G:TLW General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Punjab
Soldier
Soldier

Re: G:TLW General Questions Topic

Post by Punjab »

I haven't been following the series for years. What is The Last Wars?? How did Orion's series end? Is Weed still alive? :THOT: Wtf is going on?
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Welcome back Punjab!
Has it been that many years? Wow, times goes by fast.

Someone else can probably do a much better summary than I, but basically:

The Orion series ends in a pretty standard way. Masamune is defeated and commits senpaku himself.
The Last Wars is about a huge descendant bear of Akakabuto, who attacks the dogs in Futago Pass early on in the series, killing a few well known characters and badly wounding just about everyone. The majority of the manga then consists of the conflict between Orion and Sirius who both have drastically different views on how to deal with the bear threat.
Weed is still alive (and finally has his adult eyes), he takes a back seat in the narrative so far though, Gin has a more prominent role.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Punjab wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:11 am I haven't been following the series for years. What is The Last Wars?? How did Orion's series end? Is Weed still alive? :THOT: Wtf is going on?
GDWO ended with the big bad defeated and all the Ohu dogs returned home. oh and Weed threatened to disown and exile Orion out for wanting to kill a power-hungry mass murderer who ended up ripping his own guts out, the usual.

As for TLW, it turns out that Akakabuto had a bunch of kids we didn't know about, led by Monsoon :monsoon: , who's as big as his dad, roughly twice as mean, and has one massive arm for the heck of it. The series begins with them invading Ohu, killing a bunch of dogs (including Lydia, Jaguar, and Musashi), and imprisoning the others. The GDWO generation then comes to rescue them.

There's also Bob :bob:, a mutt who was found by Monsoon as a puppy and raised as his personal chew toy. Bob is a bit shaken from a lifetime of abuse (and witnessing his siblings get brutally tortured and eaten by Monsoon) but serves as a translator between dogs and bears.

Also Shion/Zion :zion: from that one Gaiden story is also in there. It turns out he's Riki's great-grandson like Orion and sibs and also he can talk to bears because he apparently befriended some at some point? Don't ask, it's never elaborated on.

At the moment the main conflict is coming from Orion, who wants to kill Monsoon, and Sirius, who is doing his damnedest to form an alliance between the dogs and Monsoon, with the rest of the Ohu army currently preparing to attack Monsoon's territory and kill him. Between Orion being a bit too murderous for his own good and Sirius generally being an asshole to anyone who doesn't agree with his insane peace mission, nobody really knows which one we're supposed to be rooting for.

And then there's Chibi :bearchibi: , an Asian black bear cub whose mother was killed by Monsoon and who was then "adopted" by Sirius and Shion, who taught him to speak some Dog. The other dogs are understandably a bit wary of him and the recent revelation that he's another descendant of Akakabuto's isn't helping. He's also adorable.

As for Weed, he took a nasty hit from one of Akakabuto's kids at the beginning of the series, but he's okay (and still scarless) now.

Punjab
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Punjab »

Thank you both so much!! I just now saw we have a fancy Silver Fang online reader so I'm definitely gonna eye that up. So bummed that Lydia died wtf lol. Since she's my rank icon and I came back from the dead MAYBE IT'S AN OMEN??? You heard it here first guys, zombie Lydia 2018. Mark your calendars.

Has Jerome been seen anywhere, or their pups? I litcherally can't remember anymore who lived and who died. Was Joe confirmed to be dead? I know the last time I saw him he like, drowned in a river or something? And we were all debating whether he really did have the most bland anti-climactic death or if it was a fake-out by Yoshi haha.

I think it's so cool that the focus shifted to Orion vs. Sirius and am looking forward to more updates!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Punjab wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:46 am Thank you both so much!! I just now saw we have a fancy Silver Fang online reader so I'm definitely gonna eye that up. So bummed that Lydia died wtf lol. Since she's my rank icon and I came back from the dead MAYBE IT'S AN OMEN??? You heard it here first guys, zombie Lydia 2018. Mark your calendars.

Has Jerome been seen anywhere, or their pups? I litcherally can't remember anymore who lived and who died. Was Joe confirmed to be dead? I know the last time I saw him he like, drowned in a river or something? And we were all debating whether he really did have the most bland anti-climactic death or if it was a fake-out by Yoshi haha.

I think it's so cool that the focus shifted to Orion vs. Sirius and am looking forward to more updates!
Three of Jerome and Lydia's pups were killed by Akakabuto's kids. Two of them, Maru and Sunny, are with the Ohu dogs right now, while a third, Tonov, is currently MIA with Reika and her kids. We haven't seen them in many volumes and nobody knows where they are or what they're doing right now. Jerome himself is mostly standing in the background and occasionally butting heads with Orion these days.

