G:TLW General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Wolpard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: G:TLW General Questions Topic

Post by Wolpard » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:40 pm

Gingaddict wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:34 pm
Does anyone have any theories to why Monsoon wanted to kill Gin if he was the one who saved him from John all those years ago?

I mean does Monsoon know that was Gin or is there more to it than that?
I dont recall him ever realizing exactly who Gin was, but considering Gin did kill his father I think he would care.

Also Gin was a lot older so he wasn't as recognizable, as opposed to Sirius who essentially looks the same but is still young like how Monsoon would have remembered Gin.

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 pm

Gingaddict wrote:
Does anyone have any theories to why Monsoon wanted to kill Gin if he was the one who saved him from John all those years ago?

Monsoon was never saved by Gin. You are thinking of the bear cubs Gin tried to save when he was a puppy. The bear cubs (including Monsoon) that were attacked by John were a different group.

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:40 pm

Regnant wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 pm
Gingaddict wrote:

Monsoon was never saved by Gin. You are thinking of the bear cubs Gin tried to save when he was a puppy. The bear cubs (including Monsoon) that were attacked by John were a different group.
Yes, he was. John almost caught Monsoon after killing his siblings and mother, but Gin stopped him.

Despite this, Monsoon wanted to kill Gin because he killed Akakabuto. It's said that he got flashbacks to Gin saving him when he saw Sirius, but not when seeing Gin or Weed, because "Sirius's eyes reminded him of young Gin's". afaik how he knew Gin was the dog who killed his father but couldn't remember he'd saved his life once (he recognizes him by his scars when looking for the main dog to kill, so he knows what he looks like) is never really explained. Also I'm pretty sure he never once really acknowledges the fact that Gin did save him aside from the couple flashbacks to him doing it, which occur in scenes that have nothing to do with Gin and only serve as an excuse for Monsoon not wanting to kill Sirius on sight like most dogs.

So basically, no good reason, just crappy writing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Banners and avatar by me

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:10 pm

Digsu wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:40 pm
Regnant wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 pm
Gingaddict wrote:

Yes, he was. John almost caught Monsoon after killing his siblings and mother, but Gin stopped him.

Despite this, Monsoon wanted to kill Gin because he killed Akakabuto. It's said that he got flashbacks to Gin saving him when he saw Sirius, but not when seeing Gin or Weed, because "Sirius's eyes reminded him of young Gin's". afaik how he knew Gin was the dog who killed his father but couldn't remember he'd saved his life once (he recognizes him by his scars when looking for the main dog to kill, so he knows what he looks like) is never really explained. Also I'm pretty sure he never once really acknowledges the fact that Gin did save him aside from the couple flashbacks to him doing it, which occur in scenes that have nothing to do with Gin and only serve as an excuse for Monsoon not wanting to kill Sirius on sight like most dogs.

So basically, no good reason, just crappy writing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh whoops I must have missed that. I only recall that flashback in the first chapter, forgot it happened again.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”