Gingas Finnish popularity

News and general discussion of topics that encompass all Finnish translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series.
Miles

Re: Gingas Finnish popularity

Post by Miles » Sat May 15, 2021 1:03 pm

My boyfriend just linked me to this Finnish rap music video, titled "Jeesei".

As you can hear, it's either sampling or recreating this melody from the GNG soundtrack. Just an example of the series' influence on Finland, when it's even used in mainstream rap.
Last edited by Miles on Sun May 16, 2021 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon » Sat May 15, 2021 5:35 pm

Miles wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:03 pm
My boyfriend just linked me to this Finnish rap music video, titled "Jessei".

As you can hear, it's either sampling or recreating this melody from the GNG soundtrack. Just an example of the series' influence on Finland, when it's even used in mainstream rap.
Thats. CRAZY!!
It sounds so freakin good too! To think one day Ginga's ost could be used as a beat to rap to... it works though! I kinda hope they make more with more Ginga ost xD

Arctic Ranger
Friend
Friend

Post by Arctic Ranger » Sat May 15, 2021 7:45 pm

Miles wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:03 pm
My boyfriend just linked me to this Finnish rap music video, titled "Jessei".

This reminds me of when I once watched a Finnish fan dub of a Sonic movie by a group called "Dubbinaattorit" and they used GNG's osts for some scenes, or at least one. Much like the rap, this just goes to show the anime's impact over here. They also at some point dubbed the missing later parts of GNG, but I'm not sure if those are anywhere to be found anymore, unfortunately (as they shut themselves down at one point).

Link in the spoiler, the music is at 16:55 if you're curious.:
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.

Return to “Hopeanuoli and other Finnish Publications”