Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Kasi »

RiKy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 am When I see a series or film, I spoiler it for myself, but at Ginga I hate spoilers about the new mangas... so I don't read this topic to much, because as soon as I get my manga, I will read it... But that time I was sooo curious what is in the back cover.... and.... HE DIES REALLY???? I can't delete my order? I don't want to see it xDDDD
By the way, the reason because I'm here, vol 22's back cover :D :D :D (with the First wars cover ^^)

Very nice back illustration!
SeiRen1012 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:38 am I will write what I found out in the afterword.
The person in charge of Yoshihiro Takahashi said, "I can not finish such a popular work," and decided to continue the Ginga series.
The next work was confirmed to be the Ginga series, but the detailed contents and the start date are unknown.
In the next notice, there is a scene used in GTLW, and it is packed with this.
There are mainly Orion, Rigel, and Sirius, but I think that there is no possibility that Sirius will appear in the next work from the contents of Volume 22, except reminiscence and flashback.

Please feel free to ask anything!
That's very interesting, thanks for letting us know!
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

RiKy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 am Image
Even in death my sweet summer son looks like an angel...

I love how Orion is looking up like "I hope you're happy Yoshi. :cry:"

Also, I never realised that Unsai is that size! He's probably even taller than Ben or Hougen! |:O

And Kyoushiro looks like a husk of his former self... :derpgin:
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Aaaah so much is happening!!! I like the back cover, kind of a spoiler for anyone who doesn't know what's happening but I like that even Orion is crying.
I'm really happy that Ginga will continue. I wonder where it can go from here? We can have a few chapters dedicated to having Koyuki and Reika coming back.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Mako wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:12 am https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/aan02070/56539520.html

Rigel doesn't get to join everyone else with dead Sirius on the back, plus ad showing the cover of the First Wars manga.
So now they cri ;~;

I’m so ticked Rigel isn’t here. I swear if Yoshi forgets him...
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

<spoiler> Ahhh, yesss, I'm so glad it's continuing! The TLW did seem like it's no way how a franchise ends. Besides, Gin is still alive. I bet the series will end with him (and Kurotora too ofc) dying, thus leaving none of the original cast alive. </spoiler>
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:53 pmBesides, Gin is still alive. I bet the series will end with him (and Kurotora too ofc) dying, thus leaving none of the original cast alive.
...Cross is still alive, though. So is Tesshin, Ken and George (they were in GNG, so they also count).
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

YamaDora wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:03 pm
Kaiken wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:53 pmBesides, Gin is still alive. I bet the series will end with him (and Kurotora too ofc) dying, thus leaving none of the original cast alive.
...Cross is still alive, though. So is Tesshin, Ken and George (they were in GNG, so they also count).
Don't forget Akame ;)

Thinking about it I'd love to see a series based on all the dead characters in heaven. You see Moss pass over and their ghosts are seen a lot, it'd be neat to see Yoshis take on what happens to them after.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

RiKy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 am When I see a series or film, I spoiler it for myself, but at Ginga I hate spoilers about the new mangas... so I don't read this topic to much, because as soon as I get my manga, I will read it... But that time I was sooo curious what is in the back cover.... and.... HE DIES REALLY???? I can't delete my order? I don't want to see it xDDDD
By the way, the reason because I'm here, vol 22's back cover :D :D :D (with the First wars cover ^^)

That backside... I'm kinda tearing up... Then I see the GTFW XD
SeiRen1012 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:38 am I will write what I found out in the afterword.
The person in charge of Yoshihiro Takahashi said, "I can not finish such a popular work," and decided to continue the Ginga series.
The next work was confirmed to be the Ginga series, but the detailed contents and the start date are unknown.
There are mainly Orion, Rigel, and Sirius, but I think that there is no possibility that Sirius will appear in the next work from the contents of Volume 22, except reminiscence and flashback.

Ohhh! This is interesting to know!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Thank you for the info! :D

I’m very curious to see what the next story will be about
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Banner by Sandatora
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

So turns out Akamakiri is alive, since he's there in the back cover... and not in the actual manga...

Also I'm now convinced that Kyoushiro's eyebrows are in fact a parasite that grows on and on and on until it consumes its host to do its bidding.

And Yoshi's publisher (?) saying "I can't let such a popular series end" raises some questions for me. Is this series actually that popular? Hardly anyone seems to be doing any fanwork of it on Japanese sites... And is he pressuring Yoshi to continue it just to milk the cash cow?
icon by azzai
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Atha wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:23 pm So turns out Akamakiri is alive, since he's there in the back cover... and not in the actual manga...

