Arcs in G:TLW?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Arcs in G:TLW?

Post by Tora »

Would you say there are Arcs in G:TLW like in GNG and GDW? If so, what woudl they be called?

Here I would say there's been one Arc, where Monsoon attacked Ôu till all of the bears but him where killed by humans. And on a second Arc where Sirius follow Monsson and try to reasona nd talk with him. But what to name them?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Eclipse-Wolven
Legend
Legend

Re: Arcs in G:TLW?

Post by Eclipse-Wolven »

I personally always differentiated the arcs in GNG and GDW by the enemy they were fighting. So in GDW, Hougen's time as their main enemy would be one arc and the the next would be Shougun and so on. Here, because Monsoon has been their opponent all along, I would go with the whole thing so far being one single arc ("The Monsoon Arc").

That's just me though. I can also see the argument for splitting it into multiple arcs.
Banner by Kairi292 & Avatar by Kasi

My stories (on FF.net):
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Dark Legend
The Chronicles Of Ohu

For he today who sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Like within the Akakabuto Arc, there's 3 sub Arcs (Indroduction/human, Journey and the Great Battle). So more wonder if this Monsoon Arc would have those kind of sub Arcs as well mostly actually

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Like GDWO, I think GTLW might have mini-arcs within the big main arc; the entire Sirius "befriending" Monsoon could almost be considered a mini-arc, I think (though, maybe that's more of a sub-plot?). But there is definitely one big defined arc on-going right now with Ohu & Friends vs. Big Bad Monsoon.
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Tikikata wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:36 pm Like GDWO, I think GTLW might have mini-arcs within the big main arc; the entire Sirius "befriending" Monsoon could almost be considered a mini-arc, I think (though, maybe that's more of a sub-plot?). But there is definitely one big defined arc on-going right now with Ohu & Friends vs. Big Bad Monsoon.
That's what I was thinking. The first Arc was when Monsoon took over the Paradise. Then this second one after all Monsoon's Kin got killed and Sirius trying to befriend him. Though, what would they be called even?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Eclipse-Wolven
Legend
Legend

Post by Eclipse-Wolven »

Tora wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:47 pm
Tikikata wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:36 pm Like GDWO, I think GTLW might have mini-arcs within the big main arc; the entire Sirius "befriending" Monsoon could almost be considered a mini-arc, I think (though, maybe that's more of a sub-plot?). But there is definitely one big defined arc on-going right now with Ohu & Friends vs. Big Bad Monsoon.
That's what I was thinking. The first Arc was when Monsoon took over the Paradise. Then this second one after all Monsoon's Kin got killed and Sirius trying to befriend him. Though, what would they be called even?
Oh, you're thinking sub-arcs? Then yeah, there's probably a few. As for what to call them...*scratches chin*. All I can think of is names that sound more like chapter titles, like "Monsoon Attacks", "Sirius's Plan" and "Orion's Training". Things like that.
Banner by Kairi292 & Avatar by Kasi

My stories (on FF.net):
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Dark Legend
The Chronicles Of Ohu

For he today who sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Eclipse-Wolven wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:07 pm
Tora wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:47 pm
Oh, you're thinking sub-arcs? Then yeah, there's probably a few. As for what to call them...*scratches chin*. All I can think of is names that sound more like chapter titles, like "Monsoon Attacks", "Sirius's Plan" and "Orion's Training". Things like that.
Hmm... Fallen Paradise Arc for the first one? I only have up to vol 4 to check really (I'm behind with collecting lol). What to call Sirius's tries to befriend Monsoon?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Fallen Paradise sounds like a great title for the first arc. Sirius befriending the bears could be simply Friendship arc. To me it feels more like filler, it took so long to go anywhere. Perhaps it's different now but until we get updated only time will tell
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Fallen Paradise is a great name for the first arc! It sets everything up. As for Sirius' attempt to befriend Monsoon, I think it could be called "Sirius' Betrayal" because that's almost what it seems like to everyone else in Ohu, but not quite... maybe there's a better word for it? As for Orion's mini-arc, maybe it could be Orion's Training like Eclipse-Wolven mentioned, or maybe something like Orion's Preparation?? I don't know, haha. Previous Ginga series had defined arcs (GDW for example: Kaibutsu arc, Hougen arc, Monkey arc, Russian arc, Bear arc). GDWO and GTLW are much harder.
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

"Sirius's Betrayal" sound good. Me and Blivery also talked about "Sirius Problem", "Sirius Difference" as the 2nd arc.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”