Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Gingastar »

Honestly? I really hope some of the oldies die in this battle, or whatever the final battle will be.

I’m really ready for characters like Kurotora and Akame to go. Akame especially because, if memory serves me right, he’s the one who taught Orion that he can use the bamboo as a weapon, and ultimately learn how to use the sickle because of that. So in a way Akame feels like a bit of a mentor to him.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Banner by Sandatora
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

I'm definitely placing my bets on Jerome.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Gingastar wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:57 pm Honestly? I really hope some of the oldies die in this battle, or whatever the final battle will be.

I’m really ready for characters like Kurotora and Akame to go. Akame especially because, if memory serves me right, he’s the one who taught Orion that he can use the bamboo as a weapon, and ultimately learn how to use the sickle because of that. So in a way Akame feels like a bit of a mentor to him.
True, however I feel that Akame just recently had a chance to die heroically, and it was a fake out and he even got his eye healed and scars.
icon by azzai
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Atha wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 pm
Gingastar wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:57 pm Honestly? I really hope some of the oldies die in this battle, or whatever the final battle will be.

True, however I feel that Akame just recently had a chance to die heroically, and it was a fake out and he even got his eye healed and scars.
Ahh yeah that’s true :[

I really just don’t want him to live till the end of the series. I think it would be super weird if Gin died at the end but Akame didn’t.

Perhaps all of the oldies will die in the final battle...but then again maybe if too many of them die all at once it might take away from the shock/power of the veterans passing away ><
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Akame's eye being okay is never going to be okay to me. That was such a dumb cop-out, I mean come on!

Kurotora is my favorite boy, but it might be time for him to go. I just want him to go out as a hero.
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tikikata wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:25 pm Akame's eye being okay is never going to be okay to me. That was such a dumb cop-out, I mean come on!
imho his "missing eye" turning out to just having been a blood clot was actually kind of clever, since we've never had that excuse before. It's the sort of thing that works as a legitimate plot twist exactly once. Even if he did look totally badass with the scars.

Maaaybe I'm a little bit cynical but I'm guessing the upcoming battle is going to be used to clean up the character roster and get rid of some of the dogs who haven't been particularly important in a while, like Hook or Ron, with one major death as the "twist".

Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

IF HOOK DIES I SHALL SCREAM

Hook dying feels so??? Shooketh.

——-
I wonder, have we seen Bob lately? Anyone know if he’s joining in on fighting Monsoon?
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Gingastar wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:24 am
I wonder, have we seen Bob lately? Anyone know if he’s joining in on fighting Monsoon?
Bob was pictured with members of the Ohu army in one of the recently translated chapters, so I’d presume so. It would be cool to see him provide more advice/intel on Monsoon whenever the battle is underway.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

My copy of volume 18 just arrived. Lots of new chapters. Looks like some interesting stuff, although the more interesting things look like they happen next volume (Orion vs Sirius fight, Sirius exile) and the chapters that are coming out now.

I'll scan the chapters if no one else will, but I'm pretty short on time recently. If you think you'll get to them to scan first please let me know!

Spoilers for the volume - from what I gather is happening
Chapter 137:
I thought this chapter had already been translated, but it's not, it's just very similar to a previous chapter.
Sirius grabs Gennai from the neck defending Monsoon. Gennai throws him but Sirius holds his grip and then throws Gennai to the ground.
Monsoon looks on and then covers his body over Sirius defending him back in turn. Words are had between Gennai, the Kama brothers and Sirius. Gennai and the brothers begin to leave when Monsoon jumps out and grabs Gennai and throws him into a tree trunk. Sirius and Zion rush over. He doesn't appear to be hurt and the group of them are talking calmly while Monsoon waits in the distance.
Sirius and Zion then leave with Monsoon.

Chapter 138:
Gennai and the Kama brothers return to the Ouu army. They're talking about something, Bob has something to say as well.
Meanwhile Jerome and his sons are chasing a wild boar. Orion is also chasing it from above the trees with his bamboo stick. Orion cuts it off and strikes it in the face, he then lands several more blows over the boars body and Jerome and his sons then finish the kill with their teeth.
Orion lifts the boar body by himself onto his back.

Chapter 139:
Orion attempts to carry the Boar body back himself but it's too heavy and he collapses. It looks like Jerome and sons would help, but Orion wants to try himself. Gennai and some others arrive and suddenly Orion throws the Boar off him, they all chat about something.
Meanwhile Monsoon Sirius and Zion are having another pool party. Monsoon's idea of fun is on the reckless side. He moves logs and splashes about the water with his claws searching for Sirius and Zion. Some other animals look on at the scene (they're drawn really nice actually!). Monsoon puts his paw down on Zion at one point but it looks like Sirius told him off for it. There's then a montage of them at other times, searching for honey, Monsoon falling asleep beside them etc.

Chapter 140:
Looks like Sirius wants to leave while Monsoon is asleep, but he wakes up. Monsoon and Sirius discuss something in bear language, and then it looks like Sirius and Zion were able to leave and they talk privately between themselves.
Back with the humans and injured dogs. Izou, Toshimitsu and some others are reunited with Gin, Weed, Akame and co still in the human's care.
Sasuke, Tyson and another dog I don't recall are released to the wild again. They meet up with the Ouu army.
Meanwhile Monsoon (standing on his two feet), Sirius and Zion are witnessing a glorious sunset!
I'm not sure what Monsoon is doing. It looks like he sniffs, then begins to head down the mountain, Zion jumps on his back for a ride but is thrown off, Sirius yells at Monsoon.

