Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Arano »

Where we wait patiently for Fantachan's updates amiright
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by fantachan »

Until then, you may have a look at my blog for any chapters you've missed. https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/

Here's the latest one (Chapter 128): https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2017/1 ... r-128.html
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Apologies for the double post, but here's chapter 129:

http://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2017/12 ... r-129.html

Sirius: Don't get in my way, Zion! What did he do wrong?!

Gee, Sirius, I dunno...maybe Monsoon just tried to FREAKING MURDER YOU WITH FALLING ROCKS ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?!

Also, it looks like Zion is getting tired of Sirius's shit. XD
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Oh jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!! Even Shion is fed up soon. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

"You'll die if you get hit by those falling rocks!"

Damnit Zion, don't give me false hope that this story will have a happy ending
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

All caught up now! As always, much thanks fantachan

Ah yes, if I just talk to him, after all he is not being aggressive *has just volleyed some boulders @ u*
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

At this rate, Monsoon will go straight to the Ou army waving a tiny white flag. "Please, I surrender. Do anything you want to me, just MAKE HIM STOP."
icon by azzai
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Atha wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:19 pm At this rate, Monsoon will go straight to the Ou army waving a tiny white flag. "Please, I surrender. Do anything you want to me, just MAKE HIM STOP."
I so wanna like this post. XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Atha wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:19 pm At this rate, Monsoon will go straight to the Ou army waving a tiny white flag. "Please, I surrender. Do anything you want to me, just MAKE HIM STOP."
I SO WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN. Oh, if only... XD
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

That chapter was pretty funny XD Once Sirius told him not to talk to his like the son of the leader I think Zion pretty much let lose. I like how Sirius literally is crazy, he must think he's invincible ever since he survived Kamakiri's test as a pup. Or Shyamalan twist... he really is invincible, no wonder why no one understands him.

Seeing Gennai at the end is frustrating, but it looks like they might be up to something different this time.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

"What did he do wrong?!"

I seriously hope we're not supposed to be siding with Sirius because that's a level of detachment from reality that's more of an insult towards all pacifists and earnest diplomats than anything.

MitchFox
Upholder
Upholder

Post by MitchFox »

Sheeesh.... Before the move, I had been lurking around at the old Ginga Board for so long and reading the spoilers yet still the story has not made any progress. Sirius is seriously much worse than his father Weedy that he gives those pacifists a bad name, at least Weed does kill the bears in GDW Manga. Joe the bear hunter and uncle of Orion, Sirius and the siblings is turning his grave for now.

This needs a scene of Monsoon (another character I normally despise besides Sirius) pretending to surrender to Sirius and some dogs (as in Gennai and others who search for Sirius and Monsoon) by acting all friendly and having a white flag. Once they have their guards down, Monsoon squishes Sirius, Gennai and everyone else except Zion, Kurokamakiri and Rocket. THE END
Last edited by MitchFox on Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

The avatar I have is Justice (Vance Astrovik) from New Warriors comic
Eclipse-Wolven
Legend
Legend

Post by Eclipse-Wolven »

MitchFox wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:43 pm Once they have their guards down, Monsoon squishes Sirius, Gennai and everyone else except Zion, Kurokamakiri and Rocket. THE END
You know, I would be totally okay with that. :lol:
Banner by Kairi292 & Avatar by Kasi

My stories (on FF.net):
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Dark Legend
The Chronicles Of Ohu

For he today who sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

And Sirius has yet to give me a reason to like him and his motives. Instead, he continues to bug me. I understand what he's trying to do and everything, but c'mon, you'd think by now he'd give up on Monsoon, and that's what I'm waiting for. Even Weed wasn't that much of a pacifist! He still fought and drew blood from his enemies, for pete's sake! Can't say the same for his dumb pup, though.
Platina wolf by me.
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

But is Sirius that dumb for wanting to make peace? 🤔 Don't get me wrong, I agree that he certainly says and does ridiculous things, but I fail to see how wanting peace instead of war is a bad thing, or dumb. We've seen more characters die from fighting an enemy than trying to make peace, if I'm not mistaken. Though please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think there's a time to fight, such as when you're ambushed/caught by surprise and have no choice, but there's also a time for peace.

Once again don't misunderstand me. Monsoon has done awful, unforgivable, things. He's murdered friends and family of the characters, but would it not be better for Sirius to (almost) single handedly try and make peace with Monsoon rather than the dogs having to fight and try to kill him, potentially resulting in more dogs dying?

One of the only things I can say against Sirius is that he's forcing Shion to go along with his plan, potentially putting him in harms way. So far however neither of them have died. There's been much less bloodshed in this situation than there would be if they physically attacked Monsoon. The only dogs to get really hurt while Sirius pursues Monsoon is Kama (correct me if I'm wrong please) and Sirius isn't the one who made him do anything, nor did Sirius make him tag along. And while I also think Sirius throwing the sickle away mid-battle was awful and selfish, as it was their only means of defence, right now I am talking about his "solo" pursuit of Monsoon.

