Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Dragon »

Akame's cutting ability with the sickle he's grown up with was not nearly as pro and awesome as Orion's, who isn't a ninja and only trained with it within a few months...sure

Also Gennai, genius plan to put a giant sharp claw into your mouth LOL Couldn't have ended terrible at all!

Ken saving his mommy was pretty cute though

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Knowing that we have pointless filler chapters like this when the series is about to have a very sudden and rushed ending makes my soul hurt a little bit.

Eclipse-Wolven
Legend
Legend

Post by Eclipse-Wolven »

Rusty wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:56 pm
fantachan wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:48 pm Chapter 173 is up.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... r-173.html

Here, have a nothing-chapter. :D
Your avatar is very apt lmaooo
I'm glad someone pointed that out. XD
I love everything about that expression.
Banner by Kairi292 & Avatar by Kasi

My stories (on FF.net):
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Dark Legend
The Chronicles Of Ohu

For he today who sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Eclipse-Wolven wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:45 pm
fantachan wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:48 pm Chapter 173 is up.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... r-173.html

Here, have a nothing-chapter. :D
I feel like I'll get banned if I show everyone where it's from. XD
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

fantachan wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:56 pm

Don't worry
I know where.
and when.
and what was said.
but I won't say LOOL

Hey Fanta, do you make the script of the translations first, or translate as you edit the pages? If you do the first 1, maybe I could offer a hand to take pressure off you c=

ImageImage
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Dragon wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:56 am
fantachan wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:56 pm

Don't worry
I know where.
and when.
and what was said.
but I won't say LOOL

Hey Fanta, do you make the script of the translations first, or translate as you edit the pages? If you do the first 1, maybe I could offer a hand to take pressure off you c=
I usually translate as I edit. Making scripts first usually takes me longer, plus I can save pages as PSD files if I want to come back to them later.

But if you'd like to lend a hand with scripting or typesetting, PM me plz.
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

I was thinking the narration would explain why the dogs just keep bouncing off monsoon without any damage. Is he trying? Is he suddenly bloody hopeless at attacking? Stark contrast to his attacks in the first chapters but with no explanation given.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Digsu wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:30 pm Knowing that we have pointless filler chapters like this when the series is about to have a very sudden and rushed ending makes my soul hurt a little bit.
Same. I hoped that there would be few mentions about what Monsoon and Orion are thinking about injured Sirius or are they having any doubts about battle...
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

It's normal for the elderly Akame not to be so good with sickle his enemy used, but I'm a bit disappointing Gin didn't use the sickle, after all the idea actually comes from him, when he used a sickle-ish weapon against Madara (he was inspired by Kurojaki, but still he was the first Ohu army dog to use weapon).
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

It's normal for the elderly Akame not to be so good with sickle his enemy used, but I'm a bit disappointing Gin didn't use the sickle, after all the idea actually comes from him, when he used a sickle-ish weapon against Madara (he was inspired by Kurojaki, but still he was the first Ohu army dog to use weapon).
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:32 pm It's normal for the elderly Akame not to be so good with sickle his enemy used, but I'm a bit disappointing Gin didn't use the sickle, after all the idea actually comes from him, when he used a sickle-ish weapon against Madara (he was inspired by Kurojaki, but still he was the first Ohu army dog to use weapon).
I really don't think the tree branch he used to kill Madara was that much like a sickle. It was unwieldy and only useful for stabbing, whereas a sickle can be used for cutting or stabbing and is much easier to maneuver. And it wasn't Gin's idea - Kirikaze told him to get a sickle because they needed a weapon against Madara, but they didn't have time for that so Gin used the tree branch instead. The point wasn't that it was like a sickle, the point was that it was some kind of weapon.

Also it was Akame's idea to use the sickle against Monsoon in the first place.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kaiken wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:33 pm It's normal for the elderly Akame not to be so good with sickle his enemy used
That's true, the sickle could have been Koga exclusive. I just assumed since they're all ninjas, they probably used some of the same stuff.
As for age... as much as that should be true, Ginga really picks and chooses when age takes away power and ability lol Kisaragi somehow couldn't fight a few dogs after taking out a bear because of old age, but Akame can go from the alps to Ohu quickly without age holding him back.

