G:TLW General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Wolpard
Fighter
Fighter

Re: G:TLW General Questions Topic

Post by Wolpard » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:40 pm

Gingaddict wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:34 pm
Does anyone have any theories to why Monsoon wanted to kill Gin if he was the one who saved him from John all those years ago?

I mean does Monsoon know that was Gin or is there more to it than that?
I dont recall him ever realizing exactly who Gin was, but considering Gin did kill his father I think he would care.

Also Gin was a lot older so he wasn't as recognizable, as opposed to Sirius who essentially looks the same but is still young like how Monsoon would have remembered Gin.

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 pm

Gingaddict wrote:
Does anyone have any theories to why Monsoon wanted to kill Gin if he was the one who saved him from John all those years ago?

Monsoon was never saved by Gin. You are thinking of the bear cubs Gin tried to save when he was a puppy. The bear cubs (including Monsoon) that were attacked by John were a different group.

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:40 pm

Regnant wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 pm
Gingaddict wrote:

Monsoon was never saved by Gin. You are thinking of the bear cubs Gin tried to save when he was a puppy. The bear cubs (including Monsoon) that were attacked by John were a different group.
Yes, he was. John almost caught Monsoon after killing his siblings and mother, but Gin stopped him.

Despite this, Monsoon wanted to kill Gin because he killed Akakabuto. It's said that he got flashbacks to Gin saving him when he saw Sirius, but not when seeing Gin or Weed, because "Sirius's eyes reminded him of young Gin's". afaik how he knew Gin was the dog who killed his father but couldn't remember he'd saved his life once (he recognizes him by his scars when looking for the main dog to kill, so he knows what he looks like) is never really explained. Also I'm pretty sure he never once really acknowledges the fact that Gin did save him aside from the couple flashbacks to him doing it, which occur in scenes that have nothing to do with Gin and only serve as an excuse for Monsoon not wanting to kill Sirius on sight like most dogs.

So basically, no good reason, just crappy writing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Banners and avatar by me

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:10 pm

Digsu wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:40 pm
Regnant wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 pm
Gingaddict wrote:

Yes, he was. John almost caught Monsoon after killing his siblings and mother, but Gin stopped him.

Despite this, Monsoon wanted to kill Gin because he killed Akakabuto. It's said that he got flashbacks to Gin saving him when he saw Sirius, but not when seeing Gin or Weed, because "Sirius's eyes reminded him of young Gin's". afaik how he knew Gin was the dog who killed his father but couldn't remember he'd saved his life once (he recognizes him by his scars when looking for the main dog to kill, so he knows what he looks like) is never really explained. Also I'm pretty sure he never once really acknowledges the fact that Gin did save him aside from the couple flashbacks to him doing it, which occur in scenes that have nothing to do with Gin and only serve as an excuse for Monsoon not wanting to kill Sirius on sight like most dogs.

So basically, no good reason, just crappy writing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh whoops I must have missed that. I only recall that flashback in the first chapter, forgot it happened again.

Kaiken
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Kaiken » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:45 pm

How did Musashi loose his eye?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YAMATO4EVER

Shining Sirius
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Shining Sirius » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Kaiken wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:45 pm
Fighting Bozlef's soldiers in GDW. :bozlef:
:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :akatora: :moss: :akame: :benizakura: :terry: :mangahakuro: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :mel: :hook: :jerome: :kaibutsu: :reika: :toube: :saheiji: :gdwokotetsu: :sirius: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :noah: :lonelyron: :bull:

Kaiken
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Kaiken » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:20 pm

Shining Sirius wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:48 pm
Kaiken wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:45 pm
Fighting Bozlef's soldiers in GDW. :bozlef:
Thanks!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YAMATO4EVER

Gingaddict
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gingaddict » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:17 am

Here's another - How did Orion get those scratches over his face? is that ever revealed or are they just there when he becomes an adult?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Kasi
Admin
Admin

Post by Kasi » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:27 am

They just appeared, from the time gap between the end of GDWO and TLW.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!

Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:54 am

We can only guess he got them while training in the Akame mountains, and that they're here to showcase his still harsh nature in adulthood.

Atha
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Atha » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:24 pm

The young ninja dogs fought the Hybrid bear but I can't remember them fighting here, what happened?
icon by azzai

YamaDora
Friend
Friend

Post by YamaDora » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:34 pm

Atha wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:24 pm
The young ninja dogs fought the Hybrid bear but I can't remember them fighting here, what happened?
They just disappeared after the hybrid arc. They potentially died in the eruption, but the most likely answer is "Takahashi forgot".

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:58 pm

YamaDora wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:34 pm
Atha wrote:
They just disappeared after the hybrid arc. They potentially died in the eruption, but the most likely answer is "Takahashi forgot".
They were seen in GDWO, so they (or at least some of them) did survive the eruption.

Which admittedly only makes their sudden disappearance between GDWO and TLW even more noticeable. :tfw_bella1:

Banners and avatar by me

Atha
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Atha » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:20 pm

Digsu wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:58 pm
YamaDora wrote:
Atha wrote:
They were seen in GDWO, so they (or at least some of them) did survive the eruption.

Which admittedly only makes their sudden disappearance between GDWO and TLW even more noticeable. :tfw_bella1:
Yeah! I remember them when Masamune appears very late in GDWO raws, so I was wondering wtf happened and they aren't anywhere to be found to fight Monsopon's bears since they HAVE experience fighting bears with the Hybrid now...
icon by azzai

Kaiken
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Kaiken » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:21 pm

Atha wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:20 pm
Digsu wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:58 pm
YamaDora wrote:

Yeah! I remember them when Masamune appears very late in GDWO raws, so I was wondering wtf happened and they aren't anywhere to be found to fight Monsopon's bears since they HAVE experience fighting bears with the Hybrid now...
Maybe they were between the first casualties of the ''last'' wars.
Favorites:
YAMATO4EVER

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”