Joe was confirmed dead in an interview a few years back.

Punjab
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Punjab »

Digsu wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:50 amJoe was confirmed dead in an interview a few years back.
:surprisegin: :surprisegin: :surprisegin:
WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED. Oh well rest in pieces Joe-san

Thanks Digsu!
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Where ever are Reika and her pups (and Tovnov)?
As far as I can remember, they met Gennai at some point, but now Gennai hangs around Sirius and Orion so where Reika went from thet point?
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Troll Berserker wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:41 pm Where ever are Reika and her pups (and Tovnov)?
As far as I can remember, they met Gennai at some point, but now Gennai hangs around Sirius and Orion so where Reika went from thet point?
Actually, they med Sanada Unsai and his pack. We haven't seen or heard of them since.
zj
Adviser
Adviser

Post by zj »

I haven't really been up to date with this series, but it is fully completed now, right? Has there been any word on a new Ginga series in the works?
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

zj wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:14 pm I haven't really been up to date with this series, but it is fully completed now, right? Has there been any word on a new Ginga series in the works?
When TLW ended, there was a text that said there will be a new series from Takahashi coming. No word about it being related to Ginga, however.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I'm suddenly a bit confused about where the final few chapters take place in TLW. I've read all of Fanta's translations up-to-date and it says that Monsoon went back to his territory in Shirakami sometime after Sirius and Zion got to know him, but the only 'Shirikami' I can find in Japan is a prefecture on Hokkaido... did I miss something? Or did Yoshi just leave out the Ohu army swimming across the sea to Hokkaido? :/
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Shining Sirius wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:50 pm I'm suddenly a bit confused about where the final few chapters take place in TLW. I've read all of Fanta's translations up-to-date and it says that Monsoon went back to his territory in Shirakami sometime after Sirius and Zion got to know him, but the only 'Shirikami' I can find in Japan is a prefecture on Hokkaido... did I miss something? Or did Yoshi just leave out the Ohu army swimming across the sea to Hokkaido? :/
Monsoon is in Shirakami mountains (Shirakami-Sanchi) in Honshu.
(green dot in the map)

Seems like the area is actually part of the Akita prefecture where the Futago pass and Ohu army are. Well, it would have been weird if Akakabuto's offsprings would have wandered far away without being spotted. The Ohu army and Monsoon are pretty much next door neighbors! XD
Image Image
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Shining Sirius wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:50 pm I'm suddenly a bit confused about where the final few chapters take place in TLW. I've read all of Fanta's translations up-to-date and it says that Monsoon went back to his territory in Shirakami sometime after Sirius and Zion got to know him, but the only 'Shirikami' I can find in Japan is a prefecture on Hokkaido... did I miss something? Or did Yoshi just leave out the Ohu army swimming across the sea to Hokkaido? :/
What I find of Shirakami is this place:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirakami-Sanchi
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Limonzy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:12 pm Monsoon is in Shirakami mountains (Shirakami-Sanchi) in Honshu.
(green dot in the map)

Seems like the area is right next to Akita where the Futago pass and Ohu army are. Well, it would have been weird if Akakabuto's offsprings would have wandered far away without being spotted. The Ohu army and Monsoon are pretty much next door neighbors! XD
Oh, I see! X_X
Thank you for pointing this out, Limonzy! I never realised that their territories are so close either. You're totally right - Monsoon and his kin were pretty lucky to go undetected for so long at such close range, and with the sheer amount of dogs always roaming wild too. Oh, and especially considering the unnatural age of the Ohu soldiers and apparently the bears too, since Monsoon's canon age must've been about 34 when he died.

And thank you, Tora, for your input as well. :)
Aram

Post by Aram »

Last Wars volume 3:

One of Hiro's boys is called Kinta, it's the second time that name is mentioned. So the name is Kinta or error?

Sorry, the picture is in Finnish. I can't translate it in English :EXCITE:
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Aram wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:34 am Last Wars volume 3:

One of Hiro's boys is called Kinta, it's the second time that name is mentioned. So the name is Kinta or error?

Sorry, the picture is in Finnish. I can't translate it in English :EXCITE:
His only named ones are Kin and Tama, so probably an error.
Done.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Did Gin get back his sight?
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Raki wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:36 am Did Gin get back his sight?
Yes, Gin had his cataracts fixed by Hidetoshi. :)
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:48 am
Raki wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:36 am Did Gin get back his sight?
Yes, Gin had his cataracts fixed by Hidetoshi. :)
Ohh is that so? Thanks! 😊
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Does anyone have any theories to why Monsoon wanted to kill Gin if he was the one who saved him from John all those years ago?

I mean does Monsoon know that was Gin or is there more to it than that?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”