I'm not saying anyone has to agree has to agree with Sirius, but there's more to his thoughts than just being naive or stupid, in my eyes anyway. This is why I like Sirius, he's different from other characters. His approaches are interesting to me as well as his words and actions. Can he do or say selfish and ridiculous things? Yes! Absolutely. He has done so and I expect him to continue doing so, but I find him far more interesting than other characters.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Of course his goal of peace is a good dream to shoot for. I really liked Sirius' way of handling things in GDWO, where he still fought, but didn't betray Akakamakiri, even when he was abused. I'm just not understanding Sirius' death wishes. Is it really him underestimating Monsoon's abuse? Does he want Bob's abuse to prove his want for peace and loyalty towards Monsoon? I just wish Sirius had a scene to talk out his feelings more.

Admittedly, he has admitted more things now, but I don't get how his plan is efficient in his eyes. He's dragging along a dog who's tired of him and has to save Sirius when he does reckless things... but then he scolds Zion for it? Why don't he ask Zion to teach him bear language so he won't need anyone getting in whatever plan he has, whether it's take a face full of rocks or chase Monsoon until the end of time.

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

The issue is not that Sirius wants peace. The issue is that he's both completely incompetent as a negotiator and, frankly, dumb as a sack of bricks. Like I said in my previous post, insisting your opponent has no faults (that he's responsible for, anyway) even when he's currently in middle of trying to murder you and berating your buddy for saving your life from said murder attempt is not admirable, or peaceful, or even idealistic - it's being completely and utterly delusional, and if Yoshi's intention was for Sirius to appear as any of those three things, it comes across as a pretty big insult to the intelligence of real people who risk life and limb trying to defuse conflict situations or rehabilitate dangerous criminals.

Sirius had excellent potential, I'll give him that, but aside from adopting Chibi, the way he's been written has been pretty consistently terrible ever since he first became an advocate for dog/bear peace.

Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Ah, I see then 🤔 I can definitely understand that then and agree. If we are talking how he handles things then yes, as even I stated in my post he does have a knack of doing stupid and selfish things at times, especially keeping Shion around. I don't get why Shion doesn't just teach him bear either, as mentioned above.

I was under the assumption that some people were unhappy with his pacifist ways but I believe I perhaps misunderstood some things along the way, so for that I apologize! ^^
Last edited by Gingastar on Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

i want Zion to slap Sirius so badly XD
it would be nice to hear from Monsoon why he's being so...passive about this. All we seem to get lately is him walking off and ignoring Sirius and we don't really get told why.
Also, i probably wouldn't mind if Gennai's plan to was to get himself killed to show Sirius there's no reasoning with Monsoon
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:22 am The issue is not that Sirius wants peace. The issue is that he's both completely incompetent as a negotiator and, frankly, dumb as a sack of bricks. Like I said in my previous post, insisting your opponent has no faults (that he's responsible for, anyway) even when he's currently in middle of trying to murder you and berating your buddy for saving your life from said murder attempt is not admirable, or peaceful, or even idealistic - it's being completely and utterly delusional, and if Yoshi's intention was for Sirius to appear as any of those three things, it comes across as a pretty big insult to the intelligence of real people who risk life and limb trying to defuse conflict situations or rehabilitate dangerous criminals.

Sirius had excellent potential, I'll give him that, but aside from adopting Chibi, the way he's been written has been pretty consistently terrible ever since he first became an advocate for dog/bear peace.
Gingastar wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:31 am Ah, I see then 🤔 I can definitely understand that then and agree. If we are talking how he handles things then yes, as even I stated in my post he does have a knack of doing stupid and selfish things at times, especially keeping Shion around. I don't get why Shion doesn't just teach him bear either, as mentioned above.

I was under the assumption that some people were unhappy with his pacifist ways but I believe I perhaps misunderstood some things along the way, so for that I apologize! ^^
Yup, it's how Sirius' is handling all this, and actuallly not telling Shion or anyone what his motives are. That he want peace with bears I agree with, and adopting Chibi-cub is the best idea he's ever had! But he has to learn some individuals cannot be "saved" so to say. Hôgen is an example of one of them. If it wasn't for him pleading to Weed for mercy (in manga) to not be killed, Weed wouldn't have thought of saving him by pushing everyone else away. And if Shôji Sudô haven't showed up, he probably would had freezed to death with his wounds anyway. To me Monsoon is one that cannot be saved, the other bears was more or less folloing his orders, also related to Akakabuto, who definatly was one who could not be saved after he got the bullet in his eye (even if he was a "trouble bear" for humans before that").

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”