ImageImage
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Digsu wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:38 pm
Kaiken wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:32 pm It's normal for the elderly Akame not to be so good with sickle his enemy used, but I'm a bit disappointing Gin didn't use the sickle, after all the idea actually comes from him, when he used a sickle-ish weapon against Madara (he was inspired by Kurojaki, but still he was the first Ohu army dog to use weapon).
I really don't think the tree branch he used to kill Madara was that much like a sickle. It was unwieldy and only useful for stabbing, whereas a sickle can be used for cutting or stabbing and is much easier to maneuver. And it wasn't Gin's idea - Kirikaze told him to get a sickle because they needed a weapon against Madara, but they didn't have time for that so Gin used the tree branch instead. The point wasn't that it was like a sickle, the point was that it was some kind of weapon.

Technically it was The Elder's idea to use a sickle (he calls it a Ganin Weapon). Akame was just the first to find and use it.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

fantachan wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:26 pm

Technically it was The Elder's idea to use a sickle (he calls it a Ganin Weapon). Akame was just the first to find and use it.
Oh yeah, that's right. My bad.

Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

am I the only one who would have thought it'd be cool if Orion actually fought Monsoon with bamboo instead of a sickle? lol

there would be no "we lost it! pass it here! it's stuck in Monsoons hide!" stuff but I mean...who would miss that 😂 i
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Akame wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:45 am am I the only one who would have thought it'd be cool if Orion actually fought Monsoon with bamboo instead of a sickle? lol

there would be no "we lost it! pass it here! it's stuck in Monsoons hide!" stuff but I mean...who would miss that 😂 i
I wish that maybe Orion or Akame would have been in charge of the sickle, and then characters like Rigel, Andy, Yamabiko, etc would have had bamboo to use against Monsoon. After all didn’t they train with it, or at least attempt to? We were already shown that just biting Monsoon didn’t do anything, so the fact that they only brought one weapon to fight a tank like Monsoon (who, again, could not be hurt with teeth or claws) is rather mind boggling.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Gingastar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:51 am
Akame wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:45 am am I the only one who would have thought it'd be cool if Orion actually fought Monsoon with bamboo instead of a sickle? lol

I wish that maybe Orion or Akame would have been in charge of the sickle, and then characters like Rigel, Andy, Yamabiko, etc would have had bamboo to use against Monsoon. After all didn’t they train with it, or at least attempt to? We were already shown that just biting Monsoon didn’t do anything, so the fact that they only brought one weapon to fight a tank like Monsoon (who, again, could not be hurt with teeth or claws) is rather mind boggling.
You'd think they could have also just gone and stolen some more sickles (or other bladed weapons) during their six-month training montage, but I guess that'd make too much sense :THOT:

Also why aren't Rigel and Yamabiko trying their Ningatou on Monsoon, if it can kill a dog in one hit it should at least be capable of doing him some damage.

Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

it's super annoying how inconsistent what does and doesn't inflict damage on Monsoon, cos so far not many of the sickle attacks have even inhibited him much lmao. I know I should be pleased, but I'm also kind of annoyed how much Akame has to do with this fight? it should be more focused on the youngsters! they're the current gen after all...
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

TLW did Rigel so dirty.. He is not as good as Orion with the Bamboo stick but he was much better than the other soldiers. Like Digsu said, he can use Ningato to cut his enemies.. He is the levelheaded one of his brothers in the situation too... WHY WAS HE OVERLOOKED??? Because he is not aggressive and selfish?? Yeah.. He is quiet compared to his brothers but who wouldn't when your older siblings are people like Orion and Sirius..
Image Image
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Yeah, it doesn't WORK the same way as sickle, but dogs compared it to sickle, that's what I meant, and that's why I said sickle-ish weapon. :)
Yup, you're right, I completely forgot it was Kirikaze actually. Oops.
Wasn't Akame, he just stole the sickle.

(btw Weed used a hatched when he fought Thunder)
Favorites:

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”