What kind of dog is Tenka?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
rebina

What kind of dog is Tenka?

Post by rebina »

Was so confused since never seen dog breeds like Tenka so wondering :bon3:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: What kind of dog is Tenka?

Post by Arano »

The short answer is that he isn't a breed! In the manga I think it just says his ancestors lived by a toxic volcano(?) which is used to explain his utterly weird appearance. I guess it's like how radioactivity is used in comics to explain superpowers.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Arano wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:11 pm The short answer is that he isn't a breed! In the manga I think it just says his ancestors lived by a toxic volcano(?) which is used to explain his utterly weird appearance. I guess it's like how radioactivity is used in comics to explain superpowers.
It's just said that his ancestors once killed an entire human battalion by luring them into toxic volcanic gases, similar to what Tenka himself does to Masamune's soldiers. I'm pretty sure it's never said it had any effect on them.

I assume Tenka was just designed to be as "unnatural" as possible to make him seem more menacing and/or mysterious. I guess the closest in-universe explanation for his appearance and psychic powers is that he's descended from a ninja dog clan that used to serve the imperial court of Japan, which could imply he's the result of some really bizarre breeding program.

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:27 pm
Arano wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:11 pm The short answer is that he isn't a breed! In the manga I think it just says his ancestors lived by a toxic volcano(?) which is used to explain his utterly weird appearance. I guess it's like how radioactivity is used in comics to explain superpowers.
It's just said that his ancestors once killed an entire human battalion by luring them into toxic volcanic gases, similar to what Tenka himself does to Masamune's soldiers. I'm pretty sure it's never said it had any effect on them.

I assume Tenka was just designed to be as "unnatural" as possible to make him seem more menacing and/or mysterious. I guess the closest in-universe explanation for his appearance and psychic powers is that he's descended from a ninja dog clan that used to serve the imperial court of Japan, which could imply he's the result of some really bizarre breeding program.
I guess I've misremembered, my bad!
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Even though he doesnt have a set breed, I honestly could see him as a mutated Giant Schnauzer kinda :rigel4:
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
rebina

Post by rebina »

Digsu wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:27 pm

SOunds interesting! thank you :tfw_bella2:
Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

My head canon is that there's some distant connection between Tenka and Mukonga. Both had Chinese ancestors, mustaches and some kind of magical powers. Ginga wolves were already crazy looking, Tenka will blend right in, especially if he's not a pure wolf!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

He's probably only a fictional breed. Same as with Koga dogs who are also a fictional breed. But I'm not sure what name Tenka's breed would be since I don't think it was mentioned.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

I always figured he had no breed (e.g mutt) or a fictional one like the kogas

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Ameshibainu

Post by Ameshibainu »

I always thought of him as a fish-dog hybrid with strange psychic powers rather then having a proper breed, haha

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”