Ukraine Charity Pins/Badges

News and general discussion of topics that encompass all Finnish translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Ukraine Charity Pins/Badges

Post by Arano »

17.03 - 800 Euros has been raised in 24 hours!

Urumi have released 2 can badges and 1 enamel pin available for pre-order where the total sale cost will be donated to Unicef ​​and Revived Soldiers Ukraine.

Shion, Sirius and Chibi Badge:
https://www.urumi.fi/tuote/hopeanuoli-s ... ssi-badge/

Monsoon vs Orion and Gin Badge:
https://www.urumi.fi/tuote/hopeanuoli-m ... ssi-badge/

Enamel Gin Pin designed by Gay Breakfast:
https://www.urumi.fi/tuote/hopeanuoli-g ... kkotilaus/

For USA fans, you can now pre-order badges and the pins here:
Badges: https://gaybreakfast.storenvy.com/produ ... s-preorder
Pin: https://gaybreakfast.storenvy.com/produ ... -pre-order
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Re: Ukraine Charity Pins/Badges

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Oh I love this :tfw_bella2:
I hope they'll be around by Friday since I'll be paid then....
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:28 pm Oh I love this :tfw_bella2:
I hope they'll be around by Friday since I'll be paid then....
They are pre-order at the moment so I wouldn't worry about them not being available by Friday!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

This is a brilliant idea! 💙💛

I am having that Zion, Sirius and Chibi badge! :zion: :sirius: :bearchibi:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I am so gonna preorder all 3! Next Friday
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I love this, I'm a fan of the enamel pin in particular! Definitely cool to see official Ginga charity merch like this.

Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

I love that Sirius pin! Totally gonna pre-order it!

Edit: Can anyone help me out? Google isn't translating the delivery options so I don't know which one to choose to have it shipped to UK. In case you need them, the options are:
-Posti - Paketti (Toimitetaan lähimpään Postin noutopisteeseen): €12.40 (incl. VAT)
-DB Schenker (toimitetaan lähimpään DB Schenkerin noutopisteeseen): €6.00 (incl. VAT)
-Matkahuolto Lähellä-paketti (toimitetaan lähimpään noutopisteeseen): €9.92 (incl. VAT)
-Posti - Kotiinkuljetus (tekstiviesti ennen toimitusta): €23.06 (incl. VAT)
-Matkahuolto - Kotiinkuljetus (tekstiviesti ennen toimitusta): €18.14 (incl. VAT)
- Postiennakko - Maksa tuote noutaessasi se postista.: €17.36 (incl. VAT)
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Saw these on Tumblr and am very grateful for Urumi donating full proceeds!
The badges are very meh (and using Chibi is tone-deaf lmao) but I'm very much ordering that pin, good on you Finns for supporting Ukraine!

I want to add that if you want to help Ukraine even more the link to donate to Razom (pro-democracy group) is on the RS page, its directly in Ukraine and has no NATO restrictions (Putin is bombing Ukrainian hospitals as I type this, victims need to get to NATO land to get RS help).
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Shiruba wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:53 pm I love that Sirius pin! Totally gonna pre-order it!

Edit: Can anyone help me out? Google isn't translating the delivery options so I don't know which one to choose to have it shipped to UK.
I made this mistake too when I first tried to order - it's easily done. There's an option just under the Login/Register options at the top right to translate the site (and thus, your checkout) into English. I did only get a default shipping setting for the UK though. :tfw_bella2:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

USA fans can now pre-order all 3 from from Gay Breakfast's store:
Badges: https://gaybreakfast.storenvy.com/produ ... s-preorder
Pin: https://gaybreakfast.storenvy.com/produ ... -pre-order

Edit: Just seen from Dee on Discord that 800 Euros has been raised in 24 hours! :tfw_bella2:
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Shining Sirius wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:30 pm
Shiruba wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:53 pm I love that Sirius pin! Totally gonna pre-order it!

Edit: Can anyone help me out? Google isn't translating the delivery options so I don't know which one to choose to have it shipped to UK.
I made this mistake too when I first tried to order - it's easily done. There's an option just under the Login/Register options at the top right to translate the site (and thus, your checkout) into English. I did only get a default shipping setting for the UK though. :tfw_bella2:
I clicked on the English button and it translated the page but not the delivery options. I might give it a go on my mobile and see if it does any different.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Shiruba wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:42 pm

I clicked on the English button and it translated the page but not the delivery options. I might give it a go on my mobile and see if it does any different.
Are you logged in to your account? I'm in the UK too and if you add the items to cart and proceed to checkout, only one option will be available for you: €27.28 (sis. alv.) Priority with tracking code.
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Arano wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:22 pm
Are you logged in to your account? I'm in the UK too and if you add the items to cart and proceed to checkout, only one option will be available for you: €27.28 (sis. alv.) Priority with tracking code.
I tried logging in but it wouldn't accept my details. I might have to create a new one.
Dee
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Dee »

Shiruba wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:41 pm

I tried logging in but it wouldn't accept my details. I might have to create a new one.
Once you go into your cart, after shipping options there's "Calculate shipping". You will need to change the country first from there and update to see the correct delivery option.

Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Anttu wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:11 pm
Shiruba wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:41 pm

Once you go into your cart, after shipping options there's "Calculate shipping". You will need to change the country first from there and update to see the correct delivery option.

Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Thank you everyone for ordering pins and badges! We have already donated 800 euro to Unicef and tomorrow we will do another donation. I'm very thankfull for everyone taking part as Urumi/PurePlastic alone wouldn't been able to give this large donation(s).

We are giving sales to two different charities: Unicef and Revived Soldiers Ukraine. Unicef helps refugees and families, Revived Soldiers Ukraine helps wounded soldiers and veterans. We are aware that we could have also given money directly to Ukrainian army, but we considered it and despite the situation we think that it would have been wrong. Ginga is series mostly about battles and fighting, but the series has strong message about horror and futility of war. We wanted to keep our main focus on helping the victims of the war and not funding weapons as in the end, we can not know how they will be used.

And I do agree: the designs are bit lazy on PurePlastic's standards. We usually use 2-5 weeks in choosing the pictures, making the designs, redoing them etc. For these ones I got the idea on Friday night, our design team & Gay Breakfast chose the pictures & edited them during weekend and I send them to Japan on Monday. Our main focus was to get items out fast as this is humanitarian crisis and help is needed immediatly. Luckily publisher in Japan was thinking same: it usually takes 3-8 months to get approval to new items. This time we got approval less than 2 weeks.

I got the idea from Mangamuseo: they had set of regular pins and then later they made new set to collect money to help victims of 2016 Tsunami.
thunderinghowls

Post by thunderinghowls »

I pre-ordered the two badges. I really like the design of the Orion/Gin and Monsoon one!
It's amazing what the Ginga community is capable of- raising that much money for a good cause in such a short time...awesome!
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I really love this idea, and I'm glad to see that people in the community are getting together in support of Ukraine's people! I will do my best to try and donate as well, likely next week after I get paid. Really eyeing the pin, such a pretty design!

Good luck with the campaign!

* Got the pin!
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Just seen on FB that €2,175 has been raised! That's brilliant!

https://www.facebook.com/16510765050798 ... 201325415/

Return to “Hopeanuoli and other Finnish Publications”