Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Dragon »

I wish we got to take a closer look at the people who lost people dear to them. Jerome is a powerfully emotional guy and losing yet another close person to him must hurt a lot. Not just another close person, but someone who helped him stop being suicidal and a traveller. But no. we must see only orion and sirius be focused on. no other characters' feelings really matter ;u_u
Reika, who I dont even need to explain. Heck, even Kurotora and Akame or Cross thinking about Musashi (Someone Cross supposedly blushed to once) or Jaguar, their dead friend's only symbol of bloodline lost right before them.
I love the turmoil the brothers have, but it cant be that difficult or a bad idea to juggle around other things, can it?

ImageImage
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Dragon wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:12 am I wish we got to take a closer look at the people who lost people dear to them. Jerome is a powerfully emotional guy and losing yet another close person to him must hurt a lot. Not just another close person, but someone who helped him stop being suicidal and a traveller. But no. we must see only orion and sirius be focused on. no other characters' feelings really matter ;u_u
Reika, who I dont even need to explain. Heck, even Kurotora and Akame or Cross thinking about Musashi (Someone Cross supposedly blushed to once) or Jaguar, their dead friend's only symbol of bloodline lost right before them.
I love the turmoil the brothers have, but it cant be that difficult or a bad idea to juggle around other things, can it?
THANK YOU!

That's one of the reasons I'm angry that Reika and her sons were just thrown to the side, even though this would have been the perfect opportunity for her sons to finally be important characters.

Also not only did Jerome lose Lydia, but he also lost some of his children. But meh, who cares, let's focus on Sirius and Orion nonstop.

I love the brother's conflict and all but can we PLEASE focus on other characters as well??
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

I couldn't agree more with this. For all we know, Reika isn't even alive anymore. Even just a page showing us where they are would be great.

I feel bad for Bob. Everything he went through is getting dismissed now, poor fella.
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Unfortunately, I find that that's always been a problem with Ginga. There's so much focus on the main characters, that side characters that are also important don't get the time they deserve to express their own thoughts and emotions. If we do get a reaction out of a character it's usually only for a page or two and then it's near unheard of again.

I'll never understand the point of Hiro's sons. Why are they pushed off to the side? Whats the point of them in that case? What was the point of Tonov, one of Jerome's last surviving children, being with Reika's group if it's doesn't mean anything? I love The Last Wars a lot, honestly, but I do feel like there are so many misplaced plot points which is really unfortunate.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Kin banner by Sandatora
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

^ Agreed so hard, it's a sad truth.
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

For Hiro's pups I guess it would make sense if Yoshi was forced to make them and therefore doesn't use them because he didn't originally want them to exist. That's just an assumption though. Still a shame though as I think they could be good characters if given a personality and a chance, especially since Hiro is dead now.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Kin banner by Sandatora
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Gingastar wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:37 pm For Hiro's pups I guess it would make sense if Yoshi was forced to make them and therefore doesn't use them because he didn't originally want them to exist. That's just an assumption though. Still a shame though as I think they could be good characters if given a personality and a chance, especially since Hiro is dead now.
To be fair I assume it's something like this:
1. Yoshi wants to make Hiro/Reika canon so he makes them have pups. Since they're so young they can't do anything in GDW except hassle Kotetsu and make ball jokes.
2. The pups spend 70% of GDWO being locked in a mine and are (somehow) still too small to be of any real use.
3. TLW comes around, the pups are almost adults but Yoshi wants to focus on Sirius and Orion and completely forgets about them.

Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

I'll be honest I don't even remember what Reika and Hiro's children look like.

Where have Bon and Yamabiko been this whole time? Did they die? Did I miss something?
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Akame wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:20 pm Where have Bon and Yamabiko been this whole time? Did they die? Did I miss something?
Nah, they're alive. They'll be in the next chapter I post.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

fantachan wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:04 pm
Akame wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:20 pm Where have Bon and Yamabiko been this whole time? Did they die? Did I miss something?
Nah, they're alive. They'll be in the next chapter I post.
!!
I can't wait :'D I hope they have something with a bit of personality to say lol

ImageImage
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

https://twitter.com/Dino_roko/status/10 ... 44/photo/1

New chapter image. Looks pretty interesting to me.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Doragon wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:08 pm https://twitter.com/Dino_roko/status/10 ... 44/photo/1

...I really wish the TLW chapter had started on the right page because now I can't unsee Monsoon intently looking at the oddly-proportioned woman on the right. :derpgin:

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:19 pm
Doragon wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:08 pm https://twitter.com/Dino_roko/status/10 ... 44/photo/1

...I really wish the TLW chapter had started on the right page because now I can't unsee Monsoon intently looking at the oddly-proportioned woman on the right. :derpgin:
LOL omf
what is that body
MONSOON, DON'T STARE

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Dragon wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:25 pm
Digsu wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:19 pm

LOL omf
what is that body
MONSOON, DON'T STARE
Thanks for making me laugh XD

And it's a nice chapter image for sure ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

RIP that girl's back
icon by azzai
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Something about the way Sirius is drawn in that chapter image that makes me feel uncomfortable.
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Swiggety swooty, he's going for that booty
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

fantachan wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:41 pm Something about the way Sirius is drawn in that chapter image that makes me feel uncomfortable.
It's a weird-looking angle, and honestly all I can see is....this....

Done.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Looool Orion is holding the sickle upside down xD
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Mako wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:50 pm
fantachan wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:41 pm Something about the way Sirius is drawn in that chapter image that makes me feel uncomfortable.
It's a weird-looking angle, and honestly all I can see is....this....

Kiwirous

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”