How do you think a GDWO anime would be like?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

How do you think a GDWO anime would be like?

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

What would be kept, and what would be changed?

There is certainly gonna be spoilers from the manga in this topic, so please, turn the spoilers into spoilers:)
Have a nice day!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: How do you think a GDWO anime would be like?

Post by Dragon »

Masamune's seppuku would definitely have to be changed LOL Maybe he jumps off a nearby random cliff that comes out of nowhere instead.

Probably Unsai's weird jokes with Orion... the people who read it knows what I'm referring to.

That one kai brother who travels through bears' intestines through their butt. I could be wrong, they could find a way to hint at what he just did without showing the process, buuuttt... can't be super positive about that.

A lot of the unnecessary scenes and characters might get cut, since there's quite a bit of that in this season. Like maybe Heizou's families and scenes in general.

ImageImage
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Assuming it follows after GDW's anime, it could be some sort of retelling of the manga's story, maybe heavily simplified though, because there's a lot of new characters to deal with. I can imagine some characters being removed all together like Tenka and Gennai. There could be retcons as well, such as Jerome having actually survived despite GDW's anime implying otherwise. GB could be mentioned to have died between animes to be loyal to the manga. I honestly feel like Bellatrix would be cut out. :EMPTY:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

JazzyJazz wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:50 pm Assuming it follows after GDW's anime, it could be some sort of retelling of the manga's story, maybe heavily simplified though, because there's a lot of new characters to deal with. I can imagine some characters being removed all together like Tenka and Gennai. There could be retcons as well, such as Jerome having actually survived despite GDW's anime implying otherwise. GB could be mentioned to have died between animes to be loyal to the manga. I honestly feel like Bellatrix would be cut out. :EMPTY:
Oh yeaaaa, Jerome's dead in the anime.... I guess no Lydia or the kids, but not like they added anything sadly.
GDWO is interesting for having lots of other armies and seeing their collision with Masamune, so it'd be sad if Gennai's group got removed, especially since he's pretty important in TLW...strangely.

ImageImage
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Daisuke would probably be cut because he was cut in GDW, despite having a major in the manga.
Though since he has a major scene here, he may be included, but probably he would have to meet Weed for the first time here.
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Dragon wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:01 pm
JazzyJazz wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:50 pm Assuming it follows after GDW's anime, it could be some sort of retelling of the manga's story, maybe heavily simplified though, because there's a lot of new characters to deal with. I can imagine some characters being removed all together like Tenka and Gennai. There could be retcons as well, such as Jerome having actually survived despite GDW's anime implying otherwise. GB could be mentioned to have died between animes to be loyal to the manga. I honestly feel like Bellatrix would be cut out. :EMPTY:
Oh yeaaaa, Jerome's dead in the anime.... I guess no Lydia or the kids, but not like they added anything sadly.
GDWO is interesting for having lots of other armies and seeing their collision with Masamune, so it'd be sad if Gennai's group got removed, especially since he's pretty important in TLW...strangely.
I say Gennai specifically because really, what does he add aside from another Great Pyrenees with a temper? Unless they just do away with Tenka and have him be the boss of a rag-tag bunch of dogs? Idk, the point is, Hiro and his kids could easily fill that role.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

If there were to be a GDWO anime, I believe a reboot/remake of both GNG and GDW anime should be in development for that to happen. The original GNG and GDW anime would not work.

Like I said over on GNG Manga or Anime and GDW Manga or Anime topics, I do prefer a reboot/remake of both anime and see them work almost like the mangas in story and length. Then I think there can be a GDWO, GTLW, and GDN anime that can work almost like the mangas in the same way. I’d even feel good to see an anime of GDR but with more than what the GDR manga has.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Like Spirit Tree said, we might need to see a reboot in GNG and GDW before we get GDW:O, especially (as others have already said) since the GDW anime changes some important things like Jerome dying , but also because the GDW anime only covers the first two arcs, and you would need context for what happened in the arcs between the Hougen arc and GDW:O.

As for if we did ever get a GDW:O anime, I think most of the changes Dragon said would happen. Masamune's seppuku might stay, depending on the studio animating it. After all, GNG does not shy away from certain types of violence the way GDW did, and we have plenty of anime today that shows things that are arguably worse.

But I would think (and HOPE) that the creepy interactions Unsai has toward Orion would be cut.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Wolpard wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:02 pm But I would think (and HOPE) that the creepy interactions Unsai has toward Orion would be cut.
If the studio that worked on it was anything like GDW's, they'd definitely edit it out and put better jokes lol

ImageImage
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I've found the beginning of this animated adaptation of GDWO! It was published sometime two years ago; can't believe that I missed it for this long! It really plays out like an anime pilot for the manga, not going exactly as the first chapter does, but recapping GDW's anime briefly for new viewers.

