Poll: To call the 2nd ongoing GTLW arc

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.

What would you call the second ongoing arc of GTLW?

Sirius/Serious Difference
15%
Sirius/Serious Problem
6%
Sirius's Betrayal
9%
Sibling Rivalry
21%
War vs. Peace
39%
Wanting war & Wanting peace
3%
Monsoon's Escape
6%

Total votes: 33

Tora
Legend
Legend

Poll: To call the 2nd ongoing GTLW arc

Post by Tora »

The first Arc (or sub-arc rather lol) of GTLW can be called "Fallen Paradise Arc", and runs through chapter 1-98 till all of Monsoon's kin been shot and Monsoon himself dissapeared. Then from chapter 99 Sirius and Shion are going out to look for Monsoon and trying to befriend him. So far it's still ongoing.

"Sirius Differense" and "Sirius Problem" is more of a pun for "Serious difference" and "serious Problem".

But what can we call this ongoing arc? 5 suggestions are posted, if you have any I can add just 5 more. ^^

Edited 22 july
New options and some options gone
Last edited by Tora on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Poll: To call the 2nd ongoing GTLW arc

Post by Dragon »

I like the sound of Sirius' Betrayal since no one agrees with his outlook on the situation (and with good reason). Though if people didn't want a misleading title like that, since Sirius' intentions are pure even though he's not displaying the proper emotions he should be showing, maybe Sirius VS Orion could be another name. Or Sirius' Peace Movement... oorrr Avenge VS Forgive.

ImageImage
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

I voted Sirius's Betrayal. It has a nice ring to it and it fits what he's doing to the group.
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

I dunno, I feel like Sirius Difference makes more sense. Sirius has a different opinion from everyone else on how the dispute against Monsoon should be solved. Sure, from an Ouu Army soldier's point of view, it can be seen as betrayal, but Sirius's goal is to figure out how to get along peacefully with a bear without violence on any side, and that way of thinking is different from the Ouu Army way of just killing bears. If Sirius were betraying Ouu army, he would have withdrawn from the Ouu Army and actually attacked them along with Monsoon.
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

I voted Sirius Difference for the exact reason Fanta explained. I really don't see it as betrayal.

Could also have a different title, as Dragon said, showcasing both Sirius and Orion, since Orion also plays a big role in things and this arc is meant to show the differences between the two.

I think Dragon had some good name ideas.

Others like that could be:
Brother vs. Brother
Sibling Rivalry
Blood Feud
War and Peace
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Gingastar wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:59 pm Others like that could be:
Brother vs. Brother
Sibling Rivalry
Blood Feud
War and Peace
These are awesome names! I think War and Peace fits without excluding the other part of the army and symbolizing the two brothers as words while doing so.

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Gingastar wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:59 pm I voted Sirius Difference for the exact reason Fanta explained. I really don't see it as betrayal.

Could also have a different title, as Dragon said, showcasing both Sirius and Orion, since Orion also plays a big role in things and this arc is meant to show the differences between the two.

I think Dragon had some good name ideas.

Others like that could be:
Brother vs. Brother
Sibling Rivalry
Blood Feud
War and Peace
Ooo, I like the sound of "Sibling Rivalry Arc". I add that. ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Tove
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tove »

To me, it makes more sense to call it something neutral. If not, I'd be tempted to call it "The One Where Orion was a Total Douche Bag and Needed a Good Spanking" (Team Sirius says hello :sirius:).

Sibling Rivalry sounds about right, although War & Peace is an interesting one as well.
Ookanu Sayuri
Potential
Potential

Post by Ookanu Sayuri »

I voted "Sirius' Difference," because like fanta said, it may look like betrayal to some, but really, Sirius just wants to make peace with Monsoon and maybe persuade him to join the good side so everyone will be safe and can for once go to sleep at night without the risk of being crushed by giant paws or eaten alive. XD
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

I think the name should be more neutral. Sirius's betrayl etc. makes it automatically sound like Sirius did the wrong choice and someone else (who? Rigel? Orion? Kyoshiro? Gin? Daisuke?) is correct. I also don't think that Sirius should be the main character here. Sirius, Orion and Monsoon all have big role in this so I think they should all be mentioned. Or if someone should be mentioned, I think it should be Monsoon. All other arcs have been about the villain (P4, Hougen, Russian war dogs, Hybrid bears etc.) and this story is about Monsoon. It also bit difficult to quess what the name should be as we don't know how Sirius's plan did end. Why he did leave Monsoon etc.

