Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Raki
Defender
Defender

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Raki » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:15 pm

Dragon wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:14 pm
I was rereading some parts of TLW and for some reason, this scene in chapter 152 really got me. I felt like drawing them as humans helped with the dramatic emphasis, and changed the words a bit.
Sirius witnessing his little brother turning more and more into a dangerous killing machine right before his eyes, farther dividing their chances of reaching a peaceful conclusion together. Tragic 😔

Ohh love the art! So much feels
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Dragon
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Dragon » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:28 pm

Digsu wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:49 pm
I love the art, but I just can't for the life of me take that scene seriously because in it Sirius, without a hint of irony, shows more concern towards a tree than he does towards other dogs for most of the series.

Monsoon murders an innocent dog by ripping his paws off, subjecting him to an extremely slow and painful death? Zero damns or sympathies given. But a tree gets its branches cut off? ohhh nooo poor tree, why would someone do such a thing??
RIGHT? Since the beginning of that chapter starts with that, all I can think is 'lol r u srs' but Orion's abruptness broke me out of the mindset for a second enough to visual this xD
Sirius sometimes (all the time). I swear :tfw_sirius2:
Raki wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:15 pm
Ohh love the art! So much feels
Thank you! ^^

Kasi
Admin
Admin

Post by Kasi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:17 pm

Dragon wrote:
I was rereading some parts of TLW and for some reason, this scene in chapter 152 really got me. I felt like drawing them as humans helped with the dramatic emphasis, and changed the words a bit.
Sirius witnessing his little brother turning more and more into a dangerous killing machine right before his eyes, farther dividing their chances of reaching a peaceful conclusion together. Tragic 😔
This is so good! If only the Ginga manga could display emotion like this, I think the style of the dogs is a bit challenging to read expression most of the time.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!

Dragon
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Dragon » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:33 am

Kasi wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:17 pm
Dragon wrote:
This is so good! If only the Ginga manga could display emotion like this, I think the style of the dogs is a bit challenging to read expression most of the time.
I know :tfw_orion1: It's like I can sometimes get a hint of it, but not always. I can only imagine the faces Yukimura would have made during his arc and saying crazy stuff like 'you ate that kid's parents'.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”