Sirius's death

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Sirius's death

Post by Jinto »

I honestly didn't think Sirius would die because Monsoon could have killed him so many times earlier but didn't. Yet Sirius ended up dying. But what still bothers me about it is the way everyone treated him. I get it why it happened but seeing Sirius become pretty lonely and dying like it made me a bit sad.
What bothers me even more about it is after his death no one else from the dogs other than Orion has even thought about him. I expected Weed at least to reflect on it in some way already in GDN. But no. I wanted to see the characters talk about Sirius while they were in the mine telling stories. It would have been a perfect place for it. I know Weed really isn't a good father at all but it seems Weed or anyone else just don't care. This might still happen later on the story of course but I think it sould have happened already.
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Sirius's death

Post by kahooton »

Yeah,, I thought we would at least get something from Akakamakiri or Kurokamakiri since they were so inspired by him, and Akakama even went as far to try and understand why he wanted to spare Monsoon.. but it's just nothing. I like the guilt we get from Orion, but seeing it from Weed or the others would have been great as well
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I know exactly how you feel - I really wish they explore the grief and regret behind it, it was a big missed opportunity with the flashbacks in the mines. Seriously there was nothing in those flashbacks that we had not see before. We should really show the regret of the soldiers for what happened, considering they left him to bleed to death as they sought revenge rather than save his life.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Why would anyone care that a traitorous idiot died lol, I'm not even sure why Orion cared all that much
Jodai343
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Jodai343 »

JazzyJazz wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:24 am Why would anyone care that a traitorous idiot died lol, I'm not even sure why Orion cared all that much
Agree! He is just ignorant so why should everyone care for him lol :EMPTY: :EMPTY:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

If he had admitted/realized all of his wrongdoings throughout the manga before the end, I probably would have had some sympathy for him after his death. But he didn't. So mostly I don't care that he died with Monsoon.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
AkaiTsuki

Post by AkaiTsuki »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:23 am If he had admitted/realized all of his wrongdoings throughout the manga before the end, I probably would have had some sympathy for him after his death. But he didn't. So mostly I don't care that he died with Monsoon.
I can agree with the former more.

Subjectively speaking I still feel bad for what in the end got him killed were his own ideals. It almost feels like difference in maturity was flipped over from GDW:O for Orion and Sirius, even if Orion is still the hothead he is, but sometimes that is just what is needed at the given moment.
"We must remember what truly matters."
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

I don't exactly like Sirius, but he deserved better.
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
Troyo7

Post by Troyo7 »

I was very surprised that Weed did not support Sirius since he was the one who showed sympathy for the enemies but with Moonzon he made an exception
hesehese

Post by hesehese »

Troyo7 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:44 pm I was very surprised that Weed did not support Sirius since he was the one who showed sympathy for the enemies but with Moonzon he made an exception
This is my biggest gripe with the series too. It is so illogical to me how Weed acted towards Sirius.
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

You know, as much as I dislike Sirius and find him annoying, I just felt pity for him when he was dying.
I mean, think of this..

Imagine you are heavily wounded, your "friend" is getting attacked, and you can hardly move so all you can do is yell and beg for others not to kill your "friend."

Imagine that your family members and friends just outright ignore your pleads and just outright jump over you just to finish your "friend" off, and none of them, except for one, are focused on you heavily bleeding to death, and are just more focused on getting revenge.

That was just sad. Still dislike Sirius.
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Man I love Sirius and his death was tragic. He died and only Cross was with him there and witnessed it happen, not his father or brothers even though none of them probably expected him to die. Though Weed already sucks as a father (Unintentional? Pretty much all his scenes with his kids come off as unconvincing to me due to the way his role as a father gets handled)

His ideals were complicated and naive but ultimately good. He did betray Ohu, but never wanted them to die or get hurt. He was stubborn and refused to stop but very rarely truly lost his temper unlike Orion who was ready to kill. I'm trying to be neutral and not hateful towards either two here. I just feel both brothers had good but flawed intentions

All in all he was a good fella, not villain. I just hope his grieving brother Orion will have a moment with him, like in the way GB appears to Sasuke for example. They can finally move on and honor his memory the way it could.
TheGreatRiki
Potential
Potential

Post by TheGreatRiki »

I didn't like Sirius much at all. He was bit too idealistic for me. His death was tragic, but perhaps the writer felt it was necessary for the story. (You know more tragic story, when one of the main character dies)

I just wondered, if Sirius hadn't died, what role would he have played in future stories along with Orion and would it have worked out, since they were so different?
I agree with you that weed is not a very good father. He was and is very careing towards his friends, but not so much towards his sons. At least that's the feeling, what i got from him. Maybe he was too young to become a father? 🤷‍♂️

But yeah, it was pretty cold to write Sirius so lonely especially towards the end of the story. That was short and tragic story, but it was his story. Maybe he has some part of this new story.

I`ll guess we'll have to wait and see.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”