GDW:O General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Arano »

Here you can ask any question you like about GDW:O, and hopefully you'll get an answer from someone!

Can I ask as many questions as I want?
There's no limit to how many questions you can ask, but please remember to not double-post.

If you are going to answer a question:
Please remember to quote their post in your reply if possible.

What if someone's asked a question that's been answered before?
It doesn't matter - you can answer it again or you can quote the previous answer for them.
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Marchosias »

Is the iga clan still a thing or are they long gone by this point except for Akame
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Smith wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:14 am Is the iga clan still a thing or are they long gone by this point except for Akame
They're still around, at least technically. Akame took all the young Iga pups to human families to keep them safe some time before GNG, but forbade them and their future descendants from becoming ninjas. So some dogs of the Iga clan are still alive, but most of them aren't and never will be ninjas (Shirozaru, Muu, and Rara, whose parents were among the Iga dogs taken in by humans, are the only known exception since they believed that Akame died when the volcano erupted in Ohu and his death would end the ban on them becoming ninjas).

Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Digsu wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:22 am
Smith wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:14 am Is the iga clan still a thing or are they long gone by this point except for Akame
They're still around, at least technically. Akame took all the young Iga pups to human families to keep them safe some time before GNG, but forbade them and their future descendants from becoming ninjas. So some dogs of the Iga clan are still alive, but most of them aren't and never will be ninjas (Shirozaru, Muu, and Rara, whose parents were among the Iga dogs taken in by humans, are the only known exception since they believed that Akame died when the volcano erupted in Ohu and his death would end the ban on them becoming ninjas).
I was actually curious about that since they weren't prevalent in GDW
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

ok so... I was reading Vol 16 and noticed this panel
qhut.png
I checked the Last Wars too, and all 6 of Jerome's pups are alive until 3 are killed by the bears. Also, all four of Hiro and Reika's pups are also alive
qhut2.png
so is this Yoshi completely forgetting something, a translation error or did the rest of the pups appear later on in GDWO?
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

They respawned.

I think Yoshi forgot. I'm pretty sure all pups are seen in the last few volumes of Orion, but I'm not sure if there'll be any explanation about why they're all back again.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

I was wondering if he forgot, or maybe he regret it and just decided to change it in hopes people would forget what he previously said, or hoped people would just assume that they were found safe.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Maybe, because of the darkness, the dogs couldn't count how many and who's pup were running around, so they came to this conclusion the narrator said by themselves? And when they were released, they just were like 'oh, never mind, all our puppies are alive, dear'.

The best explanation ever! XD

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

Shiruba wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:13 am ok so... I was reading Vol 16 and noticed this panel
qhut.png

I checked the Last Wars too, and all 6 of Jerome's pups are alive until 3 are killed by the bears. Also, all four of Hiro and Reika's pups are also aliveqhut2.png
so is this Yoshi completely forgetting something, a translation error or did the rest of the pups appear later on in GDWO?
I realized the same thing. OK Yoshi... :/
Platina wolf by me.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

When is Hiro's and Reika's as well as Jerome's and Lydia's pups last showned in GDW:O?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Tora wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm When is Hiro's and Reika's as well as Jerome's and Lydia's pups last showned in GDW:O?
They are seen quite often around others, and all ten are in the same picture in volume 27, page 175.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

methpring wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 pm
Tora wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm When is Hiro's and Reika's as well as Jerome's and Lydia's pups last showned in GDW:O?
They are seen quite often around others, and all ten are in the same picture in volume 27, page 175.
I know I at least see Hiro's and Reika's 4 kids in vol 30 page 153 (and might even see them on page 171). I have more of a problem to find Jerome's and Lydia's kids... O.o
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

methpring wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:10 pm Maybe, because of the darkness, the dogs couldn't count how many and who's pup were running around, so they came to this conclusion the narrator said by themselves? And when they were released, they just were like 'oh, never mind, all our puppies are alive, dear'.

The best explanation ever! XD
This is my favourite explanation, I'm agreeing with this XD
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

did any of hogens generals appear
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Smith wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:48 pm did any of hogens generals appear
Batto was last seen when Weed and Hougen fought, and Kaito was last seen when Weed gathered dogs against Russian war dogs.

Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

methpring wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 am
Batto was last seen when Weed and Hougen fought, and Kaito was last seen when Weed gathered dogs against Russian war dogs.
wonder what happened to the surviving ones
blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

Smith wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:30 am
I can't remember that any of them even survived. Kamakiri died, Sniper died... I'd say that the "less important" characters of Hougen's army got killed in the fight or they just fled when they realized that they don't have a chance against the Ouu army. The only one who's status is unknown is Gon, but he didn't had an important role in the series. But there are also Thunder and Lecter in the Manga version. They just disappeared and were never seen again. Who knows what happened to them. I doubt that we will ever see them again (just like many other characters too) :D

Batto, Kite and Buruge get along with the ouu army in the end. Buruge died in the Russian arc, but battos and kites status is still unknown. They also just disappeared and never came back again , haha :D
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

blivery wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:00 pm
Smith wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:30 am

I can't remember that any of them even survived. Kamakiri died, Sniper died... I'd say that the "less important" characters of Hougen's army got killed in the fight or they just fled when they realized that they don't have a chance against the Ouu army. The only one who's status is unknown is Gon, but he didn't had an important role in the series. But there are also Thunder and Lecter in the Manga version. They just disappeared and were never seen again. Who knows what happened to them. I doubt that we will ever see them again (just like many other characters too) :D

Batto, Kite and Buruge get along with the ouu army in the end. Buruge died in the Russian arc, but battos and kites status is still unknown. They also just disappeared and never came back again , haha :D
damn
Iteza00
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Iteza00 »

So came across this little gem of an image. What exactly is going on here? I know it's not part of the main story but I love bellatrix. Her and the siblings bring bac memories of me my two cousins and older brother because we were exactly like them in personality. :bella: :orion: :rigel: :sirius: Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, returning after a long time. https://pinterest.com/pin/3618361513056 ... pp=android
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Iteza00 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:32 am So came across this little gem of an image. What exactly is going on here? I know it's not part of the main story but I love bellatrix. Her and the siblings bring bac memories of me my two cousins and older brother because we were exactly like them in personality. :bella: :orion: :rigel: :sirius: Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, returning after a long time. https://pinterest.com/pin/3618361513056 ... pp=android
Orion's telling his siblings to grow some balls, and Bellatrix is telling him not to say such nasty things in front of ladies. XD

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”