see them on page 171). I have more of a problem to find Jerome's and Lydia's kids... O.o
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Kasi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4975
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:34 am

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Kasi » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:23 pm

methpring wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:10 pm
Maybe, because of the darkness, the dogs couldn't count how many and who's pup were running around, so they came to this conclusion the narrator said by themselves? And when they were released, they just were like 'oh, never mind, all our puppies are alive, dear'.

The best explanation ever! XD
This is my favourite explanation, I'm agreeing with this XD
Image
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW: Volumes 20 and 21 now available!

User avatar
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:49 am

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Marchosias » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:48 pm

did any of hogens generals appear

User avatar
methpring
Friend
Friend
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by methpring » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 am

Smith wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:48 pm
did any of hogens generals appear
Batto was last seen when Weed and Hougen fought, and Kaito was last seen when Weed gathered dogs against Russian war dogs.
Image
My Ginga collections:
Team Sirius :sirius:

User avatar
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:49 am

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Marchosias » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:30 am

methpring wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 am
Smith wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:48 pm
did any of hogens generals appear
Batto was last seen when Weed and Hougen fought, and Kaito was last seen when Weed gathered dogs against Russian war dogs.
wonder what happened to the surviving ones

User avatar
blivery
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:44 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by blivery » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Smith wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:30 am
methpring wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 am
Smith wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:48 pm
did any of hogens generals appear
Batto was last seen when Weed and Hougen fought, and Kaito was last seen when Weed gathered dogs against Russian war dogs.
wonder what happened to the surviving ones
I can't remember that any of them even survived. Kamakiri died, Sniper died... I'd say that the "less important" characters of Hougen's army got killed in the fight or they just fled when they realized that they don't have a chance against the Ouu army. The only one who's status is unknown is Gon, but he didn't had an important role in the series. But there are also Thunder and Lecter in the Manga version. They just disappeared and were never seen again. Who knows what happened to them. I doubt that we will ever see them again (just like many other characters too) :D

Batto, Kite and Buruge get along with the ouu army in the end. Buruge died in the Russian arc, but battos and kites status is still unknown. They also just disappeared and never came back again , haha :D

User avatar
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:49 am

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Marchosias » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:03 am

blivery wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:00 pm
Smith wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:30 am
methpring wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 am


Batto was last seen when Weed and Hougen fought, and Kaito was last seen when Weed gathered dogs against Russian war dogs.
wonder what happened to the surviving ones
I can't remember that any of them even survived. Kamakiri died, Sniper died... I'd say that the "less important" characters of Hougen's army got killed in the fight or they just fled when they realized that they don't have a chance against the Ouu army. The only one who's status is unknown is Gon, but he didn't had an important role in the series. But there are also Thunder and Lecter in the Manga version. They just disappeared and were never seen again. Who knows what happened to them. I doubt that we will ever see them again (just like many other characters too) :D

Batto, Kite and Buruge get along with the ouu army in the end. Buruge died in the Russian arc, but battos and kites status is still unknown. They also just disappeared and never came back again , haha :D
damn

Iteza00
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:14 am

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Iteza00 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:32 am

So came across this little gem of an image. What exactly is going on here? I know it's not part of the main story but I love bellatrix. Her and the siblings bring bac memories of me my two cousins and older brother because we were exactly like them in personality. :bella: :orion: :rigel: :sirius: Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, returning after a long time. https://pinterest.com/pin/3618361513056 ... pp=android

User avatar
fantachan
Translator
Translator
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:15 pm
Location: Not near you

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by fantachan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:15 am

Iteza00 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:32 am
So came across this little gem of an image. What exactly is going on here? I know it's not part of the main story but I love bellatrix. Her and the siblings bring bac memories of me my two cousins and older brother because we were exactly like them in personality. :bella: :orion: :rigel: :sirius: Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, returning after a long time. https://pinterest.com/pin/3618361513056 ... pp=android
Orion's telling his siblings to grow some balls, and Bellatrix is telling him not to say such nasty things in front of ladies. XD

Post Reply

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”