How do you think a GDWO anime would be like?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

How do you think a GDWO anime would be like?

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Wed May 06, 2020 8:30 pm

What would be kept, and what would be changed?

There is certainly gonna be spoilers from the manga in this topic, so please, turn the spoilers into spoilers:)
Have a nice day!

Dragon
Soldier
Soldier

Re: How do you think a GDWO anime would be like?

Post by Dragon » Wed May 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Masamune's seppuku would definitely have to be changed LOL Maybe he jumps off a nearby random cliff that comes out of nowhere instead.

Probably Unsai's weird jokes with Orion... the people who read it knows what I'm referring to.

That one kai brother who travels through bears' intestines through their butt. I could be wrong, they could find a way to hint at what he just did without showing the process, buuuttt... can't be super positive about that.

A lot of the unnecessary scenes and characters might get cut, since there's quite a bit of that in this season. Like maybe Heizou's families and scenes in general.

JazzyJazz
Comrade
Comrade

Post by JazzyJazz » Wed May 06, 2020 8:50 pm

Assuming it follows after GDW's anime, it could be some sort of retelling of the manga's story, maybe heavily simplified though, because there's a lot of new characters to deal with. I can imagine some characters being removed all together like Tenka and Gennai. There could be retcons as well, such as Jerome having actually survived despite GDW's anime implying otherwise. GB could be mentioned to have died between animes to be loyal to the manga. I honestly feel like Bellatrix would be cut out. :EMPTY:

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

Dragon
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Dragon » Wed May 06, 2020 9:01 pm

JazzyJazz wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:50 pm
Assuming it follows after GDW's anime, it could be some sort of retelling of the manga's story, maybe heavily simplified though, because there's a lot of new characters to deal with. I can imagine some characters being removed all together like Tenka and Gennai. There could be retcons as well, such as Jerome having actually survived despite GDW's anime implying otherwise. GB could be mentioned to have died between animes to be loyal to the manga. I honestly feel like Bellatrix would be cut out. :EMPTY:
Oh yeaaaa, Jerome's dead in the anime.... I guess no Lydia or the kids, but not like they added anything sadly.
GDWO is interesting for having lots of other armies and seeing their collision with Masamune, so it'd be sad if Gennai's group got removed, especially since he's pretty important in TLW...strangely.

WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing » Wed May 06, 2020 9:37 pm

Daisuke would probably be cut because he was cut in GDW, despite having a major in the manga.
Though since he has a major scene here, he may be included, but probably he would have to meet Weed for the first time here.

JazzyJazz
Comrade
Comrade

Post by JazzyJazz » Wed May 06, 2020 9:39 pm

Dragon wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:01 pm
JazzyJazz wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:50 pm
Oh yeaaaa, Jerome's dead in the anime.... I guess no Lydia or the kids, but not like they added anything sadly.
GDWO is interesting for having lots of other armies and seeing their collision with Masamune, so it'd be sad if Gennai's group got removed, especially since he's pretty important in TLW...strangely.
I say Gennai specifically because really, what does he add aside from another Great Pyrenees with a temper? Unless they just do away with Tenka and have him be the boss of a rag-tag bunch of dogs? Idk, the point is, Hiro and his kids could easily fill that role.

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

Spirit Tree
Defender
Defender

Post by Spirit Tree » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:34 pm

If there were to be a GDWO anime, I believe a reboot/remake of both GNG and GDW anime should be in development for that to happen. The original GNG and GDW anime would not work.

Like I said over on GNG Manga or Anime and GDW Manga or Anime topics, I do prefer a reboot/remake of both anime and see them work almost like the mangas in story and length. Then I think there can be a GDWO, GTLW, and GDN anime that can work almost like the mangas in the same way. I’d even feel good to see an anime of GDR but with more than what the GDR manga has.
:mangariki: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel:
:sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon: :izou:
WARNING
Jyoushiro
Physically/sexually assaults puppies & flings feces at dogs! Keep away! Or better, KICK HIS ASS!

Wolpard
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Wolpard » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:02 pm

Like Spirit Tree said, we might need to see a reboot in GNG and GDW before we get GDW:O, especially (as others have already said) since the GDW anime changes some important things like Jerome dying , but also because the GDW anime only covers the first two arcs, and you would need context for what happened in the arcs between the Hougen arc and GDW:O.

As for if we did ever get a GDW:O anime, I think most of the changes Dragon said would happen. Masamune's seppuku might stay, depending on the studio animating it. After all, GNG does not shy away from certain types of violence the way GDW did, and we have plenty of anime today that shows things that are arguably worse.

But I would think (and HOPE) that the creepy interactions Unsai has toward Orion would be cut.

Dragon
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Dragon » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:25 am

Wolpard wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:02 pm
But I would think (and HOPE) that the creepy interactions Unsai has toward Orion would be cut.
If the studio that worked on it was anything like GDW's, they'd definitely edit it out and put better jokes lol

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”