Unfortunately, it was cancelled due to comments by viewers resulting in the demotivation of the creator, so the actual first episode ends halfway through the video, the rest of it dedicated to an explanation of why it was cancelled. It's common to see this kind of pressure even towards big companies. I'm getting the idea that most of the people commenting were children or teenagers who don't think before they say things, or don't know how to be polite and give actual constructive criticism. I've seen quite a few projects go down because of lack of motivation, stress to hold up to expectations of greatness, and not running at your own pace of what you can achieve as a small cast that's not being paid for work and is doing it in their spare time.

I'd still ask you to give it a watch, since what they have is still really good, despite what people on YouTube say. It's well directed and written, and the voice actors do really good at their jobs for a small, independent project! For those who are out there wanting to make animated series' of their own, don't worry about trying to be as good as XYZ, or feel bad because your work isn't 'professional.' It's your work, and there are definitely people who want to see it for that!

man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Aaaa I love that animation :eyes: Such a shame it got cancelled but it inspires me a lot to practice animation myself :3
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

So I watched that video, and yeah, it's so sad that the user was being pressured by people like that. And she is right. One person alone cannot do things like animation fast. It takes a very long time without a team. And for her to be disrespected like that is very bad.

That reminds me of another animation on YouTube that got cancelled because of the exact same reason. It's called Moon Episode 1 by PaintedSerenity. They planned for a 2nd episode, but because of many people bugging them and pressuring them about Episode 2, they cancelled the project. It really sucked. I was waiting patiently for Episode 2 and looking forward to it because I really loved the animation. Now it's just gone like that because of careless people.

By the way, the same user of the video posted this one as well. It's only about 30 seconds, but this right here seems logical about the mystery of Koushiro. Even in a GDWO anime. Koushiro deserved better than being straight-out forgotten.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

I'd love to see an GDWO anime made from storyboards almost identity matching manga panels, but its a pipe dream.

Tapped out of the video spiritually as soon as I saw Gajou ._. Then again how the hell were the writers supposed to know it hasn't existed since late Hougen arc with how hard it is to find the manga WITHOUT actively joining the fandom. That being said, there was zero reason for the creators to have been harassed so badly by their public. The same public most likely doesn't understand the HUGE team that is needed to make animation, and how the animation itself is actually done overseas for major tv projects. Growing a thick skin is needed but at the same time, I cannot blame the team for halting the project. It's not worth the slander (in their eyes) and that's what bullying does. :tfw_sirius5:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I was thinking about it, and honestly, Jerome's death in the anime is just vague enough that he could still be alive. The fact that what is supposed to be his ghost isn't all green and spooky like the Ohu ghosts could hint that he's lingering around, just from a distance, much like he did in the manga. I don't think the river scene's been translated yet but assuming it goes similarly to the anime, that's another reason as to why Jerome could've survived. So, should a GDWO anime happen (assuming it doesn't pull a GDW anime and make shit up i.e. non-burnt Chourou being buddies with Ohu), I can see Jerome still being around. Maybe it could even begin with the left out arcs. There's so much to speculate and honestly, it's interesting.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

JazzyJazz wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:05 am I was thinking about it, and honestly, Jerome's death in the anime is just vague enough that he could still be alive. The fact that what is supposed to be his ghost isn't all green and spooky like the Ohu ghosts could hint that he's lingering around, just from a distance, much like he did in the manga. I don't think the river scene's been translated yet but assuming it goes similarly to the anime, that's another reason as to why Jerome could've survived. So, should a GDWO anime happen (assuming it doesn't pull a GDW anime and make shit up i.e. non-burnt Chourou being buddies with Ohu), I can see Jerome still being around. Maybe it could even begin with the left out arcs. There's so much to speculate and honestly, it's interesting.

Agreed. I was thinking if it was made they should explain that and other stuff that has happened in between the stories at the start
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

If they were gonna do it, they'd have to retcon the entire GDW anime and start fresh. We'd need the war dogs arc and bear arc to explain new characters and we'd need a redo of the Hougen arc to bring back Jerome. I don't think it'll ever happen but one can dream.
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

Very chaotic
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
sad-machine

Post by sad-machine »

definitely agree theyd have to start fresh. at the very least with GDW. its happened with older animes before like HxH but even so it may even be awhile yet since gdw only came out like 2005...

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”