Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Shiruba »

Thanks Fanta :)
Orion's impatience really shows here, he's like a kid who wants to go to a theme park but his dad keeps saying no XD
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Orion's so impatience, and Weed treally needed to remind then HE'S the leader. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

FINALLY Weed said he was the leader. Orion needs to learn his place

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

As much as Orion seems to be purely motivated by hatred and vengeance at this point, at least he's showing enough restraint to wait for the oldies and even acknowledge Weed being the leader, even if he does it all through clenched teeth.

I hope it indicates that he's not a completely lost cause yet.

Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Thank you Fanta!

Why are all the cool scenes in TLW always Just A Dream..?

And man, Orion is an adult, it is almost the end of the series and he STILL throws a tantrum when someone says something reasonable. He really planned to take down Monsoon by himself and a couple of youngsters... Riki 2.0 everyone.
icon by azzai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Atha wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:27 pm And man, Orion is an adult, it is almost the end of the series and he STILL throws a tantrum when someone says something reasonable. He really planned to take down Monsoon by himself and a couple of youngsters... Riki 2.0 everyone.
I mean... Knowing how the series ends, Orion isn't exactly wrong. Literally all it took to kill Monsoon in the end was him and Jerome cooperating and slitting his throat with the sickle, and Jerome could probably have easily been replaced by any of Orion's buddies.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:32 pm
Atha wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:27 pm And man, Orion is an adult, it is almost the end of the series and he STILL throws a tantrum when someone says something reasonable. He really planned to take down Monsoon by himself and a couple of youngsters... Riki 2.0 everyone.
I mean... Knowing how the series ends, Orion isn't exactly wrong. Literally all it took to kill Monsoon in the end was him and Jerome cooperating and slitting his throat with the sickle, and Jerome could probably have easily been replaced by any of Orion's buddies.
Yeah, sad to say .-.
Also, something I want to question is.. HOW the youngsters got so far ahead? Weed didn't want to say 'hey guys, stop, I'm the leader' ? Rocket couldn't be told to go ahead and stop them? It's not that everyone in the army are old and dying. Rocket is fine, Jerome is still fine, Sasuke is ????, Akame is still fast and stuff. They were just willing to let them go ahead and possibly die without even attempting to stop them.

ImageImage
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Dragon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:39 am
Digsu wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:32 pm
Yeah, sad to say .-.
Also, something I want to question is.. HOW the youngsters got so far ahead? Weed didn't want to say 'hey guys, stop, I'm the leader' ? Rocket couldn't be told to go ahead and stop them? It's not that everyone in the army are old and dying. Rocket is fine, Jerome is still fine, Sasuke is ????, Akame is still fast and stuff. They were just willing to let them go ahead and possibly die without even attempting to stop them.
lmao that's true, like why didn't Weed just run and tell them to slow down way earlier... he's as old as Kyoushiro, he could've caught up when he started seeing them going too far ahead. Unless he's supposed to no longer be a youngster??
icon by azzai
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Well Orion better be ready to become an oldie soon then, given how Weed isn't even much older than him... Having a successor so close to your own age doesn't really make sense to me, that is. The same could be said with Gin/Tesshin back in the day though.
By the way I think this chapter sort of shows Orion wouldn't exactly be displeased to be the leader, he's dying to have his way.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Flanoir wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:39 am By the way I think this chapter sort of shows Orion wouldn't exactly be displeased to be the leader, he's dying to have his way.
Yeah that confused me too. Like, is this sign of him wanting to actually be a leader or more of a one-man army at this point?
Maybe in the next series, Orion gets bloodlust over a new villain and becomes a villain himself... that'd be interesting. I'd love that.

ImageImage
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

I would love to see Orion become a villain. But of course Yoshi would never do that because Orion is “just like Riki” 🙄
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I don't think Orion wants to be a leader of the army but more like the leader of his own life. He doesn't want to follow anyone and wants to be responsible only for his own actions. I "think" he cares about his friends but he really doesn't want to lead and protect them. Of course, he would prefer if his friends agreed with him, but he definitely would have left to get his revenge on Monsoon even if he had to go alone. He only waited because the Akame and Gin were able to bait him with cool battle techniques and responsibilities to his family.
This already started in GDW:O where Orion wanted to do something and the dogs either followed or didn't, either way, Orion did what he wanted/thought right. The only character that was able to sway him was Sirius..
Image Image
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Flanoir wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:39 am Maybe in the next series, Orion gets bloodlust over a new villain and becomes a villain himself... that'd be interesting. I'd love that.
I thought that was this story :THOT: :surprisegin:
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

A cover for Vol 21 is up:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/銀牙-LAST-WARS-2 ... 128&sr=1-1

I kinda feel like it took longer than usual for the cover to be revealed, but then again it may have been due to Yoshi recovering from tendinitis or whatever issue he had that cut the series so short. This cover looks more colored in the style we typically get from Yoshi than the previous (where it looked more digital?? I guess), if you get what I mean, so I hope that means he’s doing better ^^’
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

I really like how Orion is holding his bamboo weapon in the cover but... Idk, I'm really tired of Bon and Andy being there on the covers when they serve such little purpose to this story.

All around the cover feels really reminiscent of volume 12 to me, regarding Andy, Orion, and Monsoon's expressions/poses.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

I really like the cover for volume 21.The colours are nice, and I like that picture of Orion.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

That's a nice cover, I love the use of colours :)
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Dragon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:38 pm
Flanoir wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:39 am By the way I think this chapter sort of shows Orion wouldn't exactly be displeased to be the leader, he's dying to have his way.
Yeah that confused me too. Like, is this sign of him wanting to actually be a leader or more of a one-man army at this point?
Maybe in the next series, Orion gets bloodlust over a new villain and becomes a villain himself... that'd be interesting. I'd love that.
That would be amazingly awesome to see!

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

A green Monsoon this time. And Orion is holding his stick. That I like. ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Eclipse-Wolven
Legend
Legend

Post by Eclipse-Wolven »

Kasi wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:26 am
Flanoir wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:39 am Maybe in the next series, Orion gets bloodlust over a new villain and becomes a villain himself... that'd be interesting. I'd love that.
I thought that was this story :THOT: :surprisegin:
My thoughts exactly. XD
Banner by Kairi292 & Avatar by Kasi

My stories (on FF.net):
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Dark Legend
The Chronicles Of Ohu

For he today who sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”