Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Kasi »

Of course his goal of peace is a good dream to shoot for. I really liked Sirius' way of handling things in GDWO, where he still fought, but didn't betray Akakamakiri, even when he was abused. I'm just not understanding Sirius' death wishes. Is it really him underestimating Monsoon's abuse? Does he want Bob's abuse to prove his want for peace and loyalty towards Monsoon? I just wish Sirius had a scene to talk out his feelings more.
Hard to say for sure when the manga is still ongoing, but to me to me Sirius with Akakama and Sirius with Monsoon is pretty much the same thing. They both abused him but Sirius only sees the end result, and he's been consistently apathetic about the worth of his own life during the series (such as asking Akakama to kill him so he can escape and also get his revenge on the Ouu army).
He's a madman, he doesn't see things as they are, just what he wants to eventually happen so he has total faith in that becoming reality, and it worked for him in the past. I see it as just more development from his upbringing and abuse that originated with Akakama. His ideal's for peace are ultimately a good thing imo, but I think his character arc is separate from this. The narration is pretty clear that he is out of line with reality and delusional even though I do think Monsoon won't be killed by the end of this series.

With the rocks, I don't know if he's still at his usual level of delusional or if he actually wouldn't care to be killed if he thinks it'll make some change in Monsoon. To me the latter makes more sense if making peace is so important to him, or maybe he's just that blind-sighted by faith.

I'm interested to see how it turns out in the end, Yoshi sometimes just changes his mind on things part way, plus pacing issues and all, well, it's a manga :derpgin:

Admittedly, he has admitted more things now, but I don't get how his plan is efficient in his eyes. He's dragging along a dog who's tired of him and has to save Sirius when he does reckless things... but then he scolds Zion for it? Why don't he ask Zion to teach him bear language so he won't need anyone getting in whatever plan he has, whether it's take a face full of rocks or chase Monsoon until the end of time.
Asking to be taught bear language is totally the first thing I would have expected XD But to be honest I think this is just a writing thing. Who is he going to talk and relay thoughts to without Zion?
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

At least in Akakama's case, Sirius had a way of knowing that he was making some progress: the other dogs in the pack liked him, and Kurokama and Kamajiro eventually warmed up to him (or at least viewed him as too useful to kill off) a lot faster than Akakama did.

In contrast, the only sign he's gotten that his persistence is paying off with Monsoon is that... he's slightly less likely kill him on sight. Possibly.

Also his method of redeeming the Kama Bros was by showing utmost loyalty to them and persistently nudging them towards more moderate solutions whenever he could, usually winning them over by arguing that the peaceful way would also be beneficial to them (less casualties, no need to fight at two fronts, etc), instead of just stalking them and screaming "YOU AND I SHOULD BE FRIENDS" over and over again.

Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

I feel sorry for Zion. Sirius doesn't want any more blood spilled, but he's constantly endangering Zion by having him tag along to translate.

If it wasn't for Zion Sirius would have died a few times over by now...
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Digsu wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:45 pm At least in Akakama's case, Sirius had a way of knowing that he was making some progress: the other dogs in the pack liked him, and Kurokama and Kamajiro eventually warmed up to him (or at least viewed him as too useful to kill off) a lot faster than Akakama did.

In contrast, the only sign he's gotten that his persistence is paying off with Monsoon is that... he's slightly less likely kill him on sight. Possibly.
* He got Monsoon to let them take the bodies of Kenshin's subordinates
* Monsoon released him and walked away after catching him under his paw
* Monsoon releases Chibi for Sirius

Not that seeing progress is really relevant to the way Sirius thinks.
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Am I the only one who finds Zion's translations hilarious?

Sirius: Tell him how I feel about this. Killing is bad. We should have peace.
Zion: Hey, idiot! Stop throwing rocks!!!
Sirius: Good job.

I mean, does Sirius know that Zion is just angrily shouting at Monsoon and calling him idiot?
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Uru wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:42 am Am I the only one who finds Zion's translations hilarious?

I mean, does Sirius know that Zion is just angrily shouting at Monsoon and calling him idiot?
I think so too :lol:
For anyone who's seen the film Okja I think back to that scene "Translations are sacred!!" :lol:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Uru wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:42 am Am I the only one who finds Zion's translations hilarious?

tbh I'm surprised he's managed to last this long before going all "screw it" and just shouting insults at Monsoon with Sirius none the wiser.

Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

what happened to dear old Kurotora
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

This was making me laugh, too! Oh, Sirius, if only you knew! xD
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

It's like Zion is slowly straying from Sirius and is developing on his own. Oh I hope this is actually happening, because it's great and hilarious. XD
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Smith wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:41 pm what happened to dear old Kurotora
Kurotora is fine, he hangs around with everybody like nothing ever happened. And seems that the gaping wounds he got from the bears have completely healed, not even scars are left.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

methpring wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:43 am
Smith wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:41 pm what happened to dear old Kurotora
Kurotora is fine, he hangs around with everybody like nothing ever happened. And seems that the gaping wounds he got from the bears have completely healed, not even scars are left.
that's good though I really want him to do something soon
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

I took a peak at Chapter 130 of TLW.

Gennai attacks Monsoon. I don't immediately understand what Gennai and company's plan is for Sirius and Monsoon, but apparently it didn't go according to plan when Gennai is attacked by Sirius and Zion. After the three dogs argue, Monsoon steps in to DEFEND Sirius and Zion from Gennai!!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

fantachan wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:48 pm Monsoon steps in to DEFEND Sirius and Zion from Gennai!!
WUT :derpgin:
Where in the world is this story going anymore XD
Image Image
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

fantachan wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:48 pm I took a peak at Chapter 130 of TLW.

Gennai attacks Monsoon. I don't immediately understand what Gennai and company's plan is for Sirius and Monsoon, but apparently it didn't go according to plan when Gennai is attacked by Sirius and Zion. After the three dogs argue, Monsoon steps in to DEFEND Sirius and Zion from Gennai!!
ohhh!! I like where this is going, personally! That's interesting. I don't yet understand what Gennai was trying to do though .-.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Kin banner by Sandatora
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Ugggggggggggggggggggh.

I’m honestly not surprised. All that talk about how the dogs are just food to him, of course he save Sirius because...the tora-ge’s always right. :x
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

JazzyJazz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:43 pm Ugggggggggggggggggggh.

I’m honestly not surprised. All that talk about how the dogs are just food to him, of course he save Sirius because...the tora-ge’s always right. :x
This...so much! :x :x
Platina wolf by me.
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

But Monsoon threw boulders at Sirus seconds ago..... lol
icon by azzai
Crystal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Crystal »

fantachan wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:47 pm Until then, you may have a look at my blog for any chapters you've missed. https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/

Here's the latest one (Chapter 128): https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2017/1 ... r-128.html
I don't have anything insightful to add, but can I just say how much I love this chapter? Somehow, it gives me all of the 'back in the day' Ginga feels and actually draws me in to being invested in this series. The art style is nice, character reactions natural, and the last page's mention of Sirius and Orion is appreciated. I still stand behind my bae Rigel. He's more level-headed than the others in my opinion.

And after reading chapter 129, I feel the same way! I really appreciate how different the siblings are. It'll be interesting to see how this all goes down. I can't really say that I dislike Sirius at this point. He intrigues me, as do the other two!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

fantachan wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:48 pm I took a peak at Chapter 130 of TLW.

No one gonna hurt or kill this dog, but me for food! XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”