Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Kasi »

I want Monsoon's roaring ability!
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

wish i could heal my wounds by screaming too
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Ignoring its dubious contents, I think we can all agree that this chapter has the best name ever in the history of Ginga.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Did Gin always know it was about Monsoon holding a grudge? Or is he finally understanding... for this chapter, I mean lol

ImageImage
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Dragon wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:03 am Did Gin always know it was about Monsoon holding a grudge? Or is he finally understanding... for this chapter, I mean lol
I wouldn't be surprised if he knew about Monsoon's grudge, seeing as he killed his father and stuff...
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Wow, Monsoon's roar may just stop the bleeden as of adranaline I guess? XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

So according to Ginga, if I'm ever bleeding to death all I have to do is scream really loudly and I'll stop bleeding. Good to know.
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Imagine being so angry that you become capable of using RPG spells out of sheer hatred.

Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

it's lame that this chapter had the exact same "oh no, he fell-- NO! he slipped off their back on purpose!" moment as we had previously with Sirius -_-
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

"Akakabuto's blood had evolved itself within his (Monsoon's) body so he was able to maintain control."

... I'm sorry, what? :derpgin:

Thank you for another chapter, Fanta! :heart:
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Maybe we are missing something about Monsoon's ability to stop blood?

For example, in old Finnish religions there are words that can stop blood flowing. There might be some in Japan too and as far as I know Ginga characters speak with very old style so it might make sense in Japanese version.

Of course, religion or culture of dogs haven't been mentioned properly in Ginga so this might be just "I don't want to draw blood" moment. I mean, Sirius's wounds don't look that bad if you compare them to Jouji, Gin, Hiro, Weed etc earlier.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Uru wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:17 am Maybe we are missing something about Monsoon's ability to stop blood?

For example, in old Finnish religions there are words that can stop blood flowing. There might be some in Japan too and as far as I know Ginga characters speak with very old style so it might make sense in Japanese version.

Of course, religion or culture of dogs haven't been mentioned properly in Ginga so this might be just "I don't want to draw blood" moment. I mean, Sirius's wounds don't look that bad if you compare them to Jouji, Gin, Hiro, Weed etc earlier.
Actually the dogs have been hinted at to be Buddhist before;
In GNG, Kurotora jokes with Moss in the Wolf Arc that King Yama could never be as ugly as him after he thwarts Raiga, Sakon and Ukon.
Then in GDW, when Moss dies he crosses the Sanzu River into the afterlife where his old comrades, including Riki, Akatora, John and Smith, are there to greet him.
Those are just the two examples I can think of off the top of my head. :)
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:53 pm
Uru wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:17 am Maybe we are missing something about Monsoon's ability to stop blood?

In GNG, Kurotora jokes with Moss in the Wolf Arc that King Yama could never be as ugly as him after he thwarts Raiga, Sakon and Ukon.
Then in GDW, when Moss dies he crosses the Sanzu River into the afterlife where his old comrades, including Riki, Akatora, John and Smith, are there to greet him.

Yeah, there's been LOTS of references to Buddhism. I wonder if that means Yoshi is Buddhist too?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

The Sanzu River is mentioned several times in Ginga, actually. John briefly sees Riki and Smith on the other side of the river during his last battle and Suiga calls himself "the Guardian of Sanzu River", for example.

Also in GDW 58 Sasuke starts praying to Amida Butsu because he thinks GB has come to haunt him.

YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Digsu wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:48 pmAlso in GDW 58 Sasuke starts praying to Amida Butsu because he thinks GB has come to haunt him.
Not sure if this also counts since it wasn't a dog, but when Ben's owner buries John and makes a grave for him, there is an Amida Butsu prayer written on the grave as well.

I must admit, even though I am not very well versed with anything Buddhism related, I really like the idea of these dog warriors being Buddhists. :'D
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:48 pm

The Sanzu River is mentioned several times in Ginga, actually. John briefly sees Riki and Smith on the other side of the river during his last battle and Suiga calls himself "the Guardian of Sanzu River", for example.

Also in GDW 58 Sasuke starts praying to Amida Butsu because he thinks GB has come to haunt him.
The young kai dogs also claim that jumping down the cliff would be river Styx (in tv series) or Sanzu river (in comic) for them anyways (as they cannot swim very well).
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:41 pm The young kai dogs also claim that jumping down the cliff would be river Styx (in tv series) or Sanzu river (in comic) for them anyways (as they cannot swim very well).
It's Sanzu in the anime, too. The fansub localized it as river Styx.

Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

I totally forgot that there were this kind of moments! But I meant similar religion like in Watership down or when the wolves were worshipping that weird moon demon. I thinks it's bit odd if dogs have same religion as humans. (Of course, buddhism respects all kind of life so it's works fine here.)
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Chapter 172 is up.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... r-172.html

Yoshi should have named this chapter "Chapter 172 - Everyone is an Idiot." :EMPTY:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Y'know, Orion's plan to go after Monsoon with just a few soldiers is starting to sound like a good idea. Literally all the rank-and-file soldiers have achieved during the battle is piss of Monsoon, ruin the sickle-bearers' chances to land critical blows, and generally causing a giant hassle.

Also somebody please put a muzzle on Sirius already. "We're the ones who are evil", "killing Monsoon won't solve anything", "I'm right and you're all heartless barbarians", yeah yeah we heard you the first twenty thousand times you whiny piece of dryer lint.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”