Few ideas with Monsoon:
Monsoon's Escape
Monsoon's Plan
Nature of Monsoon
Heart of Monsoon
Monsoon's hatred

Sibling rivalry is my favorite so far as it neutral and this is about Sirius and Orion both.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Reason Sirius is actually many of choices, I guess is more of a pun to "serious" As most of them can be renamed with "serious" from "sirius".

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Uru wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:56 pm I think the name should be more neutral. Sirius's betrayl etc. makes it automatically sound like Sirius did the wrong choice and someone else (who? Rigel? Orion? Kyoshiro? Gin? Daisuke?) is correct. I also don't think that Sirius should be the main character here. Sirius, Orion and Monsoon all have big role in this so I think they should all be mentioned. Or if someone should be mentioned, I think it should be Monsoon. All other arcs have been about the villain (P4, Hougen, Russian war dogs, Hybrid bears etc.) and this story is about Monsoon. It also bit difficult to quess what the name should be as we don't know how Sirius's plan did end. Why he did leave Monsoon etc.

Few ideas with Monsoon:
Monsoon's Escape
Monsoon's Plan
Nature of Monsoon
Heart of Monsoon
Monsoon's hatred

Sibling rivalry is my favorite so far as it neutral and this is about Sirius and Orion both.
Monsoon's Stalker :sirius:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Tsukitora wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:06 pm
Uru wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:56 pm I think the name should be more neutral. Sirius's betrayl etc. makes it automatically sound like Sirius did the wrong choice and someone else (who? Rigel? Orion? Kyoshiro? Gin? Daisuke?) is correct. I also don't think that Sirius should be the main character here. Sirius, Orion and Monsoon all have big role in this so I think they should all be mentioned. Or if someone should be mentioned, I think it should be Monsoon. All other arcs have been about the villain (P4, Hougen, Russian war dogs, Hybrid bears etc.) and this story is about Monsoon. It also bit difficult to quess what the name should be as we don't know how Sirius's plan did end. Why he did leave Monsoon etc.

Few ideas with Monsoon:
Monsoon's Escape
Monsoon's Plan
Nature of Monsoon
Heart of Monsoon
Monsoon's hatred

Monsoon's Stalker :sirius:
I laughed out loud at this. XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Sirius Sirius Sirius, gosh Dx
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

Few ideas with Monsoon:
Monsoon's Escape
Monsoon's Plan
Nature of Monsoon
Heart of Monsoon
Monsoon's hatred

You're absolutely right that it's all about Monsoon. That's why the arc itself is called "Monsoon". But It's about the sub-arcs here to subdivide the single storys in this big arc (The same problem with GDWO with the whole kurohabaki story in it).

For me "Sibling Rivalry" sound very good but I think "War and Peace" really fits better because it's more general and sums up the complete sub-arc. It's not just about the two siblings and thair difference of opinions, it's also about the other dogs wanting to fight Monsoon and preparing for it for the next 6 months. "Sibling Rivalry" does not include this all. We have to sum up the whole story and not just this brother struggle part. And it's not only Sirius and Orion, the other dogs have a problem with Sirius too because of his attempt to make peace with Monsoon.

"War & Peace"
"War or Peace"
"War vs. Peace"
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

New voting.

Few added, few delieted options.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Revoted for War & Peace ^^
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Sticking to my original decision (Sirius's Difference) plus voted for War vs. Peace. I actually like the latter one more. :)
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Definitely War v. Peace for now. This makes it vague enough for all sides. This can reflect on even how Monsoon, Gin, and Akame want the war to continue, but Zion is trying his best to stay on the peaceful side. If it was Sibling Rivalry, it'd make it specifically only about Orion and Sirius.

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Bumping this. As I know few more members joined/coming back. ^_^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”