Chapter 141:
Nice sunset imagery again, they just say something in bear language.
Back in Ouu. Orion, Gennai, Sasuke and Kama brother are practicing with Bamboo. Kyoshiro is spying on them, Cross talks to him. Kyoshiro and Orion get in an argument and then Orion jumps off, cuts a tree branch with his bamboo stick surprising them all with his strength.
Gin and all of the other dogs who were healing before have been released and are running towards the group.
Meanwhile Chibi is fishing when Sirius and Zion see him.

Chapter 142
This chapter was translated already I think. Where Orion practices with his friends, hurting Akakama and Rigel stops him. The group then see Sirius and Zion have returned.

Chapter 143:
They're all talking. Orion looks very angry. Sirius has some sleepy eye drawings (for anyone wondering if that was Sirius or Weed... it's Sirius).
Sasuke then rushes over and hugs Sirius's head (lol). Everyones surprised at what he says (probably that the others have finally returned) and they all rush off. Orion is still yelling at Sirius, Sasuke doesn't seem to know why.
Meanwhile Monsoon has just realised that Sirius and Zion have gone. He panics and searches everywhere for them. He collapses in the water defeated and then flies into a sudden rage.
The Ouu army are conversing, Sirius and Chibi are there, although they're at the back, not part of the group.

Chapter 144:
This chapter was translated:
http://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2018/04 ... r-144.html

End of volume!
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Thanks Kasi!!A pretty interesting volume it is
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Chapters 141, 142 and 144 are all translated from this volume. Meaning 137, 138, 139, 140 and 143 are the ones still needed.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Thanks for the summaries, Kasi!

"Orion lifts the boar body by himself onto his back" wut :surprisegin:

I mean even taking into account that it turns out to be a bad idea almost immediately, that just seems rather overblown even by Ginga's "the protagonist is awesome" standards - assuming it's not a juvenile boar that's easily a hundred kilos (~220 pounds) he's casually picking up and placing right on top of his spine with no ill effects. That's just so random it's kind of hilarious.

Sirius and Monsoon's BFFs montage sounds adorable, though.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:33 am Thanks for the summaries, Kasi!

"Orion lifts the boar body by himself onto his back" wut :surprisegin:

I mean even taking into account that it turns out to be a bad idea almost immediately, that just seems rather overblown even by Ginga's "the protagonist is awesome" standards - assuming it's not a juvenile boar that's easily a hundred kilos (~220 pounds) he's casually picking up and placing right on top of his spine with no ill effects. That's just so random it's kind of hilarious.

Sirius and Monsoon's BFFs montage sounds adorable, though.
I'm ok with dog lifting that, but not on his spine. Dog backbones are extremely fragile from pressure from above. Best thing is, not only that's a true fact, but it's a direct quote from Yoshi's GINGA.
Favorites:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kaiken wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:40 pm Best thing is, not only that's a true fact, but it's a direct quote from Yoshi's GINGA.
...*facepalm* Yoshi. why

ImageImage
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Dragon wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:33 pm
Kaiken wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:40 pm Best thing is, not only that's a true fact, but it's a direct quote from Yoshi's GINGA.
...*facepalm* Yoshi. why
I don't remember a single mention of this anywhere in the Ginga series, though. There was a mention of this in Takahashi's other work, White Lotus (which, as far as we know, isn't part of the Gingaverse).
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Doragon wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:14 pm
...*facepalm* Yoshi. why
I don't remember a single mention of this anywhere in the Ginga series, though. There was a mention of this in Takahashi's other work, White Lotus (which, as far as we know, isn't part of the Gingaverse).
I think the point was that Yoshi's aware that dogs weren't built for carrying heavy things on their backs and he still included it here. I'd understand if it was somehow important to the plot, many plot points in Ginga rely on the dogs doing stuff a real dog has no business even attemptin, but given that it leads to nothing except Orion realizing he can't do it just seems like an incredibly random thing to do. Even in GDWO we saw Akakama, who's much larger than Orion, moving a boar around by dragging it instead of carrying it on his back.

(Slightly off-topic: here and here are some more scientific explanations for why dog anatomy isn't mean for carrying heavy stuff on their backs, in case y'all are interested.)

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Doragon wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:14 pm
...*facepalm* Yoshi. why
It isn't? :O I thought it's ginga special, like Winds of Zion and Lonely Ron.
Favorites:
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

I've pretty much just accepted this is a manga and crazy stuff like this can happen XD
Thanks for the summaries, I'm still waiting on my copy but I can't wait to see Sirius and Monsoon have their little montage, it's gonna be so cute!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

https://twitter.com/sukebeaki/status/10 ... 964544?p=v

...getting a little bit too close there, buddy.
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Doragon wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:06 am https://twitter.com/sukebeaki/status/10 ... 964544?p=v

...getting a little bit too close there, buddy.
I'm half expecting him to eat Sirius right after this.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”