Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Troll Berserker wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:53 am I also dislike Orion being compared to Riki - it doesn't make much sense except having red fur, hating bears and being a good fighter. Wasn't Yukimura compared to Riki too because of his red fur?
I'm not 100% sure but I think it was mentioned that red furred akitas are hot heads. excuse me, but I didn't feel that with Riki. Adult Riki was loyal and determined but he was rather calm and analytic instead of charging stupidly into everything. Pup Riki was kind. He was also determined and wanted to prove himself but he also wanted to help others. He cared about his owners and his familly, he was never a rude and selfish brat like Orion.
?????

Riki was never a hot head what the actual fuck Yoshi

Why are all his red descendants constantly being compared to him even though they're nothing like him?

Is it just because they're red :OUT:

:mangariki: Dat's racist >: c
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Yukimura was never compared to Riki. Though imho it would've actually made more sense than the "Orion = Riki" thing because Yukimura at least had Riki's charisma in addition to his strength.

Also I can't recall it ever being said that red Akitas are the most hot-headed ones.

Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

I said I'm not sure but I think somethink like that was mentioned somewhere. I also found old interviews where Yoshihiro himself said he wanted Orion to be a spitting image of Riki. Yet Riki was never portrayed as "rascal" as he himself described Orion.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Gingastar wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:43 am I think it would have been interesting if maybe the characters in the story (instead of just the narrator) compared Orion to Riki, and from there we got development about Orion himself feeling like he was in Riki’s shadow (or in turn, tried too hard to be like him) and not wanting to be compared to anyone, but simply wanted to be himself (whether or not “himself” is a good guy or not).

We have Orion compared to Riki shoved down our throats and it feels so weird to see that be said but... just have it be so untrue? Like something more should have been done with such a claim.

The characters have been comparing him, too. Gin, Unsai, Kurotora (I think?) are the ones that come to mind now. Might be more, idk
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Troll Berserker wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:53 am I'm not 100% sure but I think it was mentioned that red furred akitas are hot heads. excuse me, but I didn't feel that with Riki. Adult Riki was loyal and determined but he was rather calm and analytic instead of charging stupidly into everything. Pup Riki was kind. He was also determined and wanted to prove himself but he also wanted to help others. He cared about his owners and his familly, he was never a rude and selfish brat like Orion.
I remember that Takahashi once compared Riki, Yukimura and Orion and said that they have similar nature and Takahashi might have also said that red furred akitas are more likely to die in battle. This was when he said that he was considering to kill Orion during GDWO. (I have read this interview like 10 years ago so I'm not 100% sure.) At that time GDWO hadn't been fully published or translated in any way so it started lot of rumors.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:48 pmThe characters have been comparing him, too. Gin, Unsai, Kurotora (I think?) are the ones that come to mind now. Might be more, idk
All comparisons between Riki and Orion made by the characters really compare just their appearance, which is true - they are both red akitas. When Orion was born he was being compared (jokingly) to Sasuke first
Personality-wise all comparisons between the two are pointed out by the narrator as far as I can remember.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Doragon wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:46 pm
Kaiken wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:48 pmThe characters have been comparing him, too. Gin, Unsai, Kurotora (I think?) are the ones that come to mind now. Might be more, idk
All comparisons between Riki and Orion made by the characters really compare just their appearance, which is true - they are both red akitas. When Orion was born he was being compared (jokingly) to Sasuke first
Personality-wise all comparisons between the two are pointed out by the narrator as far as I can remember.
I can name one scene where he's compared by looks as well. In volume 1 or 2 of GDWO, where the elder of that little dog group in the beginning, had flashbacks to Riki when he saw Orion

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I can't wait to see the cover!!!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

It's released this month right? What date will it be out?
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Shiruba wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:57 pm It's released this month right? What date will it be out?
The 29th! :)
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Now that I think of it, has anyone had any luck yet with acquiring vol 21?
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:07 pm Now that I think of it, has anyone had any luck yet with acquiring vol 21?
I got mine a week ago, ordered it from ebay. I'd scan some stuff but I don't have a scanner :(
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

I haven't bought it yet. I will in a few weeks and can scan it if no one else scans before that time.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

What do you think about the cover? Any ideas? I hope it's a sight over the Ohu with Sirius and Monsoon together in the sky. It could be pretty cool! OvO

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I more wonder of back pic and spine then cover, as cover sem to have same dogs over and over XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

I imagine the spine would either be Sirius or Orion and the back might have Sirius and Monsoon on it.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

My money's on Jerome for front cover.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

I already got volume 21, ust haven't had the time to scan it. I've been soooo tired lately. The winter has been getting to me, but it seems the weather is getting lighter and warmer by now, so I should be on the recovering end. I may start scanning this week

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

FDQ wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:05 am I already got volume 21, ust haven't had the time to scan it. I've been soooo tired lately. The winter has been getting to me, but it seems the weather is getting lighter and warmer by now, so I should be on the recovering end. I may start scanning this week
No hurry, Take care of yourself! c: I'm soo excited for lighter and warmer days!

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

On a more news-ish note, vol 22 cover’s up:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/銀牙-LAST-WARS-2 ... 453713898X

Not quite as spectacular as I had hoped, personally, but it’s understandable since Yoshi’s been on a bit of a hiatus. Although I have to wonder... is Sirius’s image with his back to the front supposed to be a implication of him still being all like “suck my ass, I was right and y’all knew it” even at/after his death? XD
Call me Cammi!

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”