G:TLW General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Re: G:TLW General Questions Topic

Post by fantachan »

Spirit Tree wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:56 am
fantachan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:26 am
Spirit Tree wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:06 am
One year? I don’t think I have read that part yet, but one year?

Wait a minute...
*Looks at Orion’s page on Ginga Wiki*
It still says that Orion is about 1 year old at the beginning of TLW and about 1 1/2 years old at the ending. Same with his siblings and friends. It even says that Orion is about 2 years old at the beginning of GDN.

I’m not against your idea or anything, but if TLW took place 1 year over in the Spring after GDWO’s ending, Orion and his siblings and friends would be about 1 1/2 years old at the start and then about 2 1/2 years at the ending. Then Orion and his friends and remaining siblings would be 3 years old at GDN’s beginning.

But in your case of Orion and siblings being at the Akame Mountains with the intention to train for a year, I think they were going to do that for a year, but it got cut short in about 2-3 months after the news about Monsoon and his minions invading Ou Paradise.

Here’s this Wikipedia page to provide an evidence.
It’s under “Other Series.” And it also says that TLW took place 6 months after GDWO’s events, which I still don’t believe.

I’m sticking with my idea, but Yoshi made the timeline issue between GDWO and TLW so tough to analyze that I almost don’t know what to believe. :EMPTY:
The Ginga Wikipedia tends to post inaccurate information, but I can guarantee you that it's been about 1 year after the events of GDWO. It was mentioned in the very first chapter in TLW. (I would know, I translated it...)

EDIT: Weird... It also says in the first volume that it's been half a year since the siblings have seen Yamabiko. Don't know if that counts towards the timeline or anything...
Okay now I see them. I actually did read Volume 1 a long time ago. Just forgot about that part.

Narration says that Orion and siblings traveled to Akame Mountains to train for 1 year. Maybe they did intend to train for 1 year but got cut a few months short? And I just looked at Sirius’s quote on not seeing Yamabiko for half a year after seeing your edit.

Yeah, I don’t know. Like I said, the timeline between GDWO and TLW is tough to analyze because of that issue. I would like my original idea to be true, but like I said, it’s only my perspective. It’s up to you and others on what you choose.
Personally I think TLW taking place 1 year later makes more sense. Like you said in one of your previous posts, if the arc took place 6 months after GDWO, TLW would have started around September (early Fall). The rainy battle against Monsoon ended in June (Summer), so unless the beginning of TLW through that battle took place within the span of 9 months, TLW starting 6 months after GDWO makes little sense.

Though it is possible that the siblings' 1 year training was cut short by Akame's arrival... and it's also possible that they've seen Yamabiko at least some point within that year...

...I dunno. Like I posted in the Meme thread:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

fantachan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:10 am
Spirit Tree wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:56 am
fantachan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:26 am

The Ginga Wikipedia tends to post inaccurate information, but I can guarantee you that it's been about 1 year after the events of GDWO. It was mentioned in the very first chapter in TLW. (I would know, I translated it...)

EDIT: Weird... It also says in the first volume that it's been half a year since the siblings have seen Yamabiko. Don't know if that counts towards the timeline or anything...
Okay now I see them. I actually did read Volume 1 a long time ago. Just forgot about that part.

Narration says that Orion and siblings traveled to Akame Mountains to train for 1 year. Maybe they did intend to train for 1 year but got cut a few months short? And I just looked at Sirius’s quote on not seeing Yamabiko for half a year after seeing your edit.

Yeah, I don’t know. Like I said, the timeline between GDWO and TLW is tough to analyze because of that issue. I would like my original idea to be true, but like I said, it’s only my perspective. It’s up to you and others on what you choose.
Personally I think TLW taking place 1 year later makes more sense. Like you said in one of your previous posts, if the arc took place 6 months after GDWO, TLW would have started around September (early Fall). The rainy battle against Monsoon ended in June (Summer), so unless the beginning of TLW through that battle took place within the span of 9 months, TLW starting 6 months after GDWO makes little sense.

Though it is possible that the siblings' 1 year training was cut short by Akame's arrival... and it's also possible that they've seen Yamabiko at least some point within that year...

...I dunno. Like I posted in the Meme thread:
OMG, that meme is perfectly accurate! LMAO! XD
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

The sad thing is... We see Orion, Sirius and Rigel all grown up at the end of GDW:O
They are in Ohu too and are seen by Daisuke... So... the timelines are a mess.
And if I remember correctly, the time Daisuke goes to see them, it's either spring or summer lol
Image Image
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

When it comes to size, a 1 year old dog, while small and thin, does look a lot like adult and barely grows any taller. If Orion was 5 months old by the end of GDWO (because it's hard to believe that tiny dog could be full 6 months), then size-wise he absolutely could be that large by 12 or 11 months of age.
Here's a 1 year old Japanese akita:
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
GrandxSummoner
Recruit
Recruit

Post by GrandxSummoner »

Hmmm.
Last edited by GrandxSummoner on Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Does anyone know why Orion's fur is white in The Last Wars? I haven't finished GDWO so I don't know if this change started at the end of the manga, but I didn't recognize him at first! In fact, I think even Reika lost her brown colors in the first few chapters, after she and the children escape Paradise after Monsoon's first attack. I'm used to seeing him with some orange, or a shade that's supposed to be orange. On the covers, he still has it, but so far (I'm on chapter 54) it seems to not be there. At a glance, he looks nearly identical to Zion...
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Bluey_Madison wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:38 pm Does anyone know why Orion's fur is white in The Last Wars? I haven't finished GDWO so I don't know if this change started at the end of the manga, but I didn't recognize him at first! In fact, I think even Reika lost her brown colors in the first few chapters, after she and the children escape Paradise after Monsoon's first attack. I'm used to seeing him with some orange, or a shade that's supposed to be orange. On the covers, he still has it, but so far (I'm on chapter 54) it seems to not be there. At a glance, he looks nearly identical to Zion...
It's just poor scan quality making him look white. This is how he actually looks like in TLW.

Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Digsu wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:54 pm
Bluey_Madison wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:38 pm Does anyone know why Orion's fur is white in The Last Wars? I haven't finished GDWO so I don't know if this change started at the end of the manga, but I didn't recognize him at first! In fact, I think even Reika lost her brown colors in the first few chapters, after she and the children escape Paradise after Monsoon's first attack. I'm used to seeing him with some orange, or a shade that's supposed to be orange. On the covers, he still has it, but so far (I'm on chapter 54) it seems to not be there. At a glance, he looks nearly identical to Zion...
It's just poor scan quality making him look white. This is how he actually looks like in TLW.

Oh, okay, thank you!
man-faced dog
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Yea, this is why I can't read TLW properly. We desperately need better quality scans for TLW volumes 1-12. The quality gets better on volume 13, but until then it's just terrible. I have hard time understanding what's happening and everything looks so ugly Dx I never thought scan quality can have such high importance before. :o
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:36 pm
Yea, this is why I can't read TLW properly. We desperately need better quality scans for TLW volumes 1-12. The quality gets better on volume 13, but until then it's just terrible. I have hard time understanding what's happening and everything looks so ugly Dx I never thought scan quality can have such high importance before. :o
I'll just have to keep going, then. I've got books one and two, I'll have to look online for the rest of them. Then again, I'm finding myself agreeing with all the people who said that the art style has taken a downward turn...I got a few funny Akame faces

He just looks so....done with everything
man-faced dog
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Bluey_Madison wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:57 pm
I'll just have to keep going, then. I've got books one and two, I'll have to look online for the rest of them. Then again, I'm finding myself agreeing with all the people who said that the art style has taken a downward turn...I got a few funny Akame faces

Poor Akame, he needs a rest!
Yea the art is not as good as it was in GDWO, but I'm thinking the bad quality is also responsible for art looking bad sometimes, through not all of it of course.
Favorites:
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:07 pm
Bluey_Madison wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Poor Akame, he needs a rest!
Yea the art is not as good as it was in GDWO, but I'm thinking the bad quality is also responsible for art looking bad sometimes, through not all of it of course.
In any case, I'm just going to finish my first read-through so that I can move on to Noah - Hyena was one of my favorite characters from GNG, and I don't want to spoil anything for myself. It'll be nice to finally catch up.
man-faced dog
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Why the hell will Sirius hesitate to fight a giant dog eating bear who basically killed half his family, but immediately jump in to fight Orion when he challenges him?
Seems he got his priorities in check...
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Cuz he’s a dumbass, lol. He’s so up his own ass about being “kind and loving” that he’d literally put actual murderers over his own kind.
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

JazzyJazz wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:31 pm Cuz he’s a dumbass, lol. He’s so up his own ass about being “kind and loving” that he’d literally put actual murderers over his own kind.
for reallll, man ever since he put the kamakiri bros in front of his own family... Orion has every right to be screaming at him lol
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

kahooton wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:58 pm Why the hell will Sirius hesitate to fight a giant dog eating bear who basically killed half his family, but immediately jump in to fight Orion when he challenges him?
What scene do you mean? During the first fight against Monsoon Sirius sees that battle is hopeless and tries to stop everyone. I honestly can't remember when Sirius attacked Orion during TLW.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Uru wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:19 pm
kahooton wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:58 pm Why the hell will Sirius hesitate to fight a giant dog eating bear who basically killed half his family, but immediately jump in to fight Orion when he challenges him?
What scene do you mean? During the first fight against Monsoon Sirius sees that battle is hopeless and tries to stop everyone. I honestly can't remember when Sirius attacked Orion during TLW.
My guess would be the end of volume 18, where Sirius more or less challenges Orion into a fight himself by saying he has to "teach [him] a lesson" and asks him not to bear a grudge for him doing so.

Granted, the fight itself mostly consists of Orion going berserk while Sirius just stands there, but he did seem pretty eager to challenge him.

I could be wrong, though.

kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Digsu wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:59 pm
Uru wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:19 pm
My guess would be the end of volume 18, where Sirius more or less challenges Orion into a fight himself by saying he has to "teach [him] a lesson" and asks him not to bear a grudge for him doing so.

Granted, the fight itself mostly consists of Orion going berserk while Sirius just stands there, but he did seem pretty eager to challenge him.

I could be wrong, though.
Yeah, I think I wrote this after that scene or it was when he tackled or blocked Orion from attacking Monsoon which triggered even more fighting :tfw_rigel2:
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I mean... to be fair, the very first time Sirius meets and sees Monsoon he is able to negotiate and get the bodies of his fallen friends from the bears. So in his mind, of course negitiation is possible when he succeeds on the first try.
Also the other option was to go along with the dumbest plan ever... to launch an all out suicide attack on a bear when their fangs weren't even able to penetrate the bear's skin..
Too bab Sirius took his facifist ideals too far.. way too far in fact. But can't really blame him or Orion for being nut cases when nobody bothered to raise them right lol
Traumatized kids don't make for great leaders hahaha.
Image Image
Nate

Post by Nate »

i think they are

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”