Also I'm now convinced that Kyoushiro's eyebrows are in fact a parasite that grows on and on and on until it consumes its host to do its bidding.

And Yoshi's publisher (?) saying "I can't let such a popular series end" raises some questions for me. Is this series actually that popular? Hardly anyone seems to be doing any fanwork of it on Japanese sites... And is he pressuring Yoshi to continue it just to milk the cash cow?
I saw that too :/ It really worries me and I hope Yoshi is okay...

I’d never want to see Ginga go on if Yoshi didn’t want it to continue. But then, if this is the case, and Yoshi is only writing it because he’s being told to, then how long has he not wanted to write it?
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Banner by Sandatora
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Shiruba wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:15 pm
YamaDora wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:03 pm
Don't forget Akame ;)

Thinking about it I'd love to see a series based on all the dead characters in heaven. You see Moss pass over and their ghosts are seen a lot, it'd be neat to see Yoshis take on what happens to them after.

Oof, yes, I realized I had forgotten Cross after I posted my comment, haha. Well, Akame too, sure. I really meant any last dog still surviving from the original cast. Tesshin and Ken doesn't count, because they're the second generation already (however I was thinking about them as well, but nah, they were just tiny pups in GNG and not much of characters).
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
SeiRen1012
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SeiRen1012 »

Probably,
SPOILER
Seiren
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

If I had to make a prediction, in the start of this next GTLW, it'll start like this one did. Lots of death (especially of the older generation) and defeated once again by Monsoon, who's back for revenge for Sirius, the lesson Sirius was trying to tell everyone to stop causing. Probably just the younger generations will live and Orion will be haunted by Sirius' words and get help by Zion to calm Monsoon down or something.
What do you guys think? o:

ImageImage
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I kinda want Ginga to end already tbh... though I guess a good conclusion would be better then a half-assed one. Ginga is super long as is lol.

How popular IS Ginga in Japan? The publisher wants to keep it going because it's popular, but I don't even know of that many Japanese fans in comparison to other mangas. I thought the little amount of merch- in particular, new merch, was a given that it wasn't very popular.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I wonder if Yoshi's publisher just meant the old Ginga, but fluffing it up to make it sound good.

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I think the publisher(?) mean that now Ginga is getting more popular now when they'll do musical show of them in Japan. It could increase their popularity. Who knows.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

Interesting news! Kinda makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes, though. Finishing TLW so abruptly only to pick the story up later seems like an odd business decision, so it'll be fascinating to see what the new story will be about.
Gingastar wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:25 pmI’d never want to see Ginga go on if Yoshi didn’t want it to continue. But then, if this is the case, and Yoshi is only writing it because he’s being told to, then how long has he not wanted to write it?
To be honest, reading Takahashi's essays at the end of GDW volumes kinda gave me the impression that even back then, towards the end of that series, he wasn't super enthusiastic about it. Or maybe it's just his style or some playful grumpy old man vibes he's trying to play off, but in one essay he talks about wanting to "run away" from the stressful life of a mangaka, but won't because he doesn't want to disappoint his fans. Not to mention he very, very rarely actually talks about the series in those essays, just more about his personal life. I'm not saying he doesn't necessarily want to write Ginga, but maybe it's more just a job that pays the bills for him, rather than something fueled by artistic vision at this point. Would explain the lackluster execution and meandering storylines if he's just not that into it anymore.
SeiRen1012
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SeiRen1012 »

Actually, when I went to the autograph session held last year, Yoshihiro talked about the problem of the assistant.
Mainly about the salary.
Some people seem to have succeeded in making the transfer, but he says some are left.
It seemed that he could not stop the manga on that matter.

I will talk about whether it is popular in Japan. (Mainly Twitter)
It seems that there is a little recognition. (Dogs talk, dogs fight, etc.)
I do not know if it is popular.
There are many praise comments, and few people are skeptical or pointed out that the comics are ugly.

The person in charge thinks that what in the series is popular? What's popular?
Perhaps they are only looking at the series's name and book sales. (They should also hear criticism)

Many people are too long to read it all. There are many people who have interrupted (GNG reads but GDWO can not read, etc.)

As for the musical that will be held this year, it seems that more attention has been paid to performers than works.
Seiren
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

^ That's interesting! Thanks for sharing this info

for me, I actually hope Yoshi can retire soon. he seems really overworked and like he's fell out of love with Ginga
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”