Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Kaiken »

Doragon wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:58 pm
Kaiken wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:54 am It's mildly powerful in ginga universe, on context to all other techniques.
Aside from Battougas seen in the wolf arc (which is pretty much not considered as canon anymore by Takahashi) Ningatou is one of the strongest techniques in all Ginga, the only thing that I can think of that comes close in terms of power/deadliness is Neck the Killing which is really just a variation of Battouga and used only by Yukimura, Joe and Weed.
How about literally all the Iga/Kouga ninja techniques then?

Wait, wolfarc's not canon? OMG :O HOW?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm
Kaiken wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:54 am It's mildly powerful in ginga universe, on context to all other techniques.
Aside from Battougas seen in the wolf arc (which is pretty much not considered as canon anymore by Takahashi) Ningatou is one of the strongest techniques in all Ginga, the only thing that I can think of that comes close in terms of power/deadliness is Neck the Killing which is really just a variation of Battouga and used only by Yukimura, Joe and Weed.

The only offensive Iga techniques I can think of is the Raikaken, which hasn't ever actually managed to kill a character in the history of Ginga (except for Madara, which was mostly thanks to Gin incorporating a giant honking tree branch spear into it), and the Souken/bamboo stick attack which absolutely nobody has ever used before it was magically made the best technique ever that the entire Ohu army has to practice. As for the Kogas, their only offensive technique seems to be the "swing a sickle around like a maniac" technique which the Ohu dogs already tried.

As for the canonicity of the wolf arc,

-No mention of the wolves after GNG, including Retsuga and Hyouma who joined the Ohu army at the end of GNG.
-No mention of the Battougas other than Zetsu Tenrou Battouga.
-Takahashi himself not liking the arc that much.

The only remnants of the wolf arc ever existing are Bill and Bemu being dead, Hakurou missing a leg, and a few characters mentioning the Ohu army's "two great wars" in GDW.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:09 pm

The only offensive Iga techniques I can think of is the Raikaken, which hasn't ever actually managed to kill a character in the history of Ginga (except for Madara, which was mostly thanks to Gin incorporating a giant honking tree branch spear into it), and the Souken/bamboo stick attack which absolutely nobody has ever used before it was magically made the best technique ever that the entire Ohu army has to practice. As for the Kogas, their only offensive technique seems to be the "swing a sickle around like a maniac" technique which the Ohu dogs already tried.

-No mention of the wolves after GNG, including Retsuga and Hyouma who joined the Ohu army at the end of GNG.

The only remnants of the wolf arc ever existing are Bill and Bemu being dead, Hakurou missing a leg, and a few characters mentioning the Ohu army's "two great wars" in GDW.
What about that jump/slice attack akame used on that huge akita-type guy that looks like Masashige and was terrorizing Sack's the knapsack's pack in Shin Gaiden?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 pm

What about that jump/slice attack akame used on that huge akita-type guy that looks like Masashige and was terrorizing Sack's the knapsack's pack in Shin Gaiden?
Ooooh right, that thing. I completely forgot about it since it's only been used once.

It's suspiciously similar to the special attack Riki and Gin used in GNG, so I wouldn't strictly call it a ninja technique, though.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:54 pm
Kaiken wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 pm

Ooooh right, that thing. I completely forgot about it since it's only been used once.

It's suspiciously similar to the special attack Riki and Gin used in GNG, so I wouldn't strictly call it a ninja technique, though.

John, Viktor, Jerome, Terumune, Kenshin, Rocket - to name a few - they all also used it. It's from what I remember, there could be a lot more.
Favorites:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:15 pm
Kaiken wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 pm What about that jump/slice attack akame used on that huge akita-type guy that looks like Masashige and was terrorizing Sack's the knapsack's pack in Shin Gaiden?

John, Viktor, Jerome, Terumune, Kenshin, Rocket - to name a few - they all also used it. It's from what I remember, there could be a lot more.
I wouldn't read too much into it. It's never specified as a technique, I'd just say it's just the dog slicing with it fangs really fast, and the effect is just artistic thing to make it look fast and cool.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Doragon wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:30 pm
Kaiken wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:15 pm

I wouldn't read too much into it. It's never specified as a technique, I'd just say it's just the dog slicing with it fangs really fast, and the effect is just artistic thing to make it look fast and cool.
Hmm, that's a really, really good point there actually. It does explains how so many untrained dogs can do it. Well, Rocket's untrained.
Favorites:
RiKyy
Mentor
Mentor

Post by RiKyy »

My collection site: https://rikyy.weebly.com/
Check it :riki:
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

That is really cool.
Good to see another character on the cover, and I like the effect of Monsoon in the washed out greyscale.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Cool with the greyscale there actually! And Gin's on the cover yay. Better him then Sirius all day. ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

WOW I really love this cover! It's so different to the others with that greyscale effect. I need to catch up and buy these books, I only have the first 5 so far XD
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Arano wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:12 am WOW I really love this cover! It's so different to the others with that greyscale effect. I need to catch up and buy these books, I only have the first 5 so far XD
You have one more vol then me. Only 1-4 of Last Wars here. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Love the cover! The greyscale for Monsoon is such a neat effect and really makes Gin and Orion pop! Love seeing Gin on the cover as well!
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Does anyone plan buying and scanning this volume? It holds the missing chapters!
Favorites:
Bolty
Potential
Potential

Post by Bolty »

The new cover looks so cool! Finally some new characters instead of the same yeah

:akatora: :ben: :benizakura: :gb: :gin: :kurotora: :jerome: :gdwjohn: :riki: :tesshin: :toube:
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Monsoon's lover jaw looks somehow different than before. Has Takahashi changed his style on drawing it?

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Nice to see good ol' Gin taking the spotlight again! I need to start collecting these before I get behind...

(Though I need to get GDW and GDWO first...)
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

methpring wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:29 am Monsoon's lover jaw looks somehow different than before. Has Takahashi changed his style on drawing it?
It's not a bad thing, he fianlyl looks more like a bear here.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

methpring wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:29 am Monsoon's lover jaw looks somehow different than before. Has Takahashi changed his style on drawing it?
Sudden burst of realism in Takahashi's drawings? I think he just actually looked up what bear jaw is supposed to look like, otherwise he would never remember that bears (and dogs) don't have boxes for jaws.

But dang, I gotta say. That cover looks sick! Specially the greyscale Monsoon.
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

I really like this cover. It would've been nice if we had covers in this style featuring different characters on each volume, but that's just me. :P

Also, if anyone is able to buy these volumes and scan them for me to translate, that'd be great. :P (<--- Totally not a cheepskate)

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”