Will there ever be an anime on GDWO and GTLW?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Mr Charisma
Potential
Potential

Will there ever be an anime on GDWO and GTLW?

Post by Mr Charisma » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:37 am

Will they ever consider it??Also a remake of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin isn't a bad choice either considering it wasn't as popular as it should have been in 1986.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!

Spirit Tree
Upholder
Upholder

Re: Will there ever be an anime on GDWO and GTLW?

Post by Spirit Tree » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:06 pm

Like I said over on a topic in the GDWO section, I believe a reboot/remake of the GNG and GDW anime should be in development to then hopefully have a GDWO anime and also a TLW and GDN anime because the original GNG and GDW anime would not work out. A GNG and GDW anime reboot/remake should work just about the same way as the mangas in story and length. Then there can be GDWO, TLW, and GDN anime that should work just about the same way as the mangas in story and length. And that also means that characters that didn’t appear in the original GDW anime (like George and Daisuke) should appear in a reboot/remake.

And I hope all of this should be in consideration in the future.
:mangariki: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel:
:sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :izou:

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:50 pm

Unfortunately most anime being made is of something that is popular at the current time, hence why you often see new manga chapters coming out at the same time as anime episodes. Old series being made into new animes is very rare.

Ginga unfortunately isn't all that popular in terms of other big series out now. Anime is expensive and risky. Even a remake is iffy, especially because the story is antiquated, and it'd still take basically the same amount of time/cost as a new anime.

As much as I'd love to see it happen, there's a 99% chance it won't :/

Raki
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Raki » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:40 pm

I really hope that they'll make it in future.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

YamaDora
Friend
Friend

Post by YamaDora » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:51 pm

The only way I could see new Ginga animation becoming reality is if it wasn't made in Japan - same way we've gotten new Ginga merchandise thanks to PurePlastic (essentially created by fans themselves), maybe fans could try and organise an actual, professional animation studio to create more animated Ginga.

It's just really my pipe dream, though, and nothing very realistic at all. But hey, a guy can dream, right? :'P

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:54 pm

YamaDora wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:51 pm
The only way I could see new Ginga animation becoming reality is if it wasn't made in Japan - same way we've gotten new Ginga merchandise thanks to PurePlastic (essentially created by fans themselves), maybe fans could try and organise an actual, professional animation studio to create more animated Ginga.

It's just really my pipe dream, though, and nothing very realistic at all. But hey, a guy can dream, right? :'P
Finnish anime would be really fun to see!!!

YamaDora
Friend
Friend

Post by YamaDora » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:18 pm

Regnant wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:54 pm
YamaDora wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:51 pm

Finnish anime would be really fun to see!!!
Or just Finnish animation, because anime means Japanese animation (at least outside of Japan). :surprisegin:
I was thinking of more that it could be an international project considering how small the fandom is - and there really isn't animation industry in Finland. If someone were to organise such a project, I'd be more than happy to contribute in some art department stuff (I'd be good at doing concept art and backgrounds, animating and dogs aren't really my thing).

Gingaddict
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gingaddict » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:09 pm

I too would like an anime but I kinda wish it would ditch some things from Ginga Orion so it doesn't look too complicated and jumping around too much. Seriously I will not mind if some of the characters get erased but there's alot to keep track of as well as alot of filler plot!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Wolpard
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Wolpard » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:30 pm

My only real hope of seeing a new Ginga anime comes from the fact we got a Stage Play, though I'm not sure how popular it was. I would imagine we would see a reboot of GNG before we got to GDW:O or any other later series.

Or like YamaDora said... maybe a Finnish cartoon?

Leomonade
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Leomonade » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:53 pm

Anime was born to be and is still majorly used to promote something. They started as toy commercials and now are mainly used to draw attention to manga/novel that is being adapted... I'm not sure there are enough people ready to put money on a such gamble like Ginga since it is very likely the money invested to an anime series would not be made back... sadly... A story would need to be quite heavily edited to fit todays standards and appeal to a wider audience. It would a very big task but the only one I see could pull it off or even try is netflix.
